Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    For a PC adaptation of Goblin Commander: Unleash The Horde, try Football Manager as Stoke City.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Faldrath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    For a PC adaptation of Goblin Commander: Unleash The Horde, try Football Manager as Stoke City.
    You, sir, win the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    I could say all of the Nintendo games, especially Metroid Prime which would be perfect for PC. But of course, there's a better chance for hell to freeze over than Nintendo to release their games on other platforms.

If anything that PC is missing other than Ninty games would be this:
    Looks similar to the Overlord games to me

:) /10charforwin

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Also-asses, butts, bums

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Looks similar to the Overlord games to me
    Very much so.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Obscure Node
    Now come on, calm down... I'm not sure the guy is ready for that sort of difficulty in management.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Tons of Playstation exclusives, especially those for PS2.

That's why we need emu. I heard that PS2 is already out of production. Is it true?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    Tons of Playstation exclusives, especially those for PS2.

That's why we need emu. I heard that PS2 is already out of production. Is it true?
    Look up PCSX2. I've been playing some of my PS2 games on my pc through that and the games I've tried so far all run flawlessly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    I bought PS3 to play Valkyria Chronicles and then I sold it after all other games I bought turned out to be mediocre, bad or I just disliked for some reason( RDR, Uncharted 2, Bayonetta, Killzone 2, Resonance of Fate and some other games I forgot). VC is a very good game, but I skipped most of the plot, it was terrible even by incredibly low anime standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Look up PCSX2. I've been playing some of my PS2 games on my pc through that and the games I've tried so far all run flawlessly.
    Will it run on 64bit Windows 7?

That's what I run it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    That's what I run it on.
    Cool. I guess Windows 7 64 bit is probably most gamers are using.

I believe that game console is something rather obsolete, only useful while Japaneses were dominating the game industry, and Japaneses are known for very skeptical to PC technology. For 2 reasons: first, most Japaneses are damn patriotic and PC tech are mostly from the west; second, and more realistically, most Japaneses cannot afford decent PCs capable to run the games satisfactorily. Westerners may be surprised, but most Japaneses are not as wealthy as westerners do. Income inequality is a prevailing social problem in the east, and Japan is not immunized. While you can easily afford a i7 with 12GB ram and AMD HD7870 (just an example) machine, most Japanese youths cannot. That is the truth behind Japaneses' tendency towards cheaper gaming alternatives like Playstation.

But now Japaneses have given way, we should be able to break the chain of game console and have all the games we want to play to be on open platforms.

One issue though, with most if not all PC gamers require Direct X to run, is PC really an open gaming platform as we perceive it to be?
    Last edited by squirrel; 03-12-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    Resonance of Fate
    This one sounds familiar... *googles it up*

You didn't like a Tri-Ace game?! You're not human. You don't even have a soul. You Monster.

Activated Node
    Seeing as I bounce around between my PC, PS3 & 360, and thanks to emulation & a usb sensor bar, skyward sword at 2560x1440 with AA :D:D:D, things the pc needs...hmm. Journy, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, In fact, just anything that is PS2/3 exclusive. Sony have far too many devs making awesome shit for them, and only for them. In the last 4 - 5 years the only things I've gotten halfway excited about on xbox have been Trials HD (Awesome, need on PC), Halo 4 & a couple of gears of war games, and gears only cos MS don't want their exclusives on PC. Forza, I like, and it would be awesome on eyefinity, but I can live on a diet of real sims I guess. PS3 on the other hand...so many exclusives, uncharted, god of war, wipeout, final fantasy, mgs, little big planet (definently up there as far as games that are not on the wii that you can play while drunk with friends), etc, etc.

What really kills consoles for me, is 720p, which is for one, really blurry, not to mention way too much aliasing. It didn't use to bother me as much, and I can 'put up' with it occasionally, but man, journy would have been orgasmic with more detail. I mean you'd be able to make out so many more little things, which by themselves aren't important, but all together they aid that sense of immersion so much more.

Other thing PC is missing (but it's slowly eroding), is the barrier to entry. Sure you *can* build a $300 PC in a little box with an AMD APU that will look ok and *just* play dx9 games at 720p, but you really need to spend at least $500 to get something with a half decent GPU that you can stick under the telly. Then the interface still isn't up to par by default (as in, outside of steam & big picture, you're going to be reaching for a keyboard & mouse sometimes). MS & smart glass is kind of cool, but surely they can just make a basic remote app for windows, run it off vnc, and make it retard friendly, you'd convince more people of the HTPC for gaming idea. Sure I love shooters on my main rig, eyefinity just blows a TV away, but other times I just want to unwind on the couch & smash out some single player goodness, and consoles just do that TV experience better out of the box. Sure I've stuffed around with my phone, my windows UI, etc, to make it work fine on a TV so I never need a keyboard, mouse, or have to squint, but the stuffing around part is too much for a lot of people who just want to plug it in and have it work.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    From what I remember playing it, its felt like a light Sacrifice. Which I guess Overlord is but not RTS elements, while Goblin has some RTS stuff going on. I was excited for the game (like RTS) and the couple done on console/handheld have been decent. Was nothing special really. (Still have it on Gamecube).

Warlocked was glorious for what it did on the Game Boy Color.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFHG9gRyHiI

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    NFL Football (though Madden isn't that great, it's a decent game)

Apparently EA won't renew their exclusive license in 2014, so there is hope for a 2K NFL game or someone new making one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkasaurusmex View Post
    NFL Football (though Madden isn't that great, it's a decent game)

Apparently EA won't renew their exclusive license in 2014, so there is hope for a 2K NFL game or someone new making one.
    Please tell me you're not lying? The 2K series of NFL games was so much better than EA's Madden that I just kept playing 2k4 for a few years after EA got the exclusive license.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    NFL 2k was great on Dreamcast. They did NHL games best for awhile. EA got their act together and they stopped NHL games after two crap games. They still are the reigning champs of NBA, with EA canceling their game until the last moment the past two years.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    I've always wanted to play ICO and Shadows of the Colossus. Plus the Uncharted series looks like my kind of thing and appeals to me a lot more than many of the blockbuster PC titles.

As for stuff I have played Okami, Zelda, Metroid and the Mario games are all great series.

The big thing PC misses for me is ease of playing some local multiplayer, that's what consoles are best at,