Page 16 of 70 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Can a BL give him the promotion, then?

Also: I gather Beacons cannot promote others to beacon. Is is the same with BLs? Can a BL see if they can promote Nick and get back to me.

Also: BLs. Keep promoting people to beacon. More regularly please.
    Anyone with a squad beacon and the willingness to SL should be promoted.
    Nope, can't promote people to your own level apparently. I only made the recommendation on here after I tried to do it unilaterally last night and found that I couldn't.

As for beacons - I've gone to do it a few times to people I see showing willingness and initiative, but they always already have it.

I just found the ideal out of combat uniform!
    1359724386548.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    You've made my day with that! If ever the Giraffes meet up at the RPS socials these should be worn en masse!

A barge of giraffes for everyone who had complete faith in me Saturday night after I, upon returning home from the pub, decided suicide-ramming-C4-Sunderers were a great idea. I never did check if I had picked up any passengers while attaching the C4...

I also want to point out that suicide-ramming-C4-Sunderers ARE a great idea. Just lock the doors first.
    Last edited by Jickelsen; 04-02-2013 at 01:12 AM.

For not giving up on Indar tonight even in our darkest hour, only to push all the way back into TR heartland; you are all awesome and should feel awesome. Purple Giraffe Power!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Aye, pretty good night with all the pushing, and kudos to my 3-man crew for their awesome victory in our Sunderer-on-Sunderer hillwrestling match (we were slowly climbing up a hill only to have an enemy sundy fly over the top, followed by much panicked ramming on both sides, shooting of guns, and dropping of C4).

Also, Orius deserves love and/or several drinks for his tireless medic work - practically every other death I get "Orius is attempting to revive you".
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

Thanks man! (and yes please to drinks) I'm going to try those revive nades out soon as well to finally kit my medic out as much as possible, so look forward to even more of those revive requests in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    For not giving up on Indar tonight even in our darkest hour, only to push all the way back into TR heartland; you are all awesome and should feel awesome. Purple Giraffe Power!
    Yeah, that truly was our darkest hour. Giraffes all around for everyone who helped defend our homeland!

Obscure Node
    Is there any outfit leaders I could PM instead of Cooper, since he's so popular his PM box is full? I contacted a leader ingame a while ago but I don't think my message got relayed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishstick View Post
    Is there any outfit leaders I could PM instead of Cooper, since he's so popular his PM box is full? I contacted a leader ingame a while ago but I don't think my message got relayed.
    Anyone marked as "Baloon Leader" in game should do.

But for most things you want, you could just say them here.

If all you want is an invite, then pretty much anyone in the Outfit can give you that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Fishstick: Join mumble and ask. If you don't have a mic, you can /tell Ridebird, Orius, CMaster, QuantaCat, Grible, Boris, MrEclectic, EsotericReverie in-game and very likely one of us will be online.

Obscure Node
    Nah, it's not for an invite (I should've specified earlier), more for some kind of outfit collaboration (not merger) between RPS and BURP, the SomethingAwful EU branch. I sent a PM to ridebird with details now.
    Last edited by Fishstick; 04-02-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    We are active (for some definition of the term) in something called The Vanu Accord, a conglomeration of Vanu outfits on Miller. There's a teamspeak server for the Accord, and a few of our leaders are in sporadic contact with each other. I haven't joined the TS myself, so I don't really know how much it is utilised, but maybe this could be something?

Also, yes, collaboration, very good!

Obscure Node
    It's looking good. Perhaps your mumble schism between people who want more tactical stuff and people who want more freestyle stuff (which we also had) might be solved, because our guys love an underdog fight in useful positions but are also laidback. I'm sure we'll keep you updated!

More collaboration would be welcome, certainly noticed at the weekend that the NC seem to have got their capitalist lackey shit together. CONZ, DL, and WASP were frequently working together in a (failed) attempt to warpgate us on Indar.

Will talk to you on Steam later today Fishstick!

By the way, what I was lolling in chat about yesterday:

I was sort of disconnected from you guys since I wasn't listening very well and had no mic. During this time period I killed three sunderers completely alone, four MBTs, and broke the way for you guys in to Howling Pass.

It started at NS Refinery or what it's called (where the NC was coming from every direction), where I started just surfing down the slopes down to enemy sunderers and tankmining them. This is how I got my three sunderers and a shitton of kills.

What happened after this is the truly awesome shit though. I grabbed a HEAT lightning from NS Refinery or somewhere aroudn there and drove around a very curvy road going down the mountain to Howling Pass. All other VS apparently went the other way and I had no idea since I wasn't paying attention very well. What happened was that the main VS zerg met about three NC Vanguards that had them locked in the canyon, and I, driving the wrong way, came up behind all of them.

I shot one tank in the back three times and he didn't seem to know what was going on. Scratch one. I started shooting the other one and he backed off, not noticing me, and when he saw me it was too late. Scratch two. The third guy started driving around and firing after this, and I got him to half HP when he blew my lightning. I got out tho, and managed to tankmine him. Scratch three.

Since the tanks was gone, the VS now pushed through the canyon. I died at this point, but because I had placed a beacon on the road near Howling Pass, I could respawn. I saw several tanks inside Howling Pass waiting for the VS, so I ran up to the shield to taunt them and place mines. I then ran away and pretended like I didn't see/care about the tanks.

One MBT rolled out to kill me and drove over the mines I placed. Scratch four. This was when I wrote "hahahaha" because it was so hilarious that he actually fell for my trap.

After this I ran in to B on Howling pass, killed like five guys and then died. Then all of you broke through and I was no longer alone.

It was one of the best times I've had alone in this game, I gotta say, and I felt like a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    good story
    Sounds like an awesome run!

Most of my alone time in PS2 is as an engineer with a sundy, though. Defending a base alone against 3-4 continually respawning TR is heaps of fun.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Did something similar with AP Lightning last friday against the NC rabble we were fighting on Esamir. Nailed 2 Reavers 2 Sundies and 3 Vanguards in one life by going over the snow west of Jaegers Crossing/Fist and hitting them from the flank when they were fighting the main VS zerg on the road.

I really love that AP gun, too bad it only deals around 90-95% damage to a ESF but its a pure beast against sunderers and MBTs.

I guess the NC still has a way to go in terms of reacting to the battlefield then! That sounds amazing Ridebird.

By the way guys, once again, excellent work across the board yesterday. We didn't cap vast areas, but when we logged off, we had all of our home territory under control despite being underpopulated. It reminds me why I joined up with RPS and play this game. Be proud, giraffes. I know I am.
    Last edited by Orius; 05-02-2013 at 01:43 PM.