Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Not allowed to post the link since this forum is broken, but search for Please use mineguard on your AMS sunderers on youtube. And please do!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Thank you. I can't seriously use the video function, dunno what's broke now.

To more precisely point out the reason to use mineguard: each level makes it take one more mine to kill you, starting from two without mineguard. Last level raises your tolerance by 2 mines.

Every man and his dog can pull a sunderer from virtually every single vehicle pad, so because they are so common and easy to get, I can't really justify prioritising that many certs for my sundy. Not when there's more pressing things to stuff certs into. Eventually I might, though.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just one level of mine-guard would help though because suddenly a single engineer with lvl 1 tank mines cannot kill you.

I suppose I just naturally assume that any worthwhile engineer has them certed fully...

Obscure Node
    I love my sundy dearly, will starting certing these ASAP!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yes which means they spent quite a few certs to get it. But making the sundie survive 4 mines is actually extremley important since i think 4 mines is all you can get down before they detonate. Meaning the engineer should not be able to kill you in the first go no matter how many mines he have.

Network Hub
    the only problem with this is that Ammo bearing sunderers seem to be pretty rare these days.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Yargh View Post
    the only problem with this is that Ammo bearing sunderers seem to be pretty rare these days.
    Indeed, I pretty much always run with ammo sundie. Unless I am the only one available to provide a sundie for a base attack. But then again i only got 1 rank on the mineguard so.

Would anyone be willing to conduct a boot camp some night, maybe an hour before the "official" operation begins?

I'm determined to learn this game, but my progress is incredibly slow. Since I'm pretty average, I assume there are others like me, who would benefit from some basic infantry training.

It's frustrating to be in a game and not be able to be much use to the squad/outfit, but one way or the other I intend to learn. I'm just not sure where to start. It's an awesome group that's online about 8-8:30pm (1-1:30pm my time) and I'd really like to participate effectively.

I apologize if this is not the thread for this, but I don't yet have rights to start a thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I'm sure it's fine to ask here, what would you like such a boot-camp to contain? Being in mumble on a couple of the casual nights and just tagging along/asking questions when needed will get you far.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    If you hop in on muymble and say you are new someone can hop in a private channel with you and give you some directions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    If you hop in on muymble and say you are new someone can hop in a private channel with you and give you some directions.
    I'd recommend this. It's happened a few times.

If someone is new, please speak up and ask questions. Or type them into outfit chat. If you would like someone to 'show you the ropes' I can guarantee that if you ask, people will offer to provide a walkthrough.

Howeverwith the new patch incoming, we may see new players / returning players giving the game a go. If someone wants to offer to organise & run an hour or two of "new player orientation" soon after that patch, it would get a double thumbs up from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Nominate Nick (NickTheNegligent) for Baloon leader.

Seconded, good job on that tonight pal. Purple Giraffe thoroughly deserved!

Last edited by MitchK; 01-02-2013 at 08:42 AM.

I wouldn't mind leading a "newb squad" at some time. Just hook up with me whenever I'm online.

I vote we remind people that the only rule of RPS is to be excellent to everyone. No exceptions.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchK View Post
    Seconded, good job on that tonight pal. Purple Giraffe thoroughly deserved!

Can a BL give him the promotion, then?

Also: I gather Beacons cannot promote others to beacon. Is is the same with BLs? Can a BL see if they can promote Nick and get back to me.

Also: BLs. Keep promoting people to beacon. More regularly please.
    Anyone with a squad beacon and the willingness to SL should be promoted.

Also: second Quant. Keep being excellent everyone. This is a wonderful community we've grown here.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    I wouldn't mind leading a "newb squad" at some time. Just hook up with me whenever I'm online.
    Me neither.