Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1385
    Hi guys, I've been away pretty much since beta as post beta my CPU suddenly couldn't handle the game. Don't know if any of you remember me from then. Anyway, I'm in the process of installing a new CPU so I'll hopefully be joining you tonight. I also wanted to mention that some impostor stole my screen name as soon as Beta finished so anyone called Llamageddon in game is a spy! . I'll be operating under the call-sign Alpaccalypse so at least I can keep the camelid/end of days vibe going . I'll either see you at 8:00 or will putting out the fire in my computer.

Edit: And to contribute to the dual monitor conversation I have used two monitors for years, recently took the suggestion of getting a £300, unbranded 2560×1440 monitor as mentioned in this RPS post: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...40-27-monitor/ . As is mentioned in the article there is a risk involved but it was perfect for me. Have never managed to find any of those missing pixels but they are probably there and I just can't see them out of the ~ 3.6 million that are working. Anyway. Thought I would mention it as I didn't see any other references to that article.
    Last edited by Llamageddon; 18-04-2013 at 06:23 PM.

If that fails, you can always be Doomedary.

PS: look left. they're planning the end of the world.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah i never really got the difference between stratgir and tacgir... sounds like different names for the same thing really. People split by squads or is there something else that makes them behave differently?

Quote Originally Posted by Wardancer View Post
    Yeah i never really got the difference between stratgir and tacgir... sounds like different names for the same thing really. People split by squads or is there something else that makes them behave differently?
    It's all Greek to me but I would hazard a guess that Stratgir is more "meta" dealing with inter squad strategy between the whole outfit whereas Tacgir deals with tactics on the ground in a specific AO between two or three squads. But that is just a guess based on strat(egy)gir and tac(tics)gir. I'm probably completely wrong. Anyone want to enlighten us? I would like to get back into being a squad leader at some point so this would be useful to know. Reading the thread hasn't shed much light on the subject.

+1 to Boris for Doomdary and his profile pic by the way

Change of plans, my new call-sign is Llamageddon2012. Thought it would be easier for everyone as friends will automatically call me "Llama" whatever my call-sign is.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Llamageddon View Post
    It's all Greek to me but I would hazard a guess that Stratgir is more "meta" dealing with inter squad strategy between the whole outfit whereas Tacgir deals with tactics on the ground in a specific AO between two or three squads. But that is just a guess based on strat(egy)gir and tac(tics)gir. I'm probably completely wrong. Anyone want to enlighten us? I would like to get back into being a squad leader at some point so this would be useful to know. Reading the thread hasn't shed much light on the subject.
    The main purpose of TACGIR is, as you guessed, to give those of us who want, a chance to focus on squad-play and maybe even more importantly, squad interplay. This does of course carry over into the stratgir Thursdays. Maybe we should start calling them something else, I dunno.

By the way, the SL-to-SL unit-level chat worked like a fucking charm, it did! Best thing since they invented sex.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Re: Questions about Thursdays and StratGir / TACGIR.

StratGir thursdays were setup to cater for the then growing interest in a more strategic / tactical gameplay. As time has gone on, the interest in that style of gameplay has only grown. As it has grown it has developed into TACGIR.

Now Thursdays fall entirely under the purview of TACGIR.

TACGIR was setup to ensure the provision of (inter-)squad-based tactical gameplay as often as possible for those who want it without demanding it from everyone.

"Strategic Thursdays" remains a dedicated day for the whole outfit / as many people as possible to play in the TACGIR manner. "Purple Wednesdays" remains a dedicated day for the more traditional messy / louder / casual setup.

On every other day of the week expect to see both setups happening simultaenously to cater for those who like one or the other (or, as I do, like both, and will vary what setup they prefer depending on how they feel).

Personally I think that even when tandem styles become the norm, Purple Wed and Strat Thurs will still be worthwhile as they provide 'dedicated gaming nights' to pull members in. Many people only play once or twice a week and it's good to know that "Wed and Thurs are PS2 nights".

Does that sound about right as a summary?
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Yup, and I think it works rather well.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yeah, I like that summary, and I also find it to have worked well these last few days.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Had a few giraffes saved up so here we go =)

1xKYk4s.jpg

Purple Giraffe for Mr. Eclectic for leading the platoon last night while doing the first proper testrun of the new comms system.

l_cute-cartoon-giraffe-headphone-winder-10pcs-sets-d833.jpg

Purple Giraffe for Esoteric for setting up said comms system.

giraffe--obn-directory.png

Purple Giraffe for Sinomatic and whoever else it was that kept revived me many times yesterday and kept repairing my max a few days ago.

Doctor giraffes to atah and Aspa, my ever saving medics.
    http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs12/i/20..._aesthetic.jpg
    Yes, I am the baby elephant.
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Shit, I was looking for a doctor giraffe but didn't get anything. Giraffedoctors <3

What's going on with submod status on the forum? Cooper needed it about five months ago. Are neither Jim or John responding Cooper?
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    I had to log off a bit early yesterday, but when I left we were just shy of 200 people in the outfit. So yeah, great job everybody who organized this, I had great fun last night.
    ...well that sounded like mighty good fun. Anyhow, since being away from the internet for a week and a half feels like an eternity, can anyone point me to any important posts I might need to know about, or is everything pretty much how it was?