Threaded View

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    On the one hand, I know that naming people is considered impolite. But on the other hand, I have no idea if any of the suggestions in this thread relate to me because I'm not being named.

I don't presume to speak for everyone, but if any of this is about me I'd love to see my name being mentioned.

I hope it's clear that while I am quoting Ridebird's post I only do so to illustrate the general feeling I want to quote and that I'm not specifically talking to or about Ridebird.
    I like your ordering style. In fact you are among those leaders, as well as Ridebird, Laldy, Grible and others, who alter your tone and raise your voice, so it becomes even more apparent when you are discussing things or just chatting, and when you are actually issuing an order.

And now that I come to think of it, this is one more reason to do that: by altering the tone and volume of your voice, you convey even more information than what is just being said.

As for naming, well, yes, that word is sometimes followed by "... and shaming", so I can see the association and hesitation some may have. But addressing someone specific and discussing things in a constructive and polite manner is a different thing, IMHO.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 10-04-2013 at 02:54 PM.