Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    This is why we play planetside2, night fighting on the tundra with shells and tracers raining everywhere. Only thing missing in that video is a proper infantry charge =)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Thank you dewi

Err I have no access to the website - it's all on Nubbs.

Also - I'm mildly concerned that the reasons being put forward for group comms are for mocking me! We could just go to squad chat, it works better - I'll get my own channel (#abuse) and you can just set up a special mock button?

Aso - Why this stuff only happen to Grible..?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=122037609
    Last edited by Grible; 22-01-2013 at 12:23 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Are you perhaps not a Scot but an inventive yet unfortunate coyote living in the Mojave desert?

wile-e-coyote.jpg

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Bumping this, because I'm sure somebody deserves a purple giraffe over the past week or so, and people are having outfit discussion in the StratGir and Purple Weds threads.

JG deserves a giraffe for ramming ESF's with Galaxies. I'm at work tho so cant actually post a picture of a giraffe. But still, the sentiment is there

Purple Giraffe for Cortosis for organising a Lib swarm to counter the lock-on death squad that was making the game a little dull for us.
    115115316_-sanders-creations---cute-purple-giraffe-cartoon-art-.jpg

Purple giraffe to everyone on friday, from esoteric holding the balloon excellently, to the amazing MAX crashing of TR-zerged biolabs (best engineers ever!) as well as everyone who kicked butt in the challenge and cooper for making that possible by organising across the continent. That was an amazing day.

l.jpg

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    I think in terms of squad organisation and PL job, I can see where people are coming from when they say that sometimes they are jumped about from place to place. sometimes it just works out that when we arrive, the base is locked down, so a quick redirect is needed, but handling a whole platoon means that the PL may not be able to react quickly.

What is REALLY needed imo, is a way to set platoon objectives for specific squads, so that the sl and squad know where they are going, but then the sl can use his beacon to point to how the squad is going to approach the base where the, for example, bravo PL beacon is set. This would really help in my opinion, and would save a lot of confusion.

On top of this, it allows SLs to know where they are going in general, but that they could also decide how they approach for themselves. Currently SLs rely on PL order, and do not deviate at all, however it would be much more effective if, say, SLs were given a general direction to head in until told otherwise, and worked their way from small base to small base until objective is met, at which point if no new orders had already come in to redirect to a more urgent objective, this squad could move off to a new one.

In general, if we think about it from a real world tactics point of view, aside from general orders, a squad would probably move of their own free will toward an objective, and make tactical decisions on what to do on their own, perhaps sometimes asking pl if the move is a valid one, until told otherwise?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    another case of the overactive spam system.
    Last edited by BasicPauly; 01-02-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    purple-giraffe-meme-generator-purple-giraffe-records-d70ad8.jpeg?1346962147.jpg

This is for everyone who defended Tawrich Ampstation on Esamir tonight, that was an impressive hold against a superior NC force! I hope I didn't make the defense harder with my silly commands

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Impropmtu platoon photos

Gonna try and get a Purple Wednesday photo soon
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

I look rather menacing running towards you in the second picture, but i assure you i have only the best intentions.

I fucking missed the entire xp weekend. D:

and welcome to the boards, mind.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Thank you! and yeah you really missed out, getting 1000+ exp for shooting down a galaxy never gets old

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Nor did the ~400 XP streak stop bonuses. Not to twist the proverbial knife, but it does feel nice. Wouldn't feel this good if it was doupbe exp all the time, though. SO I rather like it the way it is, actually.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Apparently after a stupid amount of time without my interwebs should theoretically be restored tomorrow, though I have no doubt they'll cock it up somehow.

Anyways you may soon be seeing more of my god-awful driving skills.

we should meet up in ps2 in the mornings again, soup
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

The defence of the Tech Plant the name of which I can't remember was fantastic yesterday evening, No one ever expects a C4 from the sky.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Not allowed to post the link since this forum is broken, but search for Please use mineguard on your AMS sunderers on youtube. And please do!