Network Hub

Article comments 'subscribe'

Is it possible to automatically subscribe to comments made in the main page articles? I'd like to know when my comment has been replied to. :) No neccesarilly the all of the other comments, but an option to would be nice.

Git yerself one of them RSS-feed in-browser buttons (like on yer' Chrome Web Store and such) and you can subscribe to every comment, but I don't think it's possible to get reply notifications yet.

I agree with this. I'm new here, well, to the forum, been lurking on the main site for a bit, and I like what I see - especially after the death of PC Zone. YES! I'm a former 'Zoner! And it's nice to see Jim, Kieron and that spread their wings more on here than they did under Future (#hack# #spit#). Anyhoo, it would be nice to see comments made on the main site traceable through the forum, or being able to search through all my posts on the main page, as I'll be damned if I can remember where I've posted, and I've barely reached twenty posts on the main site I think. Without being able to remember where those posts are, those words more or less will evaporate into the aether, it would just be nice to have a part of the system dedicated to being able to find those posts, and also being able to search other peoples posts.

Apple-o-gies if this has been raised many times before, but I'm too lazy to search, and it's 2.10am, I've got to sleep!

Obscure Node
    I'll add my name to the list of people wishing for comment reply notification. If there is a way to subscribe to comments in a certain article via RSS I suppose that's workable, but with the number of articles I comment on it would be unwieldy to manage in my reader. I like the option that other sites have to be notified when somebody replies to your comment or when a new comment appears in a thread you're participating in. I don't know, maybe that's a tricky thing to manage, but I'd love to have that option. Thanks!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Man_007 View Post
    . Anyhoo, it would be nice to see comments made on the main site traceable through the forum,
    There used to be a sytem where the comments threads were merged with a forum topic but it was broken and horribly confusing, hence the current separation. Would be nice if it was workable but t appears not to be, at least with Word Press.