Page 24 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Rather take it here then the other thread.. Could you guys give me some feedback on my leadership?

I feel kinda like I've done some of the stuff Farnsworth said in the other thread (whining about people not being together/following orders etc). I also realized we haven't really talked about leadership in that way at all. It can be kind of hard to tell how you're actually doing and it's hard to know what to improve.
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Must stort my mic out so I can join in with the bravo nonsenses :3

Despite a danger of stating the obvious, it's no big secret that you're one of my favourite BLs to work under, especially as an SL because we seem to be on the same wavelength when it comes to goals and how to deal with the various situations. Other than that, communicating platoon-wide a bit more often has been the main thing that needed improvement and I believe that's something you mentioned you were going to look into. That's my take on it at any rate.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Rather take it here then the other thread.. Could you guys give me some feedback on my leadership?
    You do a very good job, overall, in my opinion. You are clear and decisive with orders, and you always announce whenever you'
    re speaking to the entire platoon on stratgir nights, something that I have shamelessly stolen from you! What I sometimes miss is, like Orius said, more info on what the rest of the platoon are doing on stratgir nights, outside of those, that's apparently not a problem. Otherwise, I agree with Orius, that you and I are not too dissimilar with regards to how we want to play the game, as far as I can tell.

One last point though; I'm not really sure that I agree completely with your idea that you can play the game and lead effectively the same time. It works most of the time, for sure, but there have been times when you have been surprised by changes to the state of the map and we've had to make a swift realignment of objectives for instance. I do that too, and keep working at doing better all the time. (I'll go write that post over at the get to know your leader thread as soon as I've collected my thoughts a bit...)

Overall, though, the message is "Keep up the good work!"

EDIT: I do not think I have yet SLd for you, so I cannot attest to that aspect of your leadership.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Well you know how I feel about you menacing the skies in that galaxy of yours but I've never had a problem with your leadership. Keep doing what you're doing ride.

Oh gawd im so tired i cant sleep...
    tell me a story will you? The obe about the purple giraffe

(zzzzzzz....)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    One last point though; I'm not really sure that I agree completely with your idea that you can play the game and lead effectively the same time. It works most of the time, for sure, but there have been times when you have been surprised by changes to the state of the map and we've had to make a swift realignment of objectives for instance. I do that too, and keep working at doing better all the time. (I'll go write that post over at the get to know your leader thread as soon as I've collected my thoughts a bit...)
    Yeah.. That has been happening a bit for sure. I've been looking more at the map lately though, but mostly to always make sure we have what we need around us/going forward. Then you check the rest as well. And I probably should spend more time thinking over such rash decisions, more often then not we aren't actually needed.

And yeah, I noticed tonight that CMaster spoke much more as PL and that it made it feel more connected. I'll try to do that more.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    We should be all set then!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Can't say I have had a bad experience playing under any of the BLs in the outfit. Some are better than others, but that's to be expected. About the worst time I've had in a platoon was some grinding battle and waiting for something to do for about five minutes. So big kudos to everyone who steps up to lead us.

Oi!
    When are you guys online tonight?
    ENTERTAIN ME!
    You need me again, sweet lips?
    Be my friend on Steam

Quote Originally Posted by madmoxxi View Post
    Oi!
    ENTERTAIN ME!
    Patience little one, patience.

In a less patronising tone, we generally start to amalgamate into the many giraffe headed hydra you know and have come to love from about 5-6pm, with a reasonably rapid influx (and outflux, as peoples fix of lasery pewpew reaches personally satisfactory blood levels) over the course of the evening. The beautifully camouflaged ensemble rumbles on, waxing and waning like some gibbous and eldritch terror from the darkness of the Old Ones days (But still looking very stylish on an illuminated dance floor), until the small hours of the morning.

@reverie & ridebird: no, it is absolutely necessary to play as well, otherwise there is a huge disconnect as to what is really happening and what you THINK is happening. I found that out on my first stratgir PLing. You just have to be a "regular" grunt, though.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

i dont know what happen to my smileys...
    Because i wanted to post:

Oi!
    ENTERTAIN ME!

Oh well... I have to eat something today before i start the game.
    "waxing and waning" - what?! xD hahaha!!
    Be my friend on Steam

I've have a lot of respect for all the folk who BL on any night, and especially for those who lead on a Thursday night. I'm really not sure parts of my leadership philosophy/ style are suitable to Stratgir ops, so kudos to all of those that can handle it. I know I would feel very isolated sitting alone in a channel with occasional interaction with SLs and even rarer interaction with grunts (no offence).

i dont know what happen to my smileys...
    Because i wanted to post:

Oi!
    ENTERTAIN ME!

Oh well... I have to eat something today before i start the game.
    "waxing and waning" - what?! xD hahaha!!
    "Waxing", "waning", and for that matter "gibbous" are rarely used words to describe states of the moon.

Waxing: the luminous area of the moon is increasing towards full moon.
    Waning: the luminous area of the moon is decreasing towards the dark of the moon.
    Gibbous: The state of the moon between half and full moon.

Yeah, I want to apologise to everyone bout yesterday. I was seriously out of it, after I got off, it felt like I drove from bavaria to vienna. SLing all day should be done with care, not like me.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    "Waxing", "waning", and for that matter "gibbous" are rarely used words to describe states of the moon.

Waxing: the luminous area of the moon is increasing towards full moon.
    Waning: the luminous area of the moon is decreasing towards the dark of the moon.
    Gibbous: The state of the moon between half and full moon.
    AHA! I though you meant a bikiniwaxing
    or not. but it was funny teehee
    Be my friend on Steam

AHA! I though you meant a bikiniwaxing
    or not. but it was funny teehee
    Bikini Waxing. Hmmmm. As a stereotypical "reddish-blooded" male I have to object to that. A bikini that grows day by day kind of defeats the point.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    "reddish-blooded" male
    Rosé blooded male?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Rosé blooded male?
    New favourite phrase found.
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"