Network Hub

Battlefield 3: Aftermath DLC will be made available for PC gamers next week

DICE finally launches the fourth post-release downloadable content (DLC) for Battlefield 3. For now, only the PS3 gamers who have Premium membership can enjoy the new maps, new crossbow, character models, new vehicles, trophies and a new mode, a report from Game Arena said. This is part of the developer's promise to release new contents until a new Battlefield will be released.

PC and Xbox 360 gamers will be able to download the content next week. According to GamingBolt.com, this expansion pack is the "weakest of the bunch" because it "seems like DICE is losing a little motivation when it comes to creating these maps." Nevertheless, Aftermath brings excitement and new challenges especially for people who have been bored playing the previous DLC, Armored Kill.

There will be another DLC that will be released in 2013, it's called End Game. I'm a PC gamer so I'll have to wait 'til next before I could lay my hands on this DLC. Anybody who have played this already?

It's out tomorrow for Premium PC players.

Also, why would you link to that GamingBolt article? Are you a professional linkbuilder? Because, the anchor text suggests so and that article is absolutely godawful with tons of contradictions so I'm wondering if you're just trying to raise it's profile.
    Last edited by DWZippy; 03-12-2012 at 05:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Banned
    I've barely played the other expansions :|

Battlefield just doesn't seem to be able to draw me in.

Premium was a wasted purchased for me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    I enjoyed BF3 a lot (even if it was too snipey/campy heavy for my tastes), but I skipped out on Premium. Close Quarters looked like just what I wanted, but the rest was pretty "meh".

Here's hoping we get BC3 soon.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Aftermath looks nice, will buy. I decided not to buy the Premium though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Close Quarters was nice, although quite performance heavy [i haven't noticed but a friend that can play the main game struggles with "HD DESTRUCTION". I play Hardcore primarily, and Armoured Kill has been utter shit because of that. It unlocked no new weapons, a handful of new vehicles [but only on the new maps] and is definitely the weakest expansion so far. I'm interested to see how the crossbows will change gameplay, but I want a new selection of weapons in Endgame or i'll be displeased.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I really liked Close Quarters, really liked 3/4 of Armored Kill, and am really looking forward to Aftermath. Bring it on!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    I played BF3 extensively - even joined a clan - until two things happened:

1) They published a schedule of paid mappacks
    2) They used the word "premium."

The problem with BF3's first mappack (other than that it cost too much money) was that it turned a three-map game into a three-map game. Everybody just switched to the new maps they liked, and clan servers just stuck with a separate but equally limited map rotation. The best players were still the ones that learned the maps quickest, and so it felt like a treadmill: Want to keep up? Buy the mappack when it's out and no later than that. It's like the developers found the perfect way to subdivide what was already an annual system of selling the same game over and over.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Yeah, I think the player has a large part of it.

Honestly, I have never been a huge battlefield fan. I enjoyed 1942 but 2 and 2142 both struck me as "meh" (I especially disliked the sniper-heavy gameplay from 2). Bad Company 2 was a godsend: It had the close-ish quarters chaos and action of a Call of Duty while still having vehicles and (light) strategy.

BF3 has moments, but I find I have to be VERY lucky on what maps I play on, and the shift toward "I am going to snipe because I'll have a huge kill count" is back. Which, ironically, does work to a degree. Because while more patient people flank and do objectives, I keep dying :p.

But I will say that the Aftermath gametype sounds really fun.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

I'm still stuck in BF3 and loving it. I got Premium too and dont regret it at all.

Maybe I'm just a fool though