Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Balloon leader should totally be a rank in the RPS outfit.

Network Hub
    only vaguely related but... if anyone watched episode 1 of Africa (on BBC 1 last night) I'll bet they have a whole new view on violent giraffes, that was one epic battle.

Thanks everyone for taking me along for a ride. I had quite some fun, although I am still pretty confused and will have to look up some basic guides for getting stuff done. Hope to see you around a bit more often in the future!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    If anyone for some reason was recording when I killed that lightning with my gal - please upload this somewhere. Probably my greatest moment in this game

I wish I did, that was straight up brilliant flying.

Obscure Node
    Thanks for putting up with me last night, as an actual first-night noob I was a bit out of my depth but had fun anyway - lots of "go to the west satellite!" - "go to the wha - oh, follow that lot!" moments for me.

I'm definitely going to persevere, although maybe not tonight. I didn't actually go to sleep last night, I left PS for about an hour to do some ironing and eat (RL sucks), then went straight back on again and stopped at 7 in the morning. Feel like crap now though, it's been a long time since I did a gaming all-nighter. I had the game on one monitor and some youtube flying tutorials and weapon reviews on the other, proper geeking out.

Ended up buying some bits n bobs with the SC I bought during the offer the other week, got a 2nd burster for the Max, A2G rockets for the Scythe and other assorted gubbins, including the AI cannon for the Lib which was handily on offer. I'm still shit though. I had a lot of fun flying about in safe territory, getting the hang of it a bit. I think I'm going to practice A2G support with the Scythe, I might be more use as my twitch skills aren't up to much yet. That, and engineer for when I'm on the deck.

Anyway, thanks again, see you again!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Hey, welcome aboard! Noobs are always welcome.

Obscure Node
    Good to hear! At about 0330 this morning, I wandered up to my squad leader, who was protecting a shield generator, and emptied a clip into him, convinced he was just a dozy enemy.

He wasn't so welcoming :-) Note to self, this game will still be there tomorrow.

the 150 cannon for the lib is amazing, though.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyferrino View Post
    Good to hear! At about 0330 this morning, I wandered up to my squad leader, who was protecting a shield generator, and emptied a clip into him, convinced he was just a dozy enemy.
    Giraffe camo?

Obscure Node
    Probably - he looked a bit yellow rather than purple so I thought he was NC :-)

Please tell me it wasn't you!

Don't feel too guilty Tony, giraffe camo is very easily mistaken for NC colours. Helps us when it comes to fighting the NC, but hinders us as its all too easy to shoot your fellow squadmate in the face! Trust RPS to pick the most garish and confusing camo available

However it is good to see that more and more of the outfit are adopting it now!

Yeah, its a very stylish camo. I love it, especially dont see many other players use it.

Cooper! Can you get back to me on the vanu alliance thing? Even if its just to tell me to fuck off.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Wanted to say a thanks to all those who were under my lead last night. Despite the odds, despite the complete lack of brains on behalf of friendly leaders insistent on continent locking somewhere we already had with overwhelming numbers, we tried our best to hold ground and we did it well. Good work, you know who you are.