Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    Well to be fair there are plenty of intelligent things on the interwebernets.
    There are also a lot of people who sniff superciliously at others' habits for the sole purpose of making themselves feel smarter. "I am better than you because I don't watch TV. Why, I don't even own a TV" is actually #28 on the list of annoying hipster phrases.

The idea that all television is nothing more than the idiot tube is a ridiculously cavalier generalization, especially when one turns around and makes the declaration that the internet - which at its base is a communication device between equally ignorant laymen; there are plenty of books written about the need for editorial oversight on aggregate wisdom - is inherently better.

Saying TV's nothing but Hunny Boo Boo and Sean Hannity is like saying the internet's nothing but Lemon Party and lolcats.

Even this forum, which I consider to be one of the more erudite (or at least well-written) gaming communities, is a cesspool of collective idiocy and ignorance that insists on spreading such on a wide variety of topics they clearly have no experience in. Hence my original statement: Let's not be so quick at patting ourselves on our backs.
    Last edited by Nalano; 04-12-2012 at 02:08 AM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    You're all a bunch of baboons.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
    You're all a bunch of baboons.
    A revered symbol of Egyptian mythology apparently.

The problem OP faces is two-fold:

1. I will enjoy/buy a AAA game because -
    a) It is a nth sequel
    b) everyone else is buying it too

2. There is nothing in gaming world outside a AAA title

I failed at the first (1.a to be precise) with Diablo 3 but played enough to got my money's worth and the co-op made it somewhat bearable for a while. Besides that I only bought BL2 and XCOM for AAA titles and loved them both. When things got boring, I went back to playing co-op on old games with a friend. Never knew that Alien Swarm (a free TC-mod) and Shoot Many Robots could be so much fun in co-op.

My advice is not to depend entirely on AAA titles for your gaming satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by gravity_spoon View Post
    The problem OP faces is two-fold:

1. I will enjoy/buy a AAA game because -
    a) It is a nth sequel
    b) everyone else is buying it too

2. There is nothing in gaming world outside a AAA title

I failed at the first (1.a to be precise) with Diablo 3 but played enough to got my money's worth and the co-op made it somewhat bearable for a while. Besides that I only bought BL2 and XCOM for AAA titles and loved them both. When things got boring, I went back to playing co-op on old games with a friend. Never knew that Alien Swarm (a free TC-mod) and Shoot Many Robots could be so much fun in co-op.

Exactly. If we limit the scope to only AAA titles and no sequels, we'd get a very small list in return. But you'd get a small number of results if you did that just about any year.

This thread screams flamebait.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Big Think is great for mostly bite-sized bits of knowledgification.
    Cheers. Added sub.

There are also a lot of people who sniff superciliously at others' habits for the sole purpose of making themselves feel smarter. "I am better than you because I don't watch TV. Why, I don't even own a TV" is actually #28 on the list of annoying hipster phrases.
    Heh I have some friends like that. They're endearing, but it does get annoying after a while.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Banned
    I watched TV the other day in a motel and then suddenly in the middle of a show some woman started talking to me about cough medicine.

What the hell was that?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post

Heh I have some friends like that. They're endearing, but it does get annoying after a while.
    So what if you actually don't watch tv? Because of the judgemental hipster bastards do we non judgmental, non tv watching members of society have to keep our entertainment habits (Or lack there-of) a shadowed secret to be whispered to other like minded people in dark alleyways, wearing trench coats?

Actually that sounds kinda cool, nevermind.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dariune View Post
    So what if you actually don't watch tv? Because of the judgemental hipster bastards do we non judgmental, non tv watching members of society have to keep our entertainment habits (Or lack there-of) a shadowed secret to be whispered to other like minded people in dark alleyways, wearing trench coats?

Actually that sounds kinda cool, nevermind.
    Not watching tv is fine. Telling people at every possibly chance that you don't watch tv because "insert reason related to how tv makes you bad/dumb" is the issue.

But feel free to go with the shadows and coats idea.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    A revered symbol of Egyptian mythology apparently.
    huh.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babi_%28mythology%29
    because of you I am a bit more knowledgeable.
    thx

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    I don't have a tv because most tv is crap and the good stuff can be watched online whenever I like anyway, without every third minute being a fucking advert. But the notion that tv "makes people stupid" is itself stupid. I'm quite capable of being stupid on my own, thanks.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    huh.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babi_%28mythology%29
    because of you I am a bit more knowledgeable.
    thx

wiki is always convenient. nice detective work though. you got it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    More SPam
    I think you are a spambot who should go shove a rusty metal pipe up his ass. But that's just me.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Check out the website above and let me know what you guys think. It would be terrible to put out a game that no one enjoys, you know? At least if you guys tell me what's good and bad, the game will be better suited for this set of gamers.
    It's a game that looks interesting and I might well have bought it, but I've made a special note now never to buy it because the developer is a dick that spams forums. When a mod comes along to get rid of your spam, you'll probably have blown your chance at any coverage on RPS also.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity_spoon View Post
    I don't, my fave game this year was Dayz.

Banned
    The game I've been working on, Dark Storm ( http://adarkstormiscoming.com ) is a first person shooter being developed for Steam
    Oh god, it's happened. Steam became a gaming platform.

Some bullshit.
    Get out of here spambot.
    Virtual Pilot 3Dô NEVER NOT SCAM!

I can't agree with you. Assassins, Far Cry - i didn't have my private life while playing it :P