Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Was thinking I'd come on tonight and sound out if anyone wanted PL, with a view to doing it myself.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jaguar skills's Avatar
    Bearing in mind the friction from yesterday we needed some positivity and everyone delivered tonight. Awesome job cmaster and esoteric in particular for helping make it productive yet fun! Reminded me why I felt so drawn to the outfit and the game in the first place. Oh and it's not a competition but bravo was obviously the best squad. Obviously.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Was thinking I'd come on tonight and sound out if anyone wanted PL, with a view to doing it myself.
    And what a good job you did! Lots of hugs and kisses and everything.

We went on and secured that continent lock after you left, then went back to warpgate for our most whimsical "debriefing" to date. Had a pretty decent fight against the last brave (or are you brave only if you win?) TR.

The people at the debrief (read: mostly everyone) seemed to have been having fun. Winning is always fun, certainly, but even before that people seemed pleased, and so should you. Good job CMaster, and good job everyone else as well!

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar skills View Post
    Oh and it's not a competition but bravo was obviously the best squad. Obviously.
    That goes without saying. We were also the most populated squad. Whatever that means. Good game tonight, anyway!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah it was funny.
    Everyone (well, lots of people) asked to be put into Charlie squad.
    But while Delta and Charlie depleted throughout the night, no spaces ever seemed to open up in Bravo.

I really hope everyone had fun, any feedback is welcome.
    With Alpha never getting any people in, I had no real feel for how people were finding things (other than knowing that people were itching for a fight early on, as TR vanished like the mist). I logged back in to see we had the lock though, great work for the lowest pop faction to have a double lock!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Super strong actually, makes me happy. There is hope for Vanu yet. Great job dudes.

I could only join for like 30 minutes, but what I played was great fun.
    Find me on the Steams

Aaargh.

First off, Charlie was a pretty independant squad, I got the feeling at times that we were hitting concrete blocks (going from crux HQ to blackshard, for example), but most of all, I couldnt concentrate due to two things:

1)I was the RPS dayshift SL the entire day before and b) I could not hear my squad telling me important stuff while CMaster was discussing several things with rev and jickelson. no wait, what was his name again?

Either way, I dont know if this is going to be a problem in the future as well, but I recommend we (StratGir PLs) switch to separate squad comms as well. I would be using numpad numbers. So we have it set up atleast, even if we dont use it in the end.

Note: I might not make sense perse, Im still so completely drained from yesterday, so it must have also been being slightly sick or the weather changing or whatever.

Note Note: I also had the impression that Charlie pulled our collective arses out of the fire at crux HQ. I dont mean me, I mean my squad. As I said, I was just running and gunning and giving an order or two. No offence to delta, but they didnt seem that organised. Or did I just end up getting all the experienced players?

Note note note: nothing against any PL or SL, by the way.

note note note note: aaarghghfrdtf
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 15-02-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

I've only squad led on Thursdays, and I found I had similar issues. You have several individuals and groups who can talk to each other, but may not be able to hear each other. There are advantages and disadvantages to the split channel setup, and this is a major disadvantage we need to find a way of addressing. Somehow. The BL seems to have no way of knowing if other people are talking at the same time he intends to talk. SLs can't hear what the BL is saying because squad-mates are passing on important engagement info. SLs can't hear combat info because the Bl is busy discussing things/ delivering orders with/ to the other SLs in the platoon.

Quote Originally Posted by laldy View Post
    I've only squad led on Thursdays, and I found I had similar issues. You have several individuals and groups who can talk to each other, but may not be able to hear each other. There are advantages and disadvantages to the split channel setup, and this is a major disadvantage we need to find a way of addressing. Somehow. The BL seems to have no way of knowing if other people are talking at the same time he intends to talk. SLs can't hear what the BL is saying because squad-mates are passing on important engagement info. SLs can't hear combat info because the Bl is busy discussing things/ delivering orders with/ to the other SLs in the platoon.
    Yeah, that should theoretically go away as soon as the PL talks to single SLs, and not just blanket talk to them all at the same time. Which is how its set up right now.

I mean, I remember a scene from Aliens where capone (the sarge) tells his marines to shut it because hes getting an important message. Something like that should work for very short time periods, when the squad is getting orders. Maybe a short anouncement that the squads are going to get orders in 5 seconds or so.

But that of course leads down to more PL dominance and less SL all togetherness. Which I tend to go for in a strategic night, but it might blind the PL a bit. So we need to strike a good balance here.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Who's up for tonight? I'd like to lead another specialized Delta Force with smoke, silencers, NV and cool shit. Basically a more serious SPECGIR team then last night.
    Find me on the Steams

For the first time in a few weeks I don't have a D&D game on thursday, so I think I'm up for that. I have the Solstice SF with all those things.

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Who's up for tonight? I'd like to lead another specialized Delta Force with smoke, silencers, NV and cool shit. Basically a more serious SPECGIR team then last night.
    Yes! Pick me! Pick me! I've really been aching to do something like this for-like-ever-and-ever. *I also have all of that for my Engineer, not the silencer for my medic, though, but have a hundred certs lying about.

I really enjoyed the setup in Delta last night, so i'll be joining you guys also.

I suggest naming the platoon 'RPS - Rainbow Warrior Force' if we end up running it as a second Platoon. (;
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

totally this. I'll bring my kitted LA along for good times, if you want my C4!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    lol ... i like it! 12 smoke launchers and we will blot out the sun eternally!

Mee mee, I had a blast last night in supr L337 delta squad.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Maybe a short anouncement that the squads are going to get orders in 5 seconds or so.
    I think I've heard the odd person use this in PS2, but in my time in EVE Online people always used "Check check check" when they needed people to shut up and listen - it's short and fairly distinct, and easy for people of any language to say/understand.
    "Swans are so big, they're like the Ostriches of the bird world"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I'd love to be part of that delta squad, but I don't think I've any silences, nv or smoke. I spent most of my certs on my repair too. I might have 100 left over if I remember right.

So I'll be up for it, but I understand picking someone else over me.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny252 View Post
    I think I've heard the odd person use this in PS2, but in my time in EVE Online people always used "Check check check" when they needed people to shut up and listen - it's short and fairly distinct, and easy for people of any language to say/understand.
    We have "break break" but it's not used often enough I think. Last time I used it everyone ignored me.

Silencer + NV is the important part, and that's only 130 certs.

I can say all of you got a spot! But do we have a PL for tonight? I am not feeling up for eitehr PLing or comms duty, would like to focus 100% on SLing for once.
    Find me on the Steams