Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 195967686970 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1385
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    I think Jacquar = Jakkar.
    That's right (and i confirm he is great as SL/PL)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I'd like to second the nomination for LordKiwi - a fine performance on a number of occassions including alerts. I also support the others nominate above but they've already been promoted so no need for an 'official' second-ing.

Also, I'd like to nominate the following:

Dewisant (may already be a BL but the roster on the outfit website shows him as a beacon as well)
    Eclectic (fairly sure he is a BL but I've only got the outfit website to go off whilst at work)
    Oak (he doesn't read the forums but fairly often leads the platoon in a nice relaxed style)
    Hippymaster (not seen him online in a couple of weeks but he's successfully lead a few times)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I'm pretty certain LordKiwi was nominated last night when I was on Mumble and I did it then, will check later though.

Dewi and Eclectic are BLs.

I'm happy to second Oak myself, but I've never played with Hippymaster as PL. So, sticking to format, that nomination will need someone second.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    So is there any way to join the outfit without having to join a voice chat of any kind? I'm ZephroC on Miller.

OK joined the channel but no mic on my desktop so I just typed stuff ¬_¬

Quote Originally Posted by Zephro View Post
    So is there any way to join the outfit without having to join a voice chat of any kind? I'm ZephroC on Miller.
    The short answer is No

The long answer is our only requirement for recruiting is "figure out this Mumble thing by yourself, once you get in the channel we will add you to the outfit". If you don't have a mic, it's not a problem, join and use ingame text chat (not Mumble text chat) when you want to communicate. The problems come when people aren't in the channel, and can't hear the orders from the squad/platoon leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksempac View Post
    The short answer is No

The long answer is our only requirement for recruiting is "figure out this Mumble thing by yourself, once you get in the channel we will add you to the outfit". If you don't have a mic, it's not a problem, join and use ingame text chat (not Mumble text chat) when you want to communicate. The problems come when people aren't in the channel, and can't hear the orders from the squad/platoon leaders.
    I joined the channel on mumble and typed some stuff but I wasn't sure if anyone looked at it... I joined the mumble Vanu Miller channel as Zephro.

I have a total phobia of phone calls/mics etc. But I figured I can run around following beacons, or being a medic and just healing people without one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    We only need you to listen, no one has to speak out unless they want to.

Your best bet is to try sending whispers in game. These are done by typing "/t [character name] [your shisper]". e,g: "/t Cooper Can I get an outfit invite please, I'm in Mumble but not using a mic".

Your best bet is to send this to whoever is giving orders in the Mumble channel when there's a lull in the action.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Doing that, just trying to work out what people's PLanetSide names are currently ¬_¬

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Hehe, that can be tricky. Hope you got your invite sorted!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, we should probably continue to enforce having same mumble name as in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizlar View Post
    Yeah, we should probably continue to enforce having same mumble name as in-game.
    Some of us are a bit boneheaded on that account. Still no way to change either my Mumble name, short of a new account, and categorically a no on changing character names in PS2.

Also, I saw ZephroC online in the platoon last night, glad you got it sorted, and thanks for digging out a mic! Always nice to have more peeps to talk to/die with.

Is it hard to change your mumble username? I thought you could just right click-> edit (Unless there's some registering/authenticaltion thing that prevents it)?

If you're in mumble, you just need to disconnect, then right click on the RPS server and select edit. You should see the box that appeared when you added it to the server list when you first joined and in there you can change your name
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

Before you connect to the mumble server, right click on Rock Paper Shotgun! and select 'edit'.

Now amend your username so it matches up with your PS2 character name.

Click 'ok' and connect.

People still havnt done this and it's been ages... Spread the word and stop the confusion.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Ah right, I was digging through the config like a cocaine addled mole. Thanks guys!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    Disclaimer: Something happened in mumble during a relatively quiet moment at some point in the past that I have deliberately waited a little while before posting about because I don't want this to become a personal thing, it's not. All identities have been protected, if you can guess who I mean please do not name names. I don't think anyone in the following anecdote was being stupid but I think it was thought provoking and needs discussing.

What happened: we were talking about who was going to be PL and Giraffe 1 says "how about Giraffe 2?". Giraffe 2 replies "No, if you make me PL I'll log off. Giraffe 3 never has to be PL even though Giraffe 3 has sufficient experience". I don't think I've ever seen Giraffe 3 be a PL either, in case that's relevant.

What I think needs to be resolved: we often struggle to find PLs and, as the above demonstrated, it can be a flashpoint, cause stress and potentially lead to recriminations. I have a few questions:

Do we need a system of some kind to take the bother out of finding a new PL each time one steps down?
    Do we need a default option in the event that no one wants to PL?
    How proactive can/should we be about getting new people to be PL? (including giving them proper mentoring and support)
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Obscure Node
    If you are a Balloon Leader you should always be able to take PL if needed (even if it wasn't your plan to begin with). I thought that was the point of the rank?

I do not think so, though I'm not Balloon Leader.
    Everyone has the right to not be in the right mood for leading. But you can address Balloon Leaders / Girofficers directly and ask if they could lead, even if they didn't step up when you asked before.

Network Hub
    PLs who are forced into the position should have the option of just setting a waypoint and going on with their business. They shouldn't feel obligated to play in a way that they don't want to. One waypoint to direct us to a new target is all that we really NEED in these cases. I think we can safely require a waypoint update from ANY member of the outfit if they're called upon. Any talking or orders on the PL's part are considered Extra Credit if they didn't ask for the position.

EDIT: If this isn't working out for some member of the platoon and they want to step up and be more active than a reluctant PL they are of course welcome to ask to be a replacement at any time.
    Last edited by darkweeble; 20-07-2013 at 02:03 PM.