Page 11 of 90 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Nice one for leading RIDE, was good fun tonight and it's nice to see everyone working together. It's the only way to play. Can't wait til next time.

Yep, even though we were swamped every now and then we still had some great fights. Personally I really enjoyed the first half of the Impact Site fight and the max crashes in biolabs, as well as just working well as a team. And on that related note, thanks to the 'raffes in Charlie for being a pleasure to herd as a beacon, though I hope next time we'll have 100% of us in mumble.

Damnit, I wanted to be there. D:
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus NickWhite's Avatar

Tactical Giraffe is tactical...

Big strategic pats on the back to all squads, SLs and PL Ridebird, who steered the good ship Giraffe to her destination with a velvet glove. We did the Vanu proud in the face of a TR zurg roughly the size of Mt Everest. Finally, a quick thanks to Delta squad for sticking with me on my first outing as SL. I really enjoyed leading you all to your death and i hope you did to.

Comms setup working perfectly. The turnout and attitude of everyone tonight was impeccable as usual. All in all a Good night of Laser shooter-ing. The highlight probably being Delta's Thelma and Louise moment in the Sundie, no thanks to Rotekian and his Wile E. Coyote grasp of Gravity. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq_bj...etailpage#t=7s

Magnificent.

Mee tooo :c

Two weeks in a row now I've made a real effort to make sure my Thursday nights are free for Strategic, and twice something's come out the blue at the last minute and I've had to miss it. Sounds like you had a good night too!

Yeah, thanks for tonight! The organization, both ingame and on Mumble, was top-notch.

That battle on the impact site bridge was pretty fun

until an enemy flash rammed me and sent me flying off it. Avenge me DrFractal!

Also, when stuck to the rear end of a giraffe gal you have to create your own action

I think this one makes for a pretty nifty wallpaper.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    That bridgefight was epic. Tried to record it a bit but forgot to change the quality. But damn does nightfighting as Vanu look good... PEW PEW PEW

Obscure Node
    These Thursdays are the best part of my Planetside 2 week so thanks to all the organisers I had a lot of fun last night, lost all track of time!

BRAVO SQUAD / BROWN SQUAD / AMBER SQUAD represent!

Activated Node
    I really wanted to get involved last night but I ended up eating all of the curry and falling asleep.

Damn my greed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    First: Last night seemed to go really well organization wise, seems we finally got things working pretty well, except a few people who didn't join mumble. I'm all for kicking them from StartGir in future (there's no reason that their can't also be a non-strat platoon on the night), but not at least listening on mumble is a problem.

Second: Over in Bravo we seemed to spend a lot of time ghost-capping, then getting stomped by an entire enemy platoon. That showed up later. There were some fun battles, but while the rest of the platoon seemed to spend a lot of time together and 10-12 people isn't enough to cover anti-air, anti-armor, support for the above 2 and anti-inf all at once, so we fell quickly to any combined arms assaults on our own.

Third: Sorry JimmyJazz for perhaps giving you a hard time at some points. The ribbing was intended to be lighthearted. The chatter was just well, that, sorry if it got too confusing at times.

All in all, a good night, and the first time I've enjoyed a Start Thurs more than the preceding Purple Weds.

BIG Strategic pats on the back to each and everyone involved last night, a brilliant turnout as usual. You ALL make thursday nights what they are, so thankyou for feeding the Giraffe.

Thumbs up also to you Ridebird for a successful outing as PL, steering us to our destination with a velvet glove. The way that you involved the squad leads in some of the decision making was nice. Even if high command did start throwing their toys out of the pram, that south-eastern NC "push" was needed to break the stalemate and we gained valuable ground there. In the face of that unrelenting TR zerg you displayed a Scandinavian nonchalance that a drowzy, casually dressed Bjorn Borg could only dream of emulating...

A big thanks to my belter of a Delta Squad for making my first outing as SL brilliant fun. I really enjoyed repeatedly leading you to your inevitable and untimely deaths.

Highlights: Delta's Thelma & Louise moment in the Sundie. No thanks to Rotekians Wile E. Coyote inspired grasp of gravity. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature..._bjaI0NTo#t=8s Pioneers in early Sunderer flight technology.

Here is a picture of strategic Giraffes. This is us.

