Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I can't stop my mind going straight to the console-exclusive games where you can really see the tech holding them back (and by this I mean shitty resolution and framerates, not lack of eye candy or generally low tech). Bayonetta and Vanquish would look absolutely stunning with more power behind them. Enslaved is another. They're all so close to gorgeousness that I'm surprised the devs aren't clamouring just for the chance to see their games look their best. Being an artist on these games must be quite frustrating.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Vanquish is one of the nicest-looking games I've seen on any platform, period. It is stunning to see in motion.

I just wish the motion was smoother. It would absolutely sing at 60fps. Actually, I agree, it's not a great example because it does still look genuinely gorgeous and play well.

-Vanquish
    -Bayonetta
    -Demon's Souls
    -Red Dead Redemption

Those are the games in the "would buy a console for that" category for me, thankfully the lack of Demon's Souls might be alleviated by Dark Souls.
    I think it was way worse with PS2-only titles, thankfully I have a PS2 at home and emulation always.

Banned
    Shadow of the Colossus would be pleasant to see on PC. The best I can do is run my copy on an emulator which at least irons out the appalling framerate it had when I played it on my PS2. Texture filtering, DX11 and antialiasing were nice additions too.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Are you high?
    Why, because I like arcade games?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Few other threads that have mentioned a lot of great non PC games.

Wii has some great local co op games. (only with some other great games)

Different RPGs you see vs PC. (Tales of, Megami Tensei series, FF, ton other crazy Japanese RPGs) 3DS/DS, PSP have a great selection.

Good amount of Turn/Tactucak Based Strategy. (Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, FFT, Tactics Ogre, lots others.)

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurish View Post
    I really wish the latest Mortal Kombat was on PC.

this would be a great addition to my PC games. I love it on the console but since i am spending more time on my pc nowadays, it woiuld be good to have it on my rig as well.

Obscure Node
    I have a PS3 and I am in no way ashamed to play games on it, but I cannot under any circumstances play shooters on console. I need a mouse and keyboard, aiming with those stupid joysticks pisses me off to no end. The only game I have made an exception for because it is such a great series is Uncharted, but I would pay so much money to have these on PC. I would also love to play the Halo series (newer ones I know 1 and 2 are on PC) on PC.

All that being said I honestly would be just as happy if they would simply make mouse and keyboards work well on consoles so I can use them with console exclusive shooters.

I'm not missing out on anything, really. This generation of consoles has been around long enough for me to own all three of them, though I can't say I use any of them actively. I don't think I've touched my Wii in ages; I use Dolphin instead. My 360 hasn't been played in even longer, the exclusives don't really interest me and I own most multiplat console exclusives for PS3 (aside from Bayonetta). I use my PS3 more often than the other two but I'm still primarily a PC gamer.

The console I use the most is my 3DS; the DS has an excellent library and there are quite a few good 3DS games now.
    Last edited by elfbarf; 03-12-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Gran Turismo 5.
    Even though we have GRID and such, the sheer size and scale of GT5 is just awesome.

I've got a PS3 and 360 but I haven't bought a game for either since I bought LA Noire for the 360. My PS3 is now a dvd player and the 360 is gathering dust somewhere. I'd say we aren't missing a whole lot.

Edit: Of course, what I mean is: I'm not missing anything. There are precious few games on consoles that interest me and in this thread the only one was Red Dead Redemption and I've got that one. But then: I don't like Japanese games, so that makes it pretty easy to ignore console games.
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1982.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    It's going to be shut down soon, or those were the last news I had. You can play MH3 on Wii tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten
    Almost anything and everything by Atlus and NIS. Give me Persona (or, hell, give me the whole Shin Megami Tensei series) and Disgaea and I'll marry my PC. Catherine wouldn't hurt either, though it could make the marriage a bit weird(er).
    You can emulate most of those, on GBA, DS or PS2. A new PSP emulator has come recently into the scene and it's progressing fast.

The problem is that we'd never be satisfied with the ports of any of these games. Sure, I'd love GT5/Forza4 on the PC, but I'd hate a lazy conversion.

Lollipop Chainsaw

There's a captain america game on the Xbox 360 that I'd love to play. Apparantly it's like a not quite so good Arkham Asylum.

Also, let's ease off on the "JUST EMULATE" guys. It's illegal to emulate a game you don't own [or something legally grey and shifty] and we should really be supporting the games industry by paying for stuff rather then publicly trying to break laws [which could get RPS in trouble as it's on their forum]
    Last edited by DWZippy; 03-12-2012 at 11:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Brutal Legend would be terrific on PC. It got a luke-warm reception on console but that was mainly because the RTS bits quickly became the focus of the game, and had issues. Expanding the RTS mechanics on PC and making them more trad-RTS with mouse control and so on would produce something genuinely wonderful and unique.

And Valkyria Chronicles and the sequels. If only because they did new XCOM well before new XCOM did it.

Banned
    HALO But its too late now. All the great ideas Halo used are so woven into every other FPS, it would never feel as radical. Thus the PC babies would complain some more.

Uncharted series. But if I had to pick one, just the second game. The first game took a while to find its feet and three felt unfinished.

Armored Core series.

Infamous series.

Vanquish.

Crackdown 1.

Ace Combat series.

Otogi series. (Predecessor to the Souls series, incredible design and audio)

Castlevania Lords of Shadow.

I honestly feel sorry for single platform gamers. I feel more sorry for them when they do it to themselves.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Maybe bayonetta, I can't really think of anything recent like it on pc , not since dmc 4 which is from 2008.

Other than that (as owner of a shitbox and a ps3), absolutely nothing at all.

I could say all of the Nintendo games, especially Metroid Prime which would be perfect for PC. But of course, there's a better chance for hell to freeze over than Nintendo to release their games on other platforms.

If anything that PC is missing other than Ninty games would be this:
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles