Results 1 to 18 of 18
20-06-2013, 11:19 AM #1
Resource Thread - Links, info & useful media
Since many have been asking questions both about specific mechanics and general state of the game and updates news, here is a compilation of Planetside 2 resources from the web:
- Steam Client. Get this, so you can set up a SOE account. Disable the Steam Overlay though, so you don't get a hit in performance: http://store.steampowered.com/app/21...snr=1_7_15__13
- NVidia Game Tweaking Guide: Extremely thorough and well-written. Although by NVidia, the tweaks discussed apply to all GPUs (except for PhysX of course). For maximising your FPS and viewing experience: http://www.geforce.co.uk/whats-new/g...-tweak-guide#1
- Planetside 2: http://www.planetside2.com
- Forums. Biohazard warning: occasionally extremely toxic, as Cortosis once said "it's like the comments secion in youtube". The Announcements subforum is where they post update notification and patch notes: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php
- Players' stats: https://www.planetside2.com/players/
- Twitch TV channel. Past and new episodes of Command Center (presented by Higby and TRay) and Friday Night Ops (FNO - Luperza): www.twitch.tv/planetside2
- Public Test Server:
- Client for SOE and Steam accounts: http://launch.soe.com/installer/PS2_Test_setup.exe
- Client for ProSieben accounts: http://launch.soe.com/installer/PS2_PSG-Livetest_setup.exe
- Planetside 2 Wikia: http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/PlanetSide_2_Wiki
Skills, tactics, leadership:
- [VAST] basic tactics infographics. Six simple infographics which cover the basics for infantry: http://imgur.com/a/kjgdO#0
- Attlas. Good Squad and Platoon Leading videos, discussing tactics, communication, etc. https://www.youtube.com/user/Attlas93?feature=watch
- Squadside: Interesting blog discussing leadership and tactics, with lots of useful diagrams. http://www.squadside.com/
- Wrel. Best PS2 youtuber. Weapon and cert reviews, guides, thoughts about the game: https://www.youtube.com/user/WarpathWrel
- MattiAce. Especially the following playlist about aim and fire. Lately he is soapboxing a lot about ESFs (having become a sky-knight ace #MLGPRO #YOLO): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Nwek7NGJLZVVgO
- Itzmurda. In-depth analysis of game mechanics such as the various mouse sensitivities, graphics options, amazing infiltrator guide, etc, plus gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/user/xItZMuRdAx
- Moukass1. Some killstreaks with analysis, highlighting situational awareness, movement and positioning. https://www.youtube.com/user/Moukass1?feature=watch
Tweets & news:
- Planetside 2 Tracker. Tracks posts of the PS2 development team in Twitter, the forums and Reddit. If you'd like to follow individual devs, get the twitter accounts from here: http://www.ps2tracker.net/
- @PS2DailyDeals. Daily deals, plus bundle offers, discounts, etc: https://twitter.com/PS2DailyDeals
- Miller outfits' twitter list. Incomplete, but useful: https://twitter.com/RPSPlanetside2/m...utfits/members
- Planetise subreddit. The "unofficial official forums". Best and most active forum for PS2 discussion. Besides Twitter, this is the forum that devs are the most active on: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/
- Miller server subreddit. Not very active, but still useful: http://www.reddit.com/r/MillerPlanetside/
- Planetside Universe. Besides the official forums, it is one of the main forums for PS2 discussion. Developers post there, and the host of PSU is one of the most active and vocal members of the PS2 community. Also features character and outfit stats and a wiki: http://www.planetside-universe.com/
- Imperial Reach. An outfit page, but the podcast, for those with patience (not me!), is informative, and hosts interviews with devs occasionally: http://imperialreach.com/
- The Mittani. Shout out to our Goons. It features occasional articles and interviews about Planetside 2: http://www.themittani.com
- PS2 Maps. Ownership status updated in real time. They'll implement drawing on the map sometime in the future, plus other cool features: http://www.ps2maps.com
- PS2builder. Character builder for PS2, useful for calculating how many certs you need to progress a class or vehicle, useful for planning your character in the beginning: http://www.ps2builder.com/
- Weapon Damage Analyzer: Calculates damage, damage/magazine, ttk and DPS for infantry weapons. Takes into account type of ammunition, if applicable, and also hypothetical user accuracy. http://ps2model-axiom.rhcloud.com/
- PS2 Damage Calculator. Calculates damage to vehicles, taking into account weapon inflicting the damage, cert upgrades, fire modes, angle of attack, etc: http://www.ps2calc.com/
Statistics & Data Analysis:
- THE SPREADSHEET. Up to date stats of all weapons. At Google Docs.
- Outfit Points. Data and stats about outfits: http://outfitpoints.com/home/index. Rock Planet Shotgun [RPS] (the Vanu outfit on Miller Server) has an advanced account, thanks to Ksempac (IIRC). This is the RPS page.
- DasAnfall stats: Extremely detailed infantry statistics, with an emphasis on the competitive side of the game. Requires registration code, but these float around, and after a while new users can generate codes. http://stats.dasanfall.com/
- Planetside Intel: http://www.planetside-intel.com/
- Planetside 2 Population. Graphs of users logged in per hour. http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php
- The Rebel Scum Population monitor: More accurate population monitor. Samples are per 10 minutes. http://www.therebelscum.net/world-po...d_id=10&zoom=3
Last edited by MrEclectic; 04-04-2014 at 01:04 PM.
20-06-2013, 11:20 AM #2
20-06-2013, 11:20 AM #3
28-06-2013, 11:14 PM #4
29-06-2013, 11:30 AM #5
10-07-2013, 06:53 PM #6- Tom De Roeck.
"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."
"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."
"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."
"At least he has some personality."
21-07-2013, 10:51 AM #7
Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I can't seem to start a new thread.
Is there a resource for the upload and sharing of various hardware profiles (for gaming mice/keyboards etc)? I just got a new Corsair M90 and was wondering the best way to have the bindings.
21-07-2013, 11:29 AM #8
07-10-2013, 09:29 PM #9
09-10-2013, 12:46 PM #10
18-10-2013, 02:33 AM #11
22-10-2013, 01:29 PM #12
23-10-2013, 08:08 AM #13
May I suggest we add the in house equipment and certs guides to this?
Links for convenience.
08-11-2013, 04:54 PM #14
03-04-2014, 06:24 PM #15
19-04-2014, 04:55 AM #16
16-09-2014, 06:34 PM #17
16-09-2014, 06:54 PM #18
- Join Date
- Jan 2013