Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Great post, and I do think our current system is working - unless we start recruiting. And I fully agree that they should join via Mumble.
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    On the ranks thing, you could have a holding rank for new BL which gives all the same stuff as BL, but only serves to exist until you come online and promote them up one. Thus BL can upgrade others without having to worry about you being online and your job is as easy as seeing if any people are in the new rank and upgrading them :3

On the mumble&random invites thing, like I said, I invited mindburst without making sure he could get onto mumble. I dont know if making that sure is that important.

After all, we can still decide to end it all after a short while anyway. But ok.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    On the mumble&random invites thing, like I said, I invited mindburst without making sure he could get onto mumble. I dont know if making that sure is that important.
    I too have done that a few times. Now, for the most part that has turned out okay, but I still agree with Cooper (very good and thorough post, by the way!) et. al. that pointing people to rps.com and letting them figure out the Mumble stuff by themselves is a good gateway for weeding out the wannabes that don't have the energy to bother finding out what RPS is all about.

Also, me BL since long ago? Gosh, I should probably look at the outfit list a bit more often...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post

After all, we can still decide to end it all after a short while anyway. But ok.
    That worked out fine.

I'm just certain we've invited a lot of people who probably no longer play the game because they wondered why our platoons were always silent... If people are gonna join [RPS] we should be trying to get them to stay with the game. That'll only happen if they're part of the outfit, if only listening-in.

Getting people to ask for invite requests over Mumble is the easiest way of ensuring that. Being on Mumble is, if anything, more important for the person being invited than for the rest of us. We don't care if, maybe outside of Thursdays, if a couple of people are not on Mumble. But anyone not on Mumble will be really missing out. It really is not much to ask. Go to these forums, get details, get on Mumble and ask. It'll take 5-10 mins.

What would help are the "Outfit & Outings" and the Mumble details threads being stickied, but we've asked for that a few times now...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Lesser Hivemind Node
    wow, that guy sparked quite a discussion. i logged before it escalated, but it was pretty apparent that the guy wouldn't be a fit, even before he started with the insults. I should have kicked him right then and there; on that note, if we ever decide to recruit, we shouldn't be squeamish about swiftly kicking people that cause trouble (e.g., anyone that repeatedly TKs or people who insult/abuse) or are very young and/or annoying. stuff like that is inevitable, and we have been pretty lucky so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    That worked out fine.

I'm just certain we've invited a lot of people who probably no longer play the game because they wondered why our platoons were always silent... If people are gonna join [RPS] we should be trying to get them to stay with the game. That'll only happen if they're part of the outfit, if only listening-in.

Getting people to ask for invite requests over Mumble is the easiest way of ensuring that. Being on Mumble is, if anything, more important for the person being invited than for the rest of us. We don't care if, maybe outside of Thursdays, if a couple of people are not on Mumble. But anyone not on Mumble will be really missing out. It really is not much to ask. Go to these forums, get details, get on Mumble and ask. It'll take 5-10 mins.

What would help are the "Outfit & Outings" and the Mumble details threads being stickied, but we've asked for that a few times now...
    Im sortof community spokesperson on these boards, Ill mail jim about it.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Everyone!
    I just want to thank you all for being awesome giraffes. I actually drew this yesterday when I was at school.
    'Cause I was thinking about Planetside (very effective school day, not!) and you guys. School is sort of killing me right now, I have a Thesis/Essay lvl 9000 to write with a friend in 8 weeks and after that 10 weeks of practicaltraning at a Hospital (with a practical test). Doesn't sound too much ehy? But it is, I am suppose to remember everything I've learned the past 3 years of nurse-school and do a test on all of that in April. It is killing me, slowly...
    Attachment 2571
    So this one is for you all, because you make life abit easier for me right now.
    (especially Wardancer that has to live with me when I'm at my worst <3)
    (I know it is not purple and i know their is a quality protocol under it in Swedish)

And one more thing. I just got the job I wanted at a big hospital. I am so happy!!

Will you all be my Valentine today? <3

(seriously i have been writing on this all day long... finally got to post it!)

Everyone!
    I just want to thank you all for being awesome giraffes. I actually drew this yesterday when I was at school.
    'Cause I was thinking about Planetside (very effective school day, not!) and you guys. School is sort of killing me right now, I have a Thesis/Essay lvl 9000 to write with a friend in 8 weeks and after that 10 weeks of practicaltraning at a Hospital (with a practical test). Doesn't sound too much ehy? But it is, I am suppose to remember everything I've learned the past 3 years of nurse-school and do a test on all of that in April. It is killing me, slowly...
    image (19).jpg
    So this one is for you all, because you make life abit easier for me right now.
    (especially Wardancer that has to live with me when I'm at my worst <3)
    (I know it is not purple and i know their is a quality protocol under it in Swedish)

And one more thing. I just got the job I wanted at a big hospital. I am so happy!!

(seriously i have been writing on this all day long... finally got to post it!)

Quote Originally Posted by madmoxxi View Post
    Anytime! See you tonight? Valentine's date in my Sundy?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Valentine's date in my Sundy?
    Only if we get to fill up all 12 seats.
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

Congratulations on the job Moxxi! Doing the giraffes proud!

Sounds like a great idea

Quote Originally Posted by MitchK View Post
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by MitchK View Post
    Yeah, agreed!

Well done Moxxi!
    I've always found that a little note from an guild /clan /outfit /kinship /etc. member about something working out for them in RL gives me a little lift.

Congrats, soon you'll be bitching about patients constantly like every nurse I know. And make sure your tea-making skills are polished up, I've always found that nurses make the best cups of tea.

What time tonight is the date in the Sundy?? xD

heh, starting at 2030, I think.
    - Tom De Roeck.

What time tonight is the date in the Sundy?? xD
    At sex o'clock, GMT! (Glee-snatch Meat Thighs) I am seriously way too tired right now...

But seriously, thanks for the ride tonight! Had a great old time with Bravo squad, and later on, after some confusion, with the platoon lead. Not a terribly taxing task at that point as we were completely steamrollering anything and everything on Amerish, but fun nonetheless!