EDIT: Comms format works brill (Oh Cooper, youuu). Platoon structure worked ok last night also, non of this "dedicated air/armour squad" stuff. That kind of thing should be at your discression, or when it's needed. Not a constant role. The zerg is for that. Whilst i do conceed, when we get some great pilots online air supiriority can be invaluable.
    Last edited by NickWhite; 11-01-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Charlie experienced the same as Bravo in regards to being overrun towards the end of a ghost cap. I think we as a platoon may have overextended ourselves a little from time to time, making reinforcing where necessary a little bit more difficult than it ought to have been. But overall I think things went pretty smoothly. There just happened to be a veritable shitload of TR swarming in as Amerish was being capped. Damn NC being unable to do things right on their continents..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    A bit spread out at times, yeah. Sorry I didn't catch that people were not in Mumble. For future reference, if you're SL and people are not in Mumble or following orders, tell me and they will be kicked and not allowed back in. I'm super srs about this - if you are in stratgir YOU ARE IN MUMBLE. No reasons for not being there are valid, you'll have to play alone if you're not on there. You do not need a microphone, but you MUST listen.

Comms format and platoon structure was totally perfect last night and got everyone to play together. It was really great to see. If you're totally new btw, stratgir (thursdays) is not the night to jump in. I think we might have had a few of those last night (non-mumble dudes).

And, may I please state again that SLs are pretty much omnipotent leaders these nights. I know I might have made a shitty decision or fifteen, but you have no idea how much it is to keep track of constantly. I should've explained my thinking more though, but we usually go through this in SL chat and discuss before deciding.

Regarding command last night it worked very well to have fairly independent SLs and me just choosing a general direction or spread of squads. It was very, very calming and made my life much easier to see SLs take decisions on their own and choose their own methods of approach. I think that's the only way to roll, because I could somewhat SL Alpha and be PL without auto-dying of stress.

So, basically - PL decisions made in discussion between SLs = awesome.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    For future reference, if you're SL and people are not in Mumble or following orders, tell me and they will be kicked and not allowed back in. I'm super srs about this - if you are in stratgir YOU ARE IN MUMBLE. No reasons for not being there are valid, you'll have to play alone if you're not on there. You do not need a microphone, but you MUST listen.
    Good policy. How we use voice comms, I think, make all the difference between an organised operation and the roiling, but usually enjoyable, chaos that are any other evening.

Also, good job everyone, especially Ridebird! Playing in Alpha was good fun.

Obscure Node
    I had a lot of fun as well, though it was rather embarassing today to find out that I had been talking and mumble hadn't been picking up any of it, heh.

The communication and leadership aspect worked so well that I think it would be cool if we could try use it more often on a smaller scale if we can get a certain amount of people in on it while rolling on a normal night and have one of our esteemed balloon leaders with us to make the final decisions. Not to force the full stratgir thing, but to strengthen leadership skills of all leaders and allow us to learn how to play off each others' strengths better in the future when it really counts.

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    A bit spread out at times, yeah. Sorry I didn't catch that people were not in Mumble. For future reference, if you're SL and people are not in Mumble or following orders, tell me and they will be kicked and not allowed back in. I'm super srs about this - if you are in stratgir YOU ARE IN MUMBLE. No reasons for not being there are valid, you'll have to play alone if you're not on there. You do not need a microphone, but you MUST listen.

Well... Just kicking people who are potentially new to the group, game or StratGir will eventually do more damage than good. As long as we cleary state via word of mouth or in the recruitment & promotions bit for the StratGir outfit: "Hey! Being in mumble is a requirement for playing Thursday StratGir." with a link to that post on how to set it up. Don't get me wrong though, it is infuriating when someone in your squad isnt in Mumble.

'raffes are over 200 strong now i think? I remember overhearing someone say that we're in the top 3 or 4 Outfits on Miller? (we're at least the prettiest/tallest). Reckon i had at least 3 new players in my squad on Thursday night. Good times!

In the future we'll just name the platoon/squads Stratgir MUMBLE REQUIRED, and no, it will not do damage. It's just one night, and if we explain people should understand. Besides, setting up mumble takes <3 minutes.

People can join and do whatever they want on other nights, but I am not having my SLs deal with non-mumble folks on thursdays.

That said, Cooper, can you update the first page of this thread with like a MUMBLE REQUIRED thing?

Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    'raffes are over 200 strong now i think? I remember overhearing someone say that we're in the top 3 or 4 Outfits on Miller? (we're at least the prettiest/tallest). Reckon i had at least 3 new players in my squad on Thursday night. Good times!
    Last I looked we're closer to 600.