Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Stream recording is up now, all four hours of it! Same Youtube link as above: http://youtu.be/9V9ozNkzYIM

We start showing up as air about 43 minutes in. There's some criticising of the internal organization in the alliance at 47:15 followed by "Cheers from the giraffes in RPS" . I also do the most ineffectual Scythe ramming attempt ever at 0:54:50. You'd think they'd start realizing by then that someone was listening in but it took more than an extra half hour before they cut to commercials.

1:29:40 and a minute onwards is gold though!
    - Only the VS are dirty enough to use that!
    - Fucking ghosting bastards!
    - Intelligent.
    - ... Intelligent but dirty.
    Last edited by Jickelsen; 13-01-2013 at 02:49 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Those twitch TV videos:
    Start here @ about 1 hour 14 in to see some [RPS] scythes get shot at:
    http://www.twitch.tv/sankakugames/b/356400069
    @ 1hr 20 Jicklesen's Mag blows up...
    @ about 1hr 29 Kalezin is referred to as a "camping faggot". You killed him.

Also, just after that: They work out they're fighting TVA. Because I start taunting them on their YouTube stream.
    "It's not a zerg it's ana organised alliance"
    Hah!
    At that point they decide to start a 15 minute delay. We get referred to as "intelligent but dirty"

Then they move to this stream, recorded here:
    http://www.twitch.tv/sankakugames/b/356433383
    The bit worth wtaching is at 11 minutes in: That's the fairly impressive multiple Gal drop they pulled on us at QR

Just before 13 mins Cretzal gets the guy streaming
    Twice

There are a fair few [RPS] cameos from about 14 minutes onwards
    Until Kalezin killls the streamer.
    Again

This is when we start to lose QR. Grible goes down at about 22 mins in, just as QR is capped.

They then join the goons @ NS data labs whilst we were at Hvar

From about 28 mins onwards there area few more [RPS] cameos. I saw Cretzal go boom @ 29 mins

He Kill squirrell @ 32 mins.

Afetr that, the stream moves to Alaltum.

Eventually they move back. Slikire kills the streaming guy @ 1 hr 6

@ 1 hr 10 they recall to Wg and sync drop on Allatum to fight off the TR. Except this means they just end up getting cut off from their WG.

And that's it for [RPS] cameos; after that they give up, fight the NC and eventually bail to Amerish
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Finally calling it a night. Thanks everyone for much excitement, abject terror, and above all, making the Terrans look bad. Healing a bajillion infantry, watching a platoon of MAXes go down in one shot, losing count of how many gunships I shot down, and finally unlocking a halfway decent sniper rifle and getting a feel for its drop just in time to nearly be halfway competent for almost several minutes.

I should probably apologise for my cackling every time I shot someone, too, but I'm only going to end up doing it again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jickelsen View Post
    1:29:40 and a minute onwards is gold though!
    - Only the VS are dirty enough to use that!
    - Fucking ghosting bastards!
    - Intelligent.
    - ... Intelligent but dirty.
    Why, thank you for the compliment!

It's really starting to sink in that we were part of something huge tonight, perhaps historic in the short history of Planetside 2. People started noticing that Miller was suddenly as busy as in launch week, and there's some early after action discussion in the Reddit thread highlighting this.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...as_during_the/

nitramlondon -3 points 1 hour ago
    I enjoyed your failed attempt at hvar earlier, the Vanu zerg destroyed you then steam rolled to Allatum, was so funny.

GOONTheRealNaughtyMe 2 points 29 minutes ago
    Hey, it was the first attempt of inter-outfit cooperation; there were bound to be some difficulties.
    There were certainly some mistakes, but it was the first try at such a method. It is a learning experience and was a worthy attempt.
    The TR have to be commended for at least trying this out; I haven't seen anything similar from NC or VS.
    I'm pretty certain that the outcome of the debriefing between outfit leaders will be a better appreciation and cooperation of and with other outfits; which is pretty rewarding in itself. It can only mean improvements on future attempts...and then I'm pretty certain there will be a much more favourable outcome.
    Last edited by Jickelsen; 14-01-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Pffft. Nothing dirty about it. You broadcast what you're about to do in public, and say you're going to take over the continent... well, come on. I loathe metagaming, but that's pretty much an open invitation.

http://www.twitch.tv/sankakugames/b/356433383

I feel the guy at 37:19 epitomises the Terran infiltrator.

It's a pity the logos and that obscure the kill/death readouts. That's half the fun of a large stream, surely, spotting people you know getting repeatedly splattered all over the walls. I am pretty sure I was outwitted by the floor at least three times in a row. Was anyone recording from our side? That would be a laugh.

"Intelligent but dirty" is going on my next set of business cards.

Typical. I play virtually all day all week except today and there's giant battles all over the place. Sad giraffe.

Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    Typical. I play virtually all day all week except today and there's giant battles all over the place. Sad giraffe.
    Don't look at it like that. It is the start of something greater. Cooper left some pretty scything remarks in youtube. I believe that the Vanu Accord will receive a formal challenge shortly, and that will be quite a show.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 13-01-2013 at 04:01 AM.

you mean, like a slap of a glove to the face?

purpleGAFFES.jpg
    For Mr Cooper. I had fun.
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 13-01-2013 at 11:49 AM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Ugh double post sorry
    Last edited by Jickelsen; 14-01-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Obscure Node
    Morning guys, can anyone ok my access to the member forum on RockPlanetShotgun? Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by tonyferrino View Post
    Morning guys, can anyone ok my access to the member forum on RockPlanetShotgun? Cheers!
    yeah, it took some time for us too. Grible or nubbs has to do it.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Don't be evil (skip to 40 secs in for giraffe-iness)
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    I have to say, im never usually sold on the idea of ranks, as it does usually promote a kind of ego-fest. That said, I like the way this system is going, as its not so much an indication of "look at me" as an indication of "hey, im willing to do this job".

I think the problem ranking systems have, is that people are usually strict with who is what, generally ending up being a bit of a mess. As stated, im generally willing to fill in the position of squad lead and have now unlocked my beacon (again), so ill be looking forward to taking some people under my galaxy wing soon (though I am yet to think of a suitable name for her?).

So far i think everybody has been nominated that ive seen PL so far, so im glad to see they are being recognised in this small way.

Lastly, the following purple giraffe awesomeness award goes to two people:
    -Cooper for his inspired squad of 1 man galaxies, taking it to the enemy nose dive style.
    -JG man for his no nonsense attitude to us questioning his suicidal sundy and flash tactics against all odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jickelsen View Post
    It's really starting to sink in that we were part of something huge tonight, perhaps historic in the short history of Planetside 2. People started noticing that Miller was suddenly as busy as in launch week, and there's some early after action discussion in the Reddit thread highlighting this.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...as_during_the/
    Huh, sorry, I missed this somehow when you posted it.

We were not a zerg at Allatum! We were properly organised, with heavy skirmishing for Coradum (or whatever it's called), and leaving me behind as a warning system/spotter for Allatum while the rest of the giraffes consolidated elsewhere. We started a sly push for Allatum and some randoms joined. Zerg, indeed. Hmph.

Was bloody good fun, though. Suddenly getting into the zone for a weapon is such a great feeling.

Fair play to the TR guys there, too. They got a bloody nose, sure, but they took it well, and that "hey, first time, it was a learning experience" attitude is pretty cool. The NC are going to really have to step up their game on Miller if they're going to keep up.

As for ranks, I want to say thanks to the people who've been leading. I would offer to pitch in there, but I'm just too prone to wandering off alone or with randoms after a target of opportunity, and tend to lose track of the team far too easily. And I'd be doing things like ordering a 50 light assault charge on a single tank, just to see what happened.
    Last edited by sinister agent; 18-01-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Could we try running organized comms on just regular nights (not wednesdays) as well? Kinda having a hard time judging wether people in general wants this or not. I just think it's so much better/promotes teamplay/friendship.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    That could work well, the only downside being if someone is on for a bit of fun and ends up in a squad were nobody is talking he might not enjoy himself as much.

Also at what point does it become more of an advantage to have organised comms? How many players or squads?

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Could we try running organized comms on just regular nights (not wednesdays) as well? Kinda having a hard time judging wether people in general wants this or not. I just think it's so much better/promotes teamplay/friendship.
    Well, we could run them in parallel, as we've done in the past on a couple of occasions. Especially on Wednesdays, when we have almost a platoon and a half worth of giraffes online. I guess that must be chaos for BLs/SLs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Regarding comms, then only bad thing about splitting up into channels by squad is that I never seem to get an understanding of what the other three squads in the platoon are up to. I know this is not a fault in the system itself, as much as an oversight perhaps on the part of squad leaders, but I also think it can be tricky to remember that not all of your sqad members have heard the chat on leader channels.On the other hand, sitting 50 people in one channel tends to make for a lot of chatter and makes it difficult to coordinate anything at all, frankly. I'm all for using organized comms even outside of stategic thursdays, but we might not need to split into 4 channels, maybe 24 man channels will do? And those who don't mind can just stay in the main channel.

We could give it a try some time, on a whim, if we should feel that comms are a bit too crazy, maybe?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    There needs to be space for idiocy and arseing about and mocking Grible, otherwise you take the fun out of the whole thing. I'm not saying we should have chaos and anarchy, human sacfrice, dogs and cats living together, or mass hysteria - but neither should it always be regimented and sensible like Thursdays otherwise you'll likely get fewer people.