Page 62 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1385
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkweeble View Post
    I'll try to get myself up to speed with the Vanu guns in VR over the next week. My fiance is going to a 5-day conference so I have the luxury of sitting around in my underwear after work, drinking whiskey and maintaining poor personal hygiene for a while. No promises, but I can probably come up with some tips for handling the default weapons and suggested Cert paths for a starting player.

As for tactics I'd love to see us set up a Light Assault Herd that can form and disperse as needed for dealing with some of the more difficult bases and terrain, but that's as far as I thought it out. The training sessions seem aimed toward newbies though, right?
    Not only, no. We sometimes are brilliant and others abysmal on the field. We can cut through or hold against superior forces, and others run away after the first shot fired in anger. We can be extremely focused and effective on casual nights, and a loose confused chaos on tactical. We need training on best practices, just share among ourselves what works and what doesn't.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEclectic View Post
    Not only, no. We sometimes are brilliant and others abysmal on the field. We can cut through or hold against superior forces, and others run away after the first shot fired in anger. We can be extremely focused and effective on casual nights, and a loose confused chaos on tactical. We need training on best practices, just share among ourselves what works and what doesn't.
    Alright I'll see what I can get together for a new player orientation and leave the best practices to Squad Leaders for now since they're the ones who are going to be yelling about it anyway. Once I get a bit more familiar with how everyone plays I may branch out a bit.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    No meeting?
    Find me on the Steams

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by darkweeble View Post
    As for tactics I'd love to see us set up a Light Assault Herd that can form and disperse as needed for dealing with some of the more difficult bases and terrain, but that's as far as I thought it out. The training sessions seem aimed toward newbies though, right?
    Sounds interesting. I always liked the Light Assault but have found that when moving with the herd a Heavy Assault is much better, so I'd be nice to have an excuse to play Light Assault again some times

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    No meeting?
    I was unable to make the meeting time, and didn't get a reminder up on Steam.

I don;t suppose it went ahead with out me? Is that too much to ask?

If no, then we'll try Wednesday again. Shorter. Much shorter if we can.

Also, just popped on Mumble and saw compromise comms being used. How has that gone down tonight?
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I was unable to make the meeting time, and didn't get a reminder up on Steam.

I don;t suppose it went ahead with out me? Is that too much to ask?

If no, then we'll try Wednesday again. Shorter. Much shorter if we can.
    No meeting. Nobody felt that they knew enough of the agenda to chair the meeting. Or at least I had no idea. The first I remember hearing of the meeting was earlier today. But my memory might be lacking.

Also, just popped on Mumble and saw compromise comms being used. How has that gone down tonight?
    What you saw, in fact, was a "special giraffes" type of thing only in completely unappropriate channels. Should have gone straight for squad-play alpha. We had no problems switching over. I called for it (as has been the way of things lately) and got a full squad within 5 minutes, an additional 5 minutes to get comms sorted and we were rolling. It all worked rather well from my point of view, until we reached the squad-and-a-half mark, around which my tactical leadership abilities broke down. I'm no Ridebird, that's for sure.

We then split into two channels, and a bit later on, added a couple of charlie people to the alpha channel, and that's about where you logged on. It worked alright, but still, I can see why Ridebird has grown tired of always being the one to ask for squad-play/tactical play. It lands you with the responsibility of making it happen. It would be nice to just be able to tag along every once in a while. Maybe we can get there in time, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    I can see why Ridebird has grown tired of always being the one to ask for squad-play/tactical play. It lands you with the responsibility of making it happen. It would be nice to just be able to tag along every once in a while. Maybe we can get there in time, I don't know.
    I get that.

In which case, can we not just replace the request to change comms with a call for a "briefing" session. A hand over of PL, a setting up of SLs, Radios, Liaisons and mumble channels. The PL gives a brief on what they think they would like to achieve (lock, defence, Event hunting etc.) and how they would like to run things. Preferably set up new PLs with a mentor. PL sets a defined "end point" of their PL run which will be a debrief time (which we need as a habit, quite badly).

This means the onus is not on pissing about with comms and being unpopular, but in getting us doing something we should have been doing since we started. Proper briefing and debriefing sessions pre and post prime time play.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Updated the roster on the website with March / April Pruple Giraffes:

http://www.rockplanetshotgun.com/roster/

CMaster's got so many it broke the formatting...

Keep them coming. Also, no image = no purple giraffe award on the roster...
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

To repeat myself.

We need people to organise training sessions
    This is almost getting to the point of me needing to beg for this. We need it. Especially now we have so many new players. I am shit at the FPS mechanics in PS2 and so cannot do these myself.
    I'd be happy to help run a training session or two, and there are definitely topics to cover for more experienced PS2 players as well as new ones.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GinSoakedBoy View Post
    I'd be happy to help run a training session or two, and there are definitely topics to cover for more experienced PS2 players as well as new ones.
    /10char

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by GinSoakedBoy View Post
    lets do it! i propose (again) to transform Silly Mondays into a bi-montly thing, and conduct training stuff every other monday.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    *sniff* Mondays are no good for me. But better that there is training for the rest of the outfit, than nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    lets do it! i propose (again) to transform Silly Mondays into a bi-montly thing, and conduct training stuff every other monday.
    Cmaster said he thought Silly Mondays was best left until people had specific things they wanted to try out, so is no longer going to be a regular event.

Mondays would be a good day for training sessions. Though we should acommodate them whenever we can.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Just had a great game playing PL, hopefully I didin't suck too much. It's a shame TR and NC seem to double team us all the time.

Network Hub
    I'd love a training session this monday, if no silly monday! Would it be possible to get something up for tomorrow?

I'd really enjoy a training session - and Mondays are good for me . Understand it takes a lot of time and effort for the trainer though.
    On Steam - Kyndylan

Network Hub
    Silgidorn and Kyndylan, can you give us an idea of what level of training you'd be looking for? I'm going to start a new thread for it so please post there. It might be helpful to get some idea of where everyone is at so we know what to target.

Network Hub
    H9sDPpPcyM-4.png

A sneaky purple giraffe to Dewisant and all who joined him for his successful efforts to destroy the TR-NC truce and save the lock on Indar tonight. Also a big thanks to everyone else who kept fighting even after our many breakout attempts failed. Hopefully it'll be while before we have to endure that kind of push again. Vanu Protects!

Obscure Node
    A really valiant effort on Indar tonight against well-mobilised reds and blues. Ran around manically medicing. The game then decided I was just too good at that and booted me to Amerish, but it was fun while it lasted..!

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    A purple giraffe for CoffeeTable for his efforts platoon-leading this evening; after a brief "let's go pick a fight" on Indar, he stayed once the alert was called and steered us through a number of heavy engagements (and to what felt like an RPS-led victory in the alert). All SLs did a great job as well. Yay Vanu!