Page 63 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1385
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    A purple giraffe for CoffeeTable for his efforts platoon-leading this evening; after a brief "let's go pick a fight" on Indar, he stayed once the alert was called and steered us through a number of heavy engagements (and to what felt like an RPS-led victory in the alert). All SLs did a great job as well. Yay Vanu!
    Image!

Post an image (preferably of a purple giraffe...) or it doesn't count. Well, at least it doesn't count for when I update the website's record of PG awards.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Updated the roster on the website with March / April Purple Giraffes
    Just FYI, I have a beacon and will travel
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

Activated Node
    Good stuff tonight, with the quality leadership we had the RPS machine was well oiled.

Yesterday was really great. I was in Bravo Squad and there was good team play; people called out targets and directions really well, and there was also great banter (as well as singing during a transit in a sundy). An especially memorable moment was our MAX attack on C at Camp Connery after the base nearly got taken. Was my first time in a MAX and boy it was cool to charge up those stairs and wipe the floor with the enemy.
    "Time is a companion, travelling with us on the journey of life, to remind us to cherish each moment as it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived."

Quote Originally Posted by Frengler View Post
    Yesterday was really great. I was in Bravo Squad and there was good team play; people called out targets and directions really well, and there was also great banter (as well as singing during a transit in a sundy). An especially memorable moment was our MAX attack on C at Camp Connery after the base nearly got taken. Was my first time in a MAX and boy it was cool to charge up those stairs and wipe the floor with the enemy.
    Seconded, great fun with Bravo yesterday, our MAX charge against the NC was most glorious indeed! It was a fantastic defence of Indar by all the VS.

I would also extend kudos to coffeetable for his excellent lead after we folded all squads back into the same Mumble channel. As PL he gave clear and concise orders to each individual squad. He gave the impression that he knew what he wanted and what he was doing and people seemed to respond very well to that
    "Time is a companion, travelling with us on the journey of life, to remind us to cherish each moment as it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah, Coffeetable sets a very good example for single-comms platoon leaders. We only need to work a bit on our squad-play, so that sticking together and working for squad-specific objectives becomes a natural thing, even in single-channel comms. One channel should not need to mean one herd, and Coffeetable's and some other PLs' attempts at achiving this are much appreciated!

I just joined you guys yesterday and was well impressed by coffeetable's leadership during the Indar alert, he knew what he was doing and what he wanted us to accomplish and managed to organize us while remaining very relaxed, something that I find most other platoon leaders (that I have seen) to lack. By far the best platoon experience I've had so far in the game

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Remember, give cfftable a purple giraffe but you have to find an image with a preferably purple giraffe on it and post.

Quote Originally Posted by BestAsbestos View Post
    I just joined you guys yesterday and was well impressed by coffeetable's leadership during the Indar alert, he knew what he was doing and what he wanted us to accomplish and managed to organize us while remaining very relaxed, something that I find most other platoon leaders (that I have seen) to lack. By far the best platoon experience I've had so far in the game
    Yeah, hey, welcome aboard! Hope you'll like it.

Activated Node
    Last nights defence of Quartz Ridge after the NC took Hvar was brilliant. Holding off their zerg for what felt like forever until they gave up, running round as a Shotgun toting medic was fun. Logged after the charge up to the Hvar outpost though. Did we take Hvar back?

Network Hub
    Yesterday was fantastic, breaking the warpgate camp without losing the lock felt SO good when it finally came. I don't think it would be exagerating too much to claim that the sequence of skirmishing strikes we made whilst the line was held at Camp Connery played one of the biggest parts in the defence succeeding.

Excellent platoon and squad leading all round as well - some really rapid orders shifting and very sneaky sqaud beacon placement.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Yeah, hey, welcome aboard! Hope you'll like it.
    Thanks, got an excellent first impression, that's for sure

And here's a purple giraffe for coffeetable too : click meh

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by BestAsbestos View Post
    Thanks, got an excellent first impression, that's for sure

And here's a purple giraffe for coffeetable too :

Fixed blah blah 10/char

Network Hub
    Aww, cheers guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki_MGF View Post
    Last nights defence of Quartz Ridge after the NC took Hvar was brilliant. Holding off their zerg for what felt like forever until they gave up, running round as a Shotgun toting medic was fun. Logged after the charge up to the Hvar outpost though. Did we take Hvar back?
    Our platoon went east after NS Secure Data, but some other VS squads took Hvar and - surprisingly - managed to hold it to the end of the alert. We finished with 41% of the territory.

Cooper mentioned, and I fully agree, that we need to do more debriefings.

We have done this after Strat Thursdays a couple of times, always on my initiative (unless this has happened on one of the occasions that I missed and I just haven't heard of it), and it was generally well received both times. We went over the events of the night, and any lessons learned were shared between those who participated. In my opinion, this should not be limited to Strategic Thursdays, but should preferably happen after any night when there has been any attempt at playing "well", rather than "relaxed". If we make it a habit to do this regularly, I think we will see a rapid improvement in the general awareness of what "good tactical play" is, and it will strengthen both our group play and our sense of community.

Not everyone need to attend debriefings, but anyone who is interested in leading in any capacity, or who just wants to be in on the discussion anyway, definitely should. And we are going to need people to start calling out for debriefings, preferably announced in advance, maybe after a set goal has been achieved, such as taking a certain facility or pushing off a heavy attack.

We could set up a fixed, short, agenda that we always follow, so that the PL, or whoever leads the debriefing, does not need to think of what to discuss. I can arrange that, if need be.

Made some additions to the Supreme Giraffe Guide.

that might be impossible though. stratgir goes on long enough as it is, I cant stay any longer than that.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Then strratgir needs to stop earlier if you're the PL. Set a cut-off time when you need to go and do the debrief then. The rest can continuie after that with a new PL. Stratgir shouldn't run until midnight anyway, it's not good for anyone involved.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    We might want to try to ensure that stratgir does not go on too long by having a set end as well as start. I know that Cooper has been pushing for it on our ops, and I think it's a good idea. Especially for ops that might be a bit more demanding. It is easier to take on, for example, RO if you know it will be for two hours and not "until I we stop playing with squad comms and/or I have to leave).

well either way. my cutoff time is usually 22/23h UK/EU time, cause then I have to either do something else or drive home from my office.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."