Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1385
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Yup, but now - dare! Please. If anyone gives you any shit for this, report the incident to EsotericReverie or WibbsterVan.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Frengler View Post
    As I said I'm personally more for being split into squads on Mumble but I am the not the kind of person who'd at the moment dare suggest it while we are actually on Mumble.
    Yeah, as much as I can understand people not wanting to speak up, this is one situation where that is really the only option. We can't help each other without communicating. You should at least feel confident that any suggestion won't just get shot down, we tend to be a very understanding bunch.

I'm usually more for the large mass of bodies setup, just because I find it slightly more social-casual, that said last night during all the craziness and the multi-pronged fighting hydgraf going on, I think that would have been a good time to split up, but at the same time, it was also a spontaneous rush to save things that didn't leave time to try and re-arrange...

I'll never shoot somebody down for wanting to split up comms.
    Planetside2: Noggachomp

On purple wednesdays, which is an event, the general blobchat should be utilized as that is now the day for that. That is why I do not play on wednesdays and that is fine. On other, non-event (sunday, tuesday, friday, saturday) days, use the compromise comms AT ALL TIMES and do not fear to remind PLs on that is how it should be done, and you have every right to run your own, smaller, squad and channel now. This is what I meant with being serious about catering to both playstyles - wanting to play more tactically and in a squad should no longer - ever - cause issues, sighs, general negativity or think we are hardcore or whatever.
    Find me on the Steams

Huge argument that is going on in the TVA forums now. It is quite sad to see people that are likely 10+ years my elder act like teenagers.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Huge argument that is going on in the TVA forums now. It is quite sad to see people that are likely 10+ years my elder act like teenagers.
    What are they arguing about?

On purple wednesdays, which is an event, the general blobchat should be utilized as that is now the day for that. That is why I do not play on wednesdays and that is fine. On other, non-event (sunday, tuesday, friday, saturday) days, use the compromise comms AT ALL TIMES and do not fear to remind PLs on that is how it should be done, and you have every right to run your own, smaller, squad and channel now. This is what I meant with being serious about catering to both playstyles - wanting to play more tactically and in a squad should no longer - ever - cause issues, sighs, general negativity or think we are hardcore or whatever.
    Could putting days into the channel names help direct people to the right groupings on the right days? People can see at a glance which channels to use on which days...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    What are they arguing about?
    Oh, you brave soul...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    Oh, you brave soul...
    My interest was aroused, hence I asked. How bad could it be? I've seen some pretty distresfull discussion between adults supposed to be running a tournament..

Good idea Rei. Have one channel that is Purple Wednesdays/Silly Mondays, one that is Strategic Thursdays.

Then Call to Arms when that is up (remove them otherwise) and the first one you see/enter/at the top is Compromise comms shaped out like this:

Platoon1
    AB
    platoon leader channel
    C
    radio giraffe channel
    D
    radio giraffel channel
    Find me on the Steams

Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    My interest was aroused, hence I asked. How bad could it be? I've seen some pretty distresfull discussion between adults supposed to be running a tournament..
    Hm, you may indeed be qualified. Well, as the saying goes in military service (it is mandatory here, and mostly a huge waste of time) "always appear willing, never appear capable". I'm afraid you just volunteered... Bwahahahaha (fiendish laughter)!

In all seriousness, I believe that you (and for that matter, most of our leaders) should join the TVA forums and TS3 server. Both to get a sense of the growing pains of the development of the PS2 metagame, and because I think RPS acts as a unifying force.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 11-04-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Good idea Rei. Have one channel that is Purple Wednesdays/Silly Mondays, one that is Strategic Thursdays.

Then Call to Arms when that is up (remove them otherwise) and the first one you see/enter/at the top is Compromise comms shaped out like this:

Platoon1
    AB
    platoon leader channel
    C
    radio giraffe channel
    D
    radio giraffel channel
    Awesome, now all we need is a breakdown of the recommended Shout/Whisper keybinds (what key speaks to what channels), then add it to main Mumble thread. That'll solve some setup woes

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    In all seriousness, I believe that you (and for that matter, most of our leaders) should join the TVA forums and TS3 server. Both to get a sense of the growing pains of the development of the PS2 metagame, and because I think RPS acts as a unifying force.
    You may be right, I have been on their TS multiple times, but activity was always lacking if not non existant. The forums I havent seen yet. I might just sign up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    What argument is this? Is there some forum I haven't got access to?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I just registered on the forum, but can only see the public threads. Guess a mod need to give me access to the other threads?

You can request access to some groups.

Network Hub
    The giantest purple giraffe evar for CMaster, for leading the monster that was Call to Arms 2:

Seconded!..

Hear hear!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Was just thinking of doing the same thing. Props to CMaster for dealing with the behemoth that was Call to Arms Mark 2.