Page 28 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Well, last couple of times I've been PLing, I've had someone in leader chat getting info then I've been using it. It's effective.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

YOU GOT AMERISH?! WOW!!! You are awesome guys! I wish I could had join you!
    (adult life got in the way...)

well i will prob. play tomorrow, see you at strat.gir.?

nighty night!!
    She's got lots of layers, like an onion made of boobs.
    - Lilith about Moxxi
    Be my friend on Steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    That beign said, however. If anyone wants to dedicate themselves to being a Scythe scout (not air superiority) when I BL, they'd be totally welcome...
    I've actually been thinking about doing something like this. Having a couple of dedicated scouts who, when given the order from BL, can scout out new targets, see where the enemies are at and so on. We've had that for shorter periods of times some nights, and it seems to be really helpful.

And seeing as I really like flying (that's actually what made me interested in PS2 to start with) I'm gonna volunteer for the next strat.gir. that I'm on. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make tomorrow, but I hope so.

Also, for any BL, if you see me online and want a scout, feel free to ask me. I'm not sure if it's something that I want to do every night, but I'm totally willing to try it quite a lot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    I do like a lot of the points raised, and having a second comms and organisational role would be a great help, taking the heat off of PL to make instant situational decisions. If one guy is getting the general lay of the land, the other can be organising the current fight. The second can then strategise the best move and suggest options to the other pl. The decision is made, and quick deployment happens.

I think this was the base of what you guys are saying? Obviously I dont want to repeat it in detail again, but if that is what you are getting at, it would definitely make me more up for platoon leading more often.

Personally, I dont want to lead stratgir based on the fact that I just could not live up to most of the more serious guys expectations, nor could I match the organisation of people such as esoteric.

Ill happily continue to lead smaller nights and casual stuff from time to time, because I do enjoy it, and this new system would make even standard nights more bareable for PLing. I dont enjoy having to type in chat the whole time in a shooter as it ruins the game for me, so i tend to avoid it, so if somebody who doesnt mind this role was to keep other groups and tactical awareness in check, it would really allow the main PL to just organise the ground forces on the current objective/s.

On another note, while I dont think we should force anybody into PL, I really think we should encourage at least one night a week where people that havent necessarily pled before step up and have a shot. People have voiced concerns with just letting people randomly lead, but I really see no better way for people to accustom themselves.

I know people sometimes do step up, but really we have been seeing a very finite number of our members try it. I mean, im not trying to offend anybody, because guys like Nick, Eso, Ride etc all do a fine job when they step up for regular nights too, but as I say, its really only a group of a few people who I see doing the role. If nobody else wants to, fair enough, but I really see the value in letting people volunteer at any time, or suggesting that people have a go, perhaps if they have SLed before.

We really need to get a bigger catalogue of people with the balloon leader role, so keep nominations coming guys.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

OK, so, Purple Giraffe and a nomination for Balloon Leader for BasicPauly, who seemed to do a pretty good job with the pick-up platoon last night.

Also Purple Giraffe to the new guy whose name temporarily escapes me, but seems a really good sport.

Also, we really need to hand out the Balloon Leader rank more. If someone has PLed, and you thought they did good, then please, come on here and nominate them. We bumped up a bunch more Giraffe Beacons last night, which is a start, but we really need those BLs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster
    OK, so, Purple Giraffe and a nomination for Balloon Leader for BasicPauly, who seemed to do a pretty good job with the pick-up platoon last night.
    Seconded! 10char

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Done
    (I think. There is a BasicPaul and a BasicPauly. BasicPauly is now BL. I'm assuming their both BasicPauls? In which case: which is your main? If not: did I promote the right one?)
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Yeah BasicPauly is the one he uses. A well deserved promotion might I say!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus NickWhite's Avatar
    Cross-posting this to here as it is a more relevent thread...

After seeing how last night went, i personally think the public platoon worked really well. With the exception of one or two squad members ghost capping, non outfit members generally stuck together and worked well as a group. I didnt use the in-game platoon comms, just the platoon chat, but even then people still managed to follow orders. Ridebird mentioned at one point during the night, and it's true after seeing it for myself: The public VS seem to appreciate the oppertunity to jump into a platoon lead by sombody giving them direction. Also, on the side, i noticed several members and leaders of allied outfits join...

I recieved quite a few praising /tells from random people in the platoon throughout the night, some asking how to join up... So far as i can tell, i've only seen proof that N4GATO made it through our forum link, website, mumble invite process. Which i agree with Ridebird, is a system we should certainly stick by. It's "Fool proof" you might say... :'X *pppfffffffffffffff*

I would certainly champion the use of a public platoon alongside our StratGir/SpecGir one/s tonight. Would anyone be willing to do that? It's literally the perfect PL experience for people who havnt PL yet but who have previously SL. Or for those who have and would like to do so some more... I have some advice for those that do: Communicate to them in platoon chat a lot (hopefully they will have that tab open) or better yet use the in-game platoon coms. DiG used the latter to great effect, as i witnessed in the past. Also, (unless we have the following, enticing setup) it may need a bit of momentum to fill up to a full strength platoon. So either expect it to snowball and to be moving people over from alpha a lot, or, expect it to only be a squad or two. Or more likely, a mixture of both throughout the evening. Such is PLing.

Just think though, if tonight, someone wanting to join an organised VS squad logs in and sees this pop up-

'[RPS] - Amerish - StratGir'

'[RPS] - Amerish
    - SpecGir'

'[RPS] - Amerish - Public Platoon 1, 2... etc'

-One could argue, they may want to get involved with the RPS action on Amerish.

It's 'purple propaganda' and 'Vanu advertisement' i guess. Miller VS can only really see whats going on (in terms of the bigger picture) using their UI: chat, join a squad tab, /orders and hud.

If the VS see there's a large, organised outfit push for another/any continent, and that they can join in, they might come and support us. Also, it shows all our Allies (before/when they go to join their platoons) where we are and what we're doing that evening. Furthermore, I guess it flashes our name up there doesnt it, fulfilling our personal RPS desire to be Miller's flagship VS outfit!
    Last edited by NickWhite; 21-02-2013 at 05:34 PM.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Still need a PL for Stratgir, so let's get that first imo. But yeah, a public platoon would be neat.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    Thanks for the kind words guys. BasicPauly is indeed the one I use, but they are both mine. BasicPaul is the account I have using the european launcher, Basicpauly is the SOE launcher.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I nominate Boriz for Balloon Lead. Good job tonight, herding 60+ peeps around on Esamir!

Seconded! A lot to handle on your first night, well done!

Thirded! 10char

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    My vote as well. And if we haven't already, Sampiceramos, too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    We need a few volounteers for being RPS comms officers that act as liasons with other outfits. Currently the known ones from us is me and MrEclectic. TheJGman - you seemed to like talking there today. Would you feel up for that?

What it entails is basically that you write smart stuff in leader and make sure people know your name. Talking to people directly is also often needed to organize. It also means you give orders with /order.

It can be extremely tiring to write to loads of people, and therefore we need a few of these. I also think we should look at using the TS server as I at least now feel I know quite a few outfit leaders and have talked extensively with them. The use case for this should just be like "RPS going to Arx Reserve" and not much else - and would save typing, cause typing suuuuuucks.
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node
    i'd volunteer. reasonably decent at liasing and expediting stuff ... it's what i usually do in games like these.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Yeah, I can do it when I'm on, if I'm in a position of power. I was mostly helping in tonight so that Nick could lead the public platoon and I could liaise without disrupting him. As it goes, I crashed at about half 9 - did we get Esamir in the end?