[AAR] UNS 01/12/12 - Viiiiiv.

So that was.. an experience :D
    Thanks to the players that came, personally I think it didn't go that bad, we had our moments, some tragic, some funny. Overall I think this was an enjoyable session.
    We played:
    Hearts and Minds
    Green Hell
    Special Forces
    Bright side of the Moon
    Wanderlust
    Post related stuff here in this thread, and there will be some developments, so look out for those also ;)

Off-topic: I think I found out the professions of some of our players, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16dCbYikvgs

Obscure Node
    Ita wasa ok-a?

Didn't like the maps really, don't think it works when you have xray vision AI. Also performance wasn't great, and my PC is quite good.. so, not too fun to play with random fps dips on a map populated with <20 enemies.

The booby traps in the jungle made moving between points more interesting, meant people had to stay a bit more alert.

Other than that I think our time could be better spent elsewhere.. but that's just me!

Obscure Node
    That was quite fun.
    *meow*
    *meeeeeeeow*

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
    Ita wasa ok-a?

Didn't like the maps really, don't think it works when you have xray vision AI. Also performance wasn't great, and my PC is quite good.. so, not too fun to play with random fps dips on a map populated with <20 enemies.

The booby traps in the jungle made moving between points more interesting, meant people had to stay a bit more alert.

Other than that I think our time could be better spent elsewhere.. but that's just me!
    Well to be honest my PC isn't great and I didn't have any FPS issues, as for the maps... people made missions on then and the least we could do is play it, but I agree that map S.E.A (?) had crazy jungle, but MBG Nam is still a very good map and in there you don't have x-ray AI.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    The Unsung maps are poorly optimized and their absurd size doesn't help either. MGB Nam should run fairly well on most systems.

I can safely say that the AI doesn't have X-Ray vision, at least on MGB Nam but should neither on Unsung maps, if you check the handbook. Otherwise we would have run into more patrols in my mission. Of the 80-odd AI in the area we saw maybe 30, max. What they do have is a better awareness of were you were or could be, so they tend to spray the bushes you were standing next to. That we were traversing terrain in a jog most of the time didn't help, either.

I enjoyed the first two missions of the session, special forces was too chaotic for my taste so I dropped out to work on something else (which ultimately didn't work because of the broken state of that mod). Bright Side of the Moon was good but less "last stand" and more chaos, dying and screaming for mommy. I was suprised how well we made it through Wanderlust, I need to have a word with the AI. Truth be told, I made the mission with the AI perfomance from Unsung maps in mind as I never played MBG Nam before. The area could use a few more patrols and traps. That at least 5 people got blown up by the booby trapped tents was a small comfort though.

As a sidenote I'd add that instead of using revive to compensate for lack of players in the mod session I'll focus on smaller, more compact ones as I think it suits both our play style and the session more.

Oh, and apparently Mamba hates players even more than I do:
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 02-12-2012 at 02:40 PM.