Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Network Hub

Exclamation The end of the beginning

Good evening gentlemen.

It pains me to tell you that Folk and ARPS are no more. It has been a difficult decision that have been discussed at length by all the admins but it has become too much strain for us to deal with both the groups.

With that in mind I would like to introduce and welcome you to

Folk ARPS

The admins or hosts (as they shall now be referred to) have been having a lengthy series of discussions about how to improve our little community. We decided that in the interests of consistency and simplicity an official merging of the two groups would be highly beneficial.

Those that were involved in the discussions are below. As you may be aware we have drafted in a few new hosts and the merger is the primary reason for this, more people allows us to have more hands working on the development of the group. To help with the continued evolution of FA, different hosts will be dealing with certain aspects of the operation, have a look below:

The Hosts:

Bodge - As Minister of Supervision and State security I will be fielding any enquiries into party policy and managing content published by the party. I will also maintain the security and longevity of the General Secretary's incarceration. Bodge on steam, Bodgemonkey on skype.

Capernatious - Capernatious will be dealing with foreign relations (A2Free) as well as public infrastructure. Steam name is Capernatious, and Skype handle is Agent.Rebell.

Ferrard Carson - As Undersecretary to the Secretary of the Secretariat of the Party, Ferrard will be concerned primarily with continued education of The Party in the art of fail-avoidance via Comrade Tigershark's platform and the pole atop said platform. Expect lite mission-making in addition to workshop-running.

Harakka - Harakka will try to keep our various servers set up and running smoothly, in addition to hosting sessions and making missions. You can catch him with either a PM on the forums, as harakka_ on Steam, or harakka_fi on Skype.

Headspace - The Air Marshal of the People's Air Force will be dealing specifically with the highly technical "shit that flies" division.

Nullkigan - As Finance minister Nullkigan will be overseeing the party expenditure and the projects that are being funded.

Tigershark - as Minister of Defense Tigershark will continue to ensure that those willing and desiring to develop themselves in the continued defense of the party have
    a platform to do so.

Stranglove -The Minister of Civil Affairs' role is the management of party owned missions and assisting with the development of new material. Stranglove will oversee the addition of new missions to the playlists

SvDvorak - SvDvorak's department of science and technology will be working on the organisation and continued development of missions and our mission making platforms.

Washington - Washington is "The Minister of Industry and Information Technology" and will be dealing with the mods server and assisting those working on mod nights and events as well as organising workstreams of his own. washington on steam & d-wilcox on skype

Wolfenswan - As 1st Comrade Content Censor Wolfenswan will be managing the mission-making section of the forums and the missions on the server. Initially the current process of getting a mission on the box, tested and into the rotation will be improved on and streamlined. With F2 2-7-0 (and related mission stubs) on the verge of being released, a dedicated sub forum will serve both new and experienced mission makers and hopefully lead to a whole new lot of quality content. He is Wolfenswan on Steam and helazoid on Skype.

To provide clarity
    General queries and content management-> Bodge or Fer.
    Mission problems -> Contact Wolf, Strang or SvDvorak.
    Mod stuff -> Wash.
    Server issues -> Harakka, Caper (esp if A2Free) or Null (if financial).
    Workshop queries -> Tiger or Carson.
    Flight sim stuffs -> Headspace.
    So if you don't know who to contact about something just ask any host, but you may be redirected to the relevant person (For missions please press [wolfenswan]).

With the formation of the new group we will be creating a new website that will hold all of the relevant information on how to play arma with us and news of any further developments. The site will become available later in December. The old Folk forum will become the Folk ARPS forum, holding our key discussions, mission cache, workshop info and other bits and pieces that may be of use. We urge all comrades without an account on this forum to register now. We will remain present on the RPS ArmA forum with AAR crossposts and redirecting any people that might be looking for us. We will also be adopting the Folk skype channel to provide a persistent chat for Folk Arps players so get yourself registered if you haven't already and we will start getting people invited shortly.

The playing of Arma will not change significantly, hosts will run sessions for structured play (if you want to practise/explode everything you can jump on server between sessions much as you can now). The sessions will be at the same time on:

Server name: Folk ARPS Server
    Server address: server.herosquad.org
    Port: 2302
    Password: freedom

Voice comms will now be using what used to be the Folk TS server:

Server name: Folk ARPS TS
    Server address: server.herosquad.org
    Port: 9988
    Password: freedom

The Mods server is still there, as is the A2Free server and Mumble. The A2Free and Mumble server are not strictly speaking "Folk ARPS assets" we are going to keep them running for the benefit of those that still use them.

