Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1385
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I had to log off a bit early yesterday, but when I left we were just shy of 200 people in the outfit. So yeah, great job everybody who organized this, I had great fun last night.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    I had a lot of fun being gal taxi though not many SLs used our service. Being air and later spec ops wasn't as cool since we were small and it was hard to get back into ground action, but worked. Taking over PL from Dewi was just very messy though and I was too tired and a bit sad since we had our largest op ever and I realized we hadn't really gained territory - rather we lost it. Sorry for my awful platoon leading anyway.

Did TVA work at all last night Cooper? It really seems like it didn't. Regardless we got destroyed by equal number tram, but yeah, most of them are br 50+.
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Purple giraffe for Silgidorn for being a really good RO when I took over SL for Esoteric.
    163340_Upside-Down-Purple-Giraffe_400.jpg

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    Purple giraffe for Silgidorn for being a really good RO when I took over SL for Esoteric.
    163340_Upside-Down-Purple-Giraffe_400.jpg
    Tank you! Purple giraffe to you too!

Network Hub
    Aight, so last night was hella impressive but on a personal level I find co-ordinated fights on that scale to be distinctly less fun than 1-3 squads tooling around as they please. So, quick question: would anyone have a problem with my running a casual platoon on organized nights, for people who don't want to deal with that stuff?

On one hand, it might draw forces away from the organized fight. On the other hand, the forces drawn away likely don't give a damn about the organized fight.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Sounds awesome, I need to get back into this again.

Should probably see what changes there've been.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by cfftble View Post
    Aight, so last night was hella impressive but on a personal level I find co-ordinated fights on that scale to be distinctly less fun than 1-3 squads tooling around as they please. So, quick question: would anyone have a problem with my running a casual platoon on organized nights, for people who don't want to deal with that stuff?

On one hand, it might draw forces away from the organized fight. On the other hand, the forces drawn away likely don't give a damn about the organized fight.

Well with the numbers last night it wouldn't really have been an issue to have a larger blob of people that wanna play more casual like. Especially if they tag along with the main "orders". But on a normal thursday people should try to stick to the squad based play because that is what the thursdays are for.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    I had a lot of fun being gal taxi though not many SLs used our service. Being air and later spec ops wasn't as cool since we were small and it was hard to get back into ground action, but worked. Taking over PL from Dewi was just very messy though and I was too tired and a bit sad since we had our largest op ever and I realized we hadn't really gained territory - rather we lost it. Sorry for my awful platoon leading anyway.

Did TVA work at all last night Cooper? It really seems like it didn't. Regardless we got destroyed by equal number tram, but yeah, most of them are br 50+.
    On the gal taxi thing we probably should have had set up a bind to talk to the taxi guys. Often when we got the order to pull gals someone would have it before we could type a request to the gal pilots. So if we do that the next time at least I have to make sure i have a better way of calling in transport.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Taking over PL from Dewi was just very messy though and I was too tired and a bit sad since we had our largest op ever and I realized we hadn't really gained territory - rather we lost it. Sorry for my awful platoon leading anyway.
    Regardless we got destroyed by equal number tram, but yeah, most of them are br 50+.
    This was to be expected, though. Half of our number (at least) were new players. New to PS2 or new to Rick, Planet, Shotgun. Either way, the effect was always going to be more impressive than effective. There was also a lot of overhead in the command department, fiddling with squads, comms, setting up new platoons on the fly etc. It was inevitable that we were going to be less effective than usual.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    On the gal taxi thing we probably should have had set up a bind to talk to the taxi guys. Often when we got the order to pull gals someone would have it before we could type a request to the gal pilots. So if we do that the next time at least I have to make sure i have a better way of calling in transport.
    Under my proposed setup for multi-platoon operations (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...l=1#post288016), gal taxis could be strategic assets, and SLs could request for them through that channel.

Activated Node
    I didn't even realise the facility was there (I know it was discussed but I didn't know it had been implimented), I struggled for volunteers to pull galaxies (usually either me or my RO had to do it, which wasn't ideal).
    Last edited by LordKiwi; 12-04-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Bind to gal taxi would be nice yeah, but we shouldve thought of it earlier of course.

Esoteric - Sure, but we werent all of Vanu.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I had a lot of fun being gal taxi though not many SLs used our service.
    To be fair, I often found it easier just have the squad itself pull a galaxy, less messing with the comms, easier to command the galaxy and only slightly slower. If we want to do this again then the Gal pilot should switch channels to the squad he is going to pickup.

But that is extremely messy and requires all gal pilots jumping around everywhere. Is it not easier to just send a tell (like I asked you to about 10 times) or call in?
    Find me on the Steams

I'm sure I suggested in my post ages ago after the first call to arms that the gal guys all sat in a channel with the outfit liaison guy so they could hear the SL's chatter.

In the end I just bound a key to the air channel once I realised what was happening, which lead to me being able to heckle our pilots, but them not able to answer - imho the best possible solution :-)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    The only problem I saw with gal taxies was that we had to leave a squad member behind when one of them picked us up. Gals should be upgradeable with (up to 4) extra seats

Quote Originally Posted by Grible View Post
    I'm sure I suggested in my post ages ago after the first call to arms that the gal guys all sat in a channel with the outfit liaison guy so they could hear the SL's chatter.

In the end I just bound a key to the air channel once I realised what was happening, which lead to me being able to heckle our pilots, but them not able to answer - imho the best possible solution :-)
    It worked out ok. I mean yeah, it lead me straight into a mass of bursters and mosquitoes the first time, but the next drop on the ascent went ok

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    But that is extremely messy and requires all gal pilots jumping around everywhere. Is it not easier to just send a tell (like I asked you to about 10 times) or call in?
    2 things:
    A. I did
    B. You only asked once

And really, having a squaddie do it als ensures you can move your whole squad, and the workload is lighting for a RO/SL.

To be fair, is alt-tabbing, switching channel and moving on that difficult? If it is, well then a squad controlled gal is still my favorite option.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    2 things:
    A. I did
    B. You only asked once
    Just feel like I have to step in here:

Wait, what? I noticed Ride writing about this in outfit chat several times. I'm not sure if it was ten times, but it wasn't far from.

Maybe it's hard to see messages in outfit chat when there's as many as there were yesterday? There were quite a lot of conversation going on in outfit chat while the third platoon was waiting on getting everything organized at least.

Activated Node
    God I wish this game ran better on my 955 BE. It just does not like AMD.