Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Also, to add, if Im going to be PL for stratgir, I need to know a week in advance.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Btw; tonight's session was not really good for my morale, knowing what kind of resistance we're likely going to be facing tomorrow...
    The Strategic Giraffes laugh in the face of any form of resistance! It may have been a stalemate, but it was a very entertaining one!

Perhaps we should instigate the Vanu Alliance a bit more on Thursdays at least. Lead from the front... We got BURP on board tonight and they helped us with Munitions, and we all saw how brilliant that turned out to be.

Maybe tomorrow we could at least try to coordinate with other outfits right from the start? If they even reply...
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yes, that would be very good. Maybe we should designate a "communications officer" for the night, someone who can concentrate on coordinating with other platoons or outfits. I suppose that could be the PL, but it might be nice to offload some of that responsibility on someone else.

I've added a bunch of BURP guys to my friends list in preparation for tomorrow. Any other tips for good people to contact are welcome. Maybe we should create a thread for allied contacts?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    TVA peeps worth keeping an eye out for (usually they're in command chat) (Off the top of my head)
    MDK:
    Pirutoko
    Kelron

ISK:
    ISKNemesis
    Thunderhawk
    Nyctalgia

VC
    Stanis
    BastiVS
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, I've thought before a "comms officer" for TVA etc would be a good idea, I know that even more streams of chat would be overwhelming as PL though.

I was going to put myself forward for PL this week, but looks like Estoeric is well geared up for things.

I'd say that perhaps not all squad leaders should be new - it's good to have a mix of experience and new blood.

Also, although RIDEBIRD doesn't do it, I think a lot of PLs, especially those new to it, may benefit from having someone to lead all the squads, rather than tring to SL and PL at once.

@ Esoteric 'Special Envoy of RPS Communications to The Vanu Aliance'. Does it come with a private galaxy, swanky embassy on Amerish and free dental care? If so, put my name down!!

@ CMaster Agreed with all the above. Plus as i imagine it would/could be quite a time consuming and attention grabbing thing, designated person/people as Comms Officer would perhaps be best. Which i don't mind filling, if the more prominent RPS names amongst us don't fancy it.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    I'd say that perhaps not all squad leaders should be new - it's good to have a mix of experience and new blood.
    I would agree with this, there's experience to be shared between us in the midst of an operation that could speed up the learning process when leaders talk strategy with each other. Additionally, I think it's important to have the newly initiated leaders actually get enough experience in a sensible time frame so they can actually become good at their jobs instead of waiting so long between each go that they don't get anywhere. Having plenty of leaders is good, but only if they are allowed to become sufficiently competent.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Comms dude should be someone else then the PL, yeah. Unless it's just everyday stuff. I had no issues talking to Starkey and PLing yesterday, but doing it while stratgir + SL would be too much.
    Find me on the Steams

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Can PLs be in command chat if they aren't also SL now, btw?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Dont think so, at least it did not work for me over the weekend.

Comms would be useful.

But on nights that I PL I tend to both PL and spend a lot of time in /command and using /t between outfits.

It means I hardly move and earn basically zero certs. I'm tempted to get the Radar upgrade for the Sundy as a kind of pseudo-Mobile Command Vehicle and just sit in it behind the lines on the nights I spend more time organising VS than grunting about...
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Well.. I thank the universe for my multitasking abilities I guess. I have no issues playing, talking, strategizing and PLing. Then again I would probably be better if I focused on one of these things but I get a slight panic if my brain isn't working 110% and has a lot to focus on.

Cycling through outfit men to chat with with the in-game chat window would prolly break me though. One is enough.
    Find me on the Steams

@RIDEBIRD It's probably because I try to make as much use of /orders as possible on some nights.

Given the /orders restrictions (1 every 5 mins, tqitter-length messages) cramming enough useful direction in their based upon info from other platoons and the maps is laborious.

But it works. Nights where I've spent it with my nose in the map, in command chat, with tells and with info from the RPS platoon have seen an improvement in the effectiveness of the VS on a large scale.

Basically: /orders works. We should try to use it more.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

I am really bad with orders, that is true. I must say I never really dare to use it. Leader is a different thing - you can discuss stuff and people generally make it REALLY clear if what you're thinking is a dumb idea. There are a lot of PS1 vets on, and I just feel like who am I to give orders?

I'm kinda afraid to fuck it up. But then again, a faulty direction is generally better then no direction. I just try to use /order for more motivational stuff right now, but I'll try to use it to direct the zerg more, as it needs to be done.
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah do not look at orders as actual orders to someone, its more of a direction for the zerg to take. Because really most of the non outfit guys just want somewhere to shoot lazers together with other disco dudes. So saying "Attack the biolab" just points them in the right direction for a party. The outfits usually do not care because they already have their own plan so its not them you are telling to do something.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Tonight's Bravo squad.

Tonight's Bravo squad.
    Awwwww, I completely forgot to get a photo. I'm sorry Charlie!!!

Tonight's Bravo squad.
    Damn it, you got me with my back turned! :P

I award to EsotericReverie The (horrendously GIMP'd) Exemplary Giraffe Medallion, for a fun, well led and very productive night. Getting together for a debrief at the end was a great idea, a lot of good points were raised. Thank you!

Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    Damn it cmaster :P, I was in bravo, you coulda taken it when I joined back in :'(.. I think we should make a point of taking some decent size platoon photos and squad photos. Its a nice little bonding and coordination exersize, and it makes for a bit of chatter without too much seriousness.

Also: I think the comms officer role could prove to be very boring and/or annoying in the long run, though i can see the potential use. Whether other platoons actually cooperate is another thing...

Theres also the fact that somebody constantly in communication via chat with other people will probably do a lot of sitting around. I think it might end up being one of those roles people just stay silent for when volunteers are asked for.