Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 145
  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Do console even have more realistic games ?
    Realism is overrated and tedious.

    Also PC needs more Gladius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    It's not the same genre, so you're comparing Apples and Elephants. Lego Star Wars is closer to that than Left 4 Dead.
    They're both co-op zombie shooters, albeit with different perspectives.

    Unless you'd count Skyrim and Baldur's Gate as being in seperate genres too as one is in first person and the other is top down?
    Last edited by TheXand; 03-12-2012 at 11:04 PM.

  2. #82
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Slovenia| Ljubljana
    Posts
    3,978
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    Realism is overrated and tedious.


    Talk for yourself.
    ... I take the lives of a few to protect the lives of many. I commit acts of war to preserve the greater peace. I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake; I'll do what needs to be done. Because it's my job. It's my duty. My name is Sam Fisher, and I am a Splinter Cell.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Talk for yourself.
    We can't all lead the exciting double life of a secret agent in world rife with conspiracy.

  4. #84
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    1,196
    Yeah I second that the PC does seem to miss out on quite a lot of the bright colourful and rather fun looking action adventure and/or platform games (though we did, thankfully, get Psychonauts), which I've always thought was a bit of a shame.

    It was why I was initially glad to see Darksiders (albeit I'd have preferred something actually bright and colourful, although the gameplay was initially satisfying the aesthetics don't particularly appeal to me) until I gave up in frustration at the damage sponge of the first proper boss.

  5. #85
    Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    608
    Well that a lot of the indie who published on XBLA seem to be catching onto the fact that Microsoft is, you know, insane, we're getting a lot of those great indie games that used to be exclusive to that platform. Now it's just the same thing we've always missed out on, which is console publisher held IPs and Japanse games. Hopefully with Capcom beginning to publish more of their titles on PC, and actually do a good job of it, and the talks of Platinum planning something with Valve, we'll begin to see more Japanese games on the PC. I would love to play Bayonetta or Armored Core with a stable fps, and you'd think the developers would want their games to be played that way...

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    Yeah I second that the PC does seem to miss out on quite a lot of the bright colourful and rather fun looking action adventure and/or platform games (though we did, thankfully, get Psychonauts), which I've always thought was a bit of a shame.

    It was why I was initially glad to see Darksiders (albeit I'd have preferred something actually bright and colourful, although the gameplay was initially satisfying the aesthetics don't particularly appeal to me) until I gave up in frustration at the damage sponge of the first proper boss.
    You're quite right, except I quite liked the stylings of Darksiders. I can't get me enough of angels and demons and apocalyptic wars.

  7. #87
    And what about games does each console miss out on that are only for PC, and games that are only on certain consoles.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,093
    I could go for Devil May Cry.

    Everything else has been ported, is garbage, or overrated mediocrity.

  9. #89
    Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Estados Unidos
    Posts
    655
    Mark me down for a Devil May Cry, too. Also Red Dead Redemption.

  10. #90
    Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    608
    The PC port of DMC 3 is decent.

  11. #91
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    Unless you'd count Skyrim and Baldur's Gate as being in seperate genres too as one is in first person and the other is top down?
    They're absolutely separate genres. One is a party-based ATP game, the other is a first person sandbox ARPG. In one combat is a challenge requiring examination and tactics, in the other combat is a way to reward characters for exploring.

  12. #92
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    Yeah I second that the PC does seem to miss out on quite a lot of the bright colourful and rather fun looking action adventure and/or platform games (though we did, thankfully, get Psychonauts), which I've always thought was a bit of a shame.

    It was why I was initially glad to see Darksiders (albeit I'd have preferred something actually bright and colourful, although the gameplay was initially satisfying the aesthetics don't particularly appeal to me) until I gave up in frustration at the damage sponge of the first proper boss.
    They're 2D but Pixeljunk Eden and Rayman Origins seem to fit the bill. Also Sonic Generations.

  13. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    They're absolutely separate genres. One is a party-based ATP game, the other is a first person sandbox ARPG. In one combat is a challenge requiring examination and tactics, in the other combat is a way to reward characters for exploring.
    Different gameplay mechanics perhaps yet both are ultimately RPG's and thus very much in the same genre.

    Much like how Blackjack and Roulette are both very different games yet still gambling games.

  14. #94
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    1,231
    I'm weary of having to emulate my Spyro, Croc, Gex, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter and Crash Bandicoot games. I was hooked on them when they were released and I'm still hooked on them now. I just don't want to have to lug consoles and TVs about with me whenever I move, which is all too often. A lot of my favourite Megadrive games have seen ports or had PC versions at the time, so there's no real loss there.

    The big game I can think of that the PC is missing out on, is The World Ends With You. That said, I can't see how it'd work out all that well, while the mouse can emulate the stylus pretty well, I just don't think it'd play as intuitively. A Wacom, perhaps. But damn... what a game.
    mickygor, Battlefield 3
    Otmer, League of Legends EUW
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC

  15. #95
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Yup because its way more fun and I don't worship Valve.

    It's got far more in the way of gameplay and mechanics than Counterstrike: Zombies edition.
    Damn , if you think l4d was about that you either never played versus or were so drunk/sleep deprived/fell on your head the day before that you really didn't get it.

  16. #96
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    That hellhole known as "Spain"
    Posts
    1,693
    Quote Originally Posted by mickygor View Post
    The big game I can think of that the PC is missing out on, is The World Ends With You. That said, I can't see how it'd work out all that well, while the mouse can emulate the stylus pretty well, I just don't think it'd play as intuitively. A Wacom, perhaps. But damn... what a game.
    Yeah a mouse wouldn't be the same... I don't think this one would work. Pity though, this game alone made my purchase of a DS worth it.

  17. #97
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    GMT-7
    Posts
    3,073
    TWEWY was the only DS game that really made me question the dual-screen concept. I didn't feel like I had enough eyes.

  18. #98
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    That hellhole known as "Spain"
    Posts
    1,693
    Clearly a game developed for a superior race.

  19. #99
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    Different gameplay mechanics perhaps yet both are ultimately RPG's and thus very much in the same genre.

    Much like how Blackjack and Roulette are both very different games yet still gambling games.
    Ugh, I don't want to get into definitions of RPG but that's purposefully reductive. If you use a definition of RPG that broad, than half the games made are RPGs, which leads to an inability to use genre as an accurate descriptor. That's why it's more productive to use gameplay and camera angle as descriptors than genre. Baldur's Gate looks nothing like Skyrim. It plays nothing like Skyrim.

    It's silly to compare L4D and Dead Nation, when there are games far closer to it on PC. There's Zombie Shooter 2 and Nation Red, All Zombies Must Die, or to a lesser extent Renegade Ops and Alien Swarm.

    And blackjack is a card game before it is a gambling game. How often do people play roulette at home?
    Last edited by Internet; 04-12-2012 at 02:01 PM.

  20. #100
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    1,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Yeah a mouse wouldn't be the same... I don't think this one would work. Pity though, this game alone made my purchase of a DS worth it.
    Definitely, yea. When I got my DSi, I'd mostly got it for the pokémon games, but they were left in the wayside for Advance Wars and TWEWY.
    mickygor, Battlefield 3
    Otmer, League of Legends EUW
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •