Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1385
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    For CMaster for all his effort and having to command so many people and not just snapping and yelling moar dots moar dots at us

"Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Obscure Node
    Cmaster needs a supreme purple giraffe, PLs & SLs need purple Giraffes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Great job CMaster, dunno how you managed it so well.
    Find me on the Steams

I am in awe of the mental fortitude that must have required, truly. Fantastic work.

Activated Node
    Tonight was pretty epic. Our first big Galaxy run was awesome, I think we had 10 or 12 mostly full Galaxy hotdrop onto the same spot.

Tonight was superb, hats off to everyone who took part and some form of medal to CMaster who managed to keep his head from exploding!!! - Regards, PurpleSnow

glorious herd of mighty giraffes.jpg

To the SLs PLs and especially Cmaster; Purple giraffes all round!

Purple giraffes also for Hotel Squad who I bossed about for the night, thanks for making my first proper bash at SLing so easy, we had many newbies but we worked pretty well as a squad. I was impressed at the level of teamwork within our group, especially defending the western wall at Sungrey and our stint around the NC arsenal
    Apologies for the slow start to the night (I was still getting used to the position) but once it picked up I hope you all had a good time
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Thankyou CMaster. That was properly heroic.

If I ever get the chance, I will buy you many beers.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

I just saw this in yesterday's post on the main RPS site. It's over now? Will there be another one and if so when?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    Was just thinking of doing the same thing. Props to CMaster for dealing with the behemoth that was Call to Arms Mark 2.
    Call to Arms 2: Giraffe Stampede

It felt as if the first one was a successful indie movie, that caught the attention of Hollywood, and then pushed for a sequel: huge budget, huge cast, more locations, introduce more conflict and villains, have surprise twists, and all the special effects money can buy!

Also, a Special Purple Giraffe to both CMaster and later in the evening Dewisant, who put up with my tactical suggestions over comms.

"Uh, yes, MrEclectic, let's try that..."

And to the whole of Foxtrot squad for following me around all over the map and through every little mountain path and ravine.
    In this picture: Foxtrot squad stopping a TR armour column north of Ikanam Garrison.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 12-04-2013 at 06:30 AM.

And just so that it will be in record: what was our peak strength and up to which letter did we get? Someone here said thanks to November (sic!). That is 4 Platoons!
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 12-04-2013 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TechKnight View Post
    I just saw this in yesterday's post on the main RPS site. It's over now? Will there be another one and if so when?
    It is over, but keep visiting the forum and the main site. I'm pretty sure there will be one in the future. Although it may take a while (but not long!), since these are special events.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    Call to Arms 2: Giraffe Stampede

It felt as if the first one was a successful indie movie, that caught the attention of Hollywood, and then pushed for a sequel: huge budget, huge cast, more locations, introduce more conflict and villains, have surprise twists, and all the special effects money can buy!
    Logically speaking, the next one should then be; Call to Arms 3: Giraffes in spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    This particular evnrt is over, sadly, but you are very welcome to join us on any old night there's always a friendly bunch on playing. At around 7-8 UK time, we usually run around a full platoon of four 12-man squads. Maybe even more in the coming few days, if a decent percentage of all the new players from yesterday stick around.

note: I had fun, I hope you guys did too
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    If I ever get the chance, I will buy you many beers.
    This. Though that applies for most of our glorious 4 legged leaders.

It's over, but hop on any night, it makes the huge learning curve easier for crazy nights like last night.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    note: I had fun, I hope you guys did too
    Hell yes. RPS WAS the zerg....
    Planetside2: Noggachomp

Besides the well-deserved Purple Giraffes of Awesome that others and I have presented to various of our members and squads and especially to CMaster (once again, great job at that Sisyphean task), I made a post concerning multiplatoon operations in a new thread about strategic, operational and tactical discussion.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...cal-discussion

Please read it and discuss it. Also, let's try and use that thread to further discuss such matters, and keep this thread for awesomeness and general organisation, and the Mumble on for implementing Mumble setups of our structure.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 12-04-2013 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Cross-posted stuff, and later decided it's better to make a new thread

Lesser Hivemind Node
    When RPS is around "There is no Zerg, only RPS"

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    When RPS is around "There is no Zerg, only RPS"
    We are not a zerg as long as we are organised, we are more... protoss (zealot rush FTW!)