Hopefully with this merger and restructure we can help generate more content and improve the arma experience we offer. We have created a new skeleton for the new community, now it is everyone to help attach all the squishy bits to form a meatshield. If you want to help out with something or have an idea on what should be done then poke one of the hosts listed up above. Chances are some of the hosts are going to be asking for assistance with certain projects so keep your eyes peeled.

Like its forerunners, Folk ARPS is an open community. We welcome everyone who wishes to play with us as long as they are willing to respect our approach and have taken a moment to ensure they have an appropriate game and communications set-up (all accomplished by reading our brief Need To Know guides). There are no entry criteria besides turning up, although we do recommend opening a forum account to join the discussion. The sessions will still be structured, with several coop and adversarial missions, and run by hosts to maintain the enjoyment of the majority. We remain mod-free during Tuesday and Sunday sessions, but a Mod server is there if you want to try something (talk to a Host for help). So far we have had ACRE and I44 sessions running with reasonable success.

Please help us build on this.

Happy Armaing

Bodge
    And the other Hosts.
    Last edited by Bodge; 07-12-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Activated Node
    I see no mention of the Golden Yacht(that doesn't really exist).
    I invested moneh for it to be built, where is the yacht?!

On a srs note, I think it should be ARPS Folk. 'cuz we're cooler ;)

ARPS is dead, Long live ARPS!

Obscure Node
    FARPS, not to be mistaken with FARTS, EH?

But this is cool stuff, happy to be part of this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
    FARPS.
    Lose the R, and we will be most searched site on google, in addition to that make some ad-sense ad's about hookers and blow.

Network Hub
    Tuesday will be the last ARPS TT, from Sunday 9th Dec we will be using these new details.

har. I like FARPS, has a ring.

But this is cool stuff, I take it there is going to be a single pot that the servers are ran off?
    If so how would one go about donating to the cause?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperÜ View Post
    har. I like FARPS, has a ring.

But this is cool stuff, I take it there is going to be a single pot that the servers are ran off?
    If so how would one go about donating to the cause?
    Yeah give it a little while and we will shout the details out again, we are fine till Feb I think. Nullkigan has all the facts. the herosquad.org website still has the info on it

Long version: Folk ARPS
    Short version: FA
    How we encourage you to get it right: 'quality time' with comrade Tigershark

;)

Makes sense, pooled resources and the like. And to think I was about to put ARPS as my clan tag this Tuesday, too... Guess I'll put FA instead!

Activated Node
    As long as this doesn't mean we end up playing Cholo at the end of every Tuesday session, it sounds like a sensible move.

Does this mean that it's everyone's golden yacht now?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Network Hub
    So.. TS3 for both session now? :/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Does this mean there are no TT's anymore?

Or that they will both have the same rules/spirit (as it's been for some time now)?

Quote Originally Posted by Head View Post
    So.. TS3 for both session now? :/
    Yep. We realize that people have their preferences, but one had to be chosen because it doesn't really make any practical sense to have separate VOIP systems, with their different CC setup procedures etc, for separate days.

Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    Does this mean there are no TT's anymore?

Or that they will both have the same rules/spirit (as it's been for some time now)?
    The Tuesday session isn't going anywhere, both sessions will just be run similarly using the unified servers. Like you said, the sessions have been pretty close in spirit for a while now.
    Last edited by harakka; 03-12-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    Clips are fully loaded, and then blood floods the lawn

Can I make a suggestion? Make TS channel names just like in mumble because that is *cough* better *cough*

So if tomorrow's session is the 'last' TT, are we sticking with mumble for it or switching to TS3?

Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by Kefirz View Post
    Can I make a suggestion? Make TS channel names just like in mumble because that is *cough* better *cough*
    +1 to this

Quote Originally Posted by thekev506 View Post
    So if tomorrow's session is the 'last' TT, are we sticking with mumble for it or switching to TS3?
    Tomorrow we still use Mumble, yes. For the final TT!

If you want to get in touch with me, my Steam name is Capernatious, and my Skype handle is Agent.Rebell. (Don't ask.)

This took me by more surprise than it should have.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlander View Post
    This took me by more surprise than it should have.
    I figured it would happend, we had pretty much merged anyway

TS3 makes me sad tho, My hearing is utter shit and TS3 always had this shit sound for me.

Can you suppress keys in TS3? That was the killer Mumble feature that I always missed (and I always missed having a key-togglable CC in mumble)