Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar

Cool [ALL] The RPS Summer Sports Day!

I reckon it's about time to have a silly summer sports day extravaganza!
    My suggestion would be to have a number of "games" in one evening with some prizes (tbc).

- Escape Hossin: Teams of 4/6 are dropped somewhere on Hossin and need to find home
    - Harasser racing
    - Knife royal rumble
    - Whale royal rumble
    - Max punch royal rumble
    - Hunt the stalker: One stalker hidden in a base. First to find them wins.

Any suggestions on games and dates?
    Steam: Cephas00 | Planetside 2: Cephas00(VS) - CephasTheSecond(NC)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I will not sleep on the floor. The fuck do you take me for? I teach students, I am not one.

I am a bit of a serious gamer so the whale hugging, knife/max fights doesn't appeal to me but things like racing and hunts etc would.

I thought of an idea for an event a couple of days ago I haven't mentioned yet, its similiar to what your first event is with Hossin. The idea is we get a valk and travel discretely to the deepest part of enemy territory, when we get there we must make sure everyone is deafened on mumble, and everyone disables their HUD and we must try and get back to the warpgate using only squad chat and what we see infront of us with no map or anything to guide us. We can even create seperate squads and make a race for this to see who gets back first. Hossin would be best with all the cover on it.

Another idea is like Hunt the Stalker except you have a few people logging on an opposing team, they hide in bases and tell a squad on the other team which bases their at, prefferably ones a bit away from the action and the squad has to find and eliminate the targets but with a twist, they got one life and must eliminate all targets asap. We could record the timings and the squad names and make a competition out of it as to who can eliminate the VIPs the fastest.
    Last edited by Challenger2uk; 01-07-2015 at 06:45 PM.

I think this is something that'd have to be spread out across a week, some events take quite a while to do. Survivalism was great fun last time so we could probably kick-start it off with that, moving onto other events throughout the week.

Perhaps have a different take on last times version and give people access to harassers and flashes, they still have to keep their HUDs off.

We could also do some form of "get to the chopper". We get about 8-12 people on one team. They're given the location of 2 valkyrie extraction vehicles. They must turn their HUDs off and make it their alive, all the while being hunted by 2-3 enemy infils who are allowed their HUD, a couple of crossbow bolts, 10 sniper rounds and a knife. The hunters win when they kill the entire enemy team, the surviors win when they reach the valks and fly off to safety.

Other ideas include flash jousting, 2 flashes drive at each other while the person on the rumble seat has to kill the driver of the enemy flash with their lancer.

Mexican standoff, a classic event. Three people stand facing each other with pistols, last one standing wins. Simple enough.

Have the knife duels take place atop floating gals and valks in the air.

Pirates! Two teams, each with a gal. everyone stands atop their gal, the goal is to commandeer the enemy gal. Do this by jumping from one gal to the other. Only pirate themed weapons allowed, so basically knives and any weapon which bears a resemblance to flint-locks in either mechanics or looks. The archer would probably be allowed due to long reload time, and also holiday special weapons like the snowball, candy-cannon and flare gun.

I think planning out a set number of events for each night, each with a similar theme should be the simplest, perhaps 2-4 events a night throughout the week? That way people can just show up for the events they want to and people with other commitments won't miss all the fun.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain--Elite dangerous: CMDR Douglas Richardson--Warframe: GaryTheHobo

"Gorn is like the rabbit from monty python, a souless stabbing machine with a cute & cuddly exterior"
    ~Grumpyphysicist

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hossin survival no mumble sounds interesting.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

doesn't it just make it unwelcoming to people without in game coms?
    Planetside 2 VS: urgetodestroy NC: meansofdestruction

If we made it text only it'd be fun.
    I will not sleep on the floor. The fuck do you take me for? I teach students, I am not one.

Cephas - I have the codes that Boff sent me for various loots and whatnot. Yours to use for this as your see fit me ol' chum.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    What do we think about inviting some other outfits?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by stoopiduk View Post
    Cephas - I have the codes that Boff sent me for various loots and whatnot. Yours to use for this as your see fit me ol' chum.
    I have a strong feeling they won't work anymore unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Boffinboots View Post
    Could do! If people are willing to help out and possibly run a few events side by side I'd be up for that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    Could do! If people are willing to help out and possibly run a few events side by side I'd be up for that.
    I'm thinking talk a few folk we know on the quiet like, would be nice to get a bit of goodwill kicking around.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Also add some variant of warpgate football to the events.

Quote Originally Posted by Boffinboots View Post
    I see no reason not to, we've done similar cross-outfit events before and had them be enjoyable to all.

FRC, PCG (saw a small squad of them about the other day so a few of them are still around) and WASP all come directly to mind.

Obviously we wouldn't be inviting the whole server, several other outfits come to mind as people we definitely don't want to work with.
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain--Elite dangerous: CMDR Douglas Richardson--Warframe: GaryTheHobo

"Gorn is like the rabbit from monty python, a souless stabbing machine with a cute & cuddly exterior"
    ~Grumpyphysicist

Sweet let's do it.

Mid week or weekend event?

Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    Sweet let's do it.

Mid week or weekend event?
    Weekend event would probably be easier, so that it doesn't interfere with stratgir and Freedom Friday. Saturday through Monday would probably work out the best.

~Grumpyphysicist

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    Weekend event would probably be easier, so that it doesn't interfere with stratgir and Freedom Friday. Saturday through Monday would probably work out the best.
    Sunday is Miller NC ops, probably a decent chunk non-pretentious pop we could tap.

Question is - Live Server, Jaeger or a mix of both?

Last weekend of July?

As much as I'd love to partake in this, PS2 just runs too crappy for me to even attempt it.
    I'd be happy to help out, though.
    Just lemme know if there's anything I can do.