Page 34 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Sounds good to me. I should be able to make it, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Oh well, Stratgir didn't happen due to server maintenance, which was a disappointment...
    You and me both, that was my planned PS2 day. Maybe I'll be able to join Sunday, depends how hung over I'll be.

Yeah, I also have Thursdays down in my calendar as a PS2-day, so that stung. Will be playing a bit tonight, at least.

Speaking of which, Ridebird; are you going to platoon lead or coordinate with other outfits tonight, or what have you been planning?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    i'll be available to do coordination if it becomes necessary.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    I will probably PL and Qazz will do comms.
    Find me on the Steams

Continent lock, fuck yeah! After at least an hour of gruelling fights back and forth between Soltech and Stoneridge. (Oh my God, Soltech!)

Good job tonight everyone who was there!

Also splitting squad comms and tactical lead between two different people when doing squad-play was awesome! I did it first as comms guy, with KandonArc leading the squad, and later on Novawulfen took over after him. It worked out really well. I could concentrate on comms chat and giving and relaying both orders, sitreps and intel. I could get the peace of mind to ask for new orders in time to know where to go next before the cap went through, at least a lot more often than usual. I'd like Kandon and Novawulfen to pitch in with any feedback on the experience, if you felt that you knew what was going on, and what you were supposed to do. (Also thank you for your excellent job tonight!)

On the minus side, it was a bit strange to receive orders, but not decide how to act upon them. I had to bite my tongue a number of times, when I got the impulse to boss people around. I hope it worked out alright in the end.

Later on, and throughout the fight for Amerish, I was squad leader in Ridebird's squad, Ridebird being PL. Here, I was out of the command loop, and could focus entirely on trying to coordinate the movements of the squad, which was so nice. Leading a squad is usually a terribly messy thing, especially when things get a little hectic as they did tonight. But being out of the command loop, only being ordered to "go there, take that" or "defend here", was such a relief.

Yeah, splitting tactics and comms was pretty sweet.

Great but real rocky night. We had to jump over all conts because we got pushed hard on Indar (great fights though), and then totally steamrolled on Esamir (a couple of good fights here too) before ghost capping our way through Amerish. We had everything but one fucking base, and then the hardest and most determined grind we have had started.

That incredibly intense for me, to say the least. So much to keep track of, soo oo ooo o many strikers, prowlers and all kinds of shit that made every approach near impossible. This, combined with the overall awful communication between leaders made this thing grueling, incredibly intense, and finally amazingly rewarding.

It was shitty that it was really only FOG (sort of) and DIG (a lot - best cooperation I have had with another leader since MDK on Esamir) that actually said where they were heading to. If all would've done that, we would have had the lock much faster.

Still though, we destroyed a much more organized and only slightly smaller TR force. I can also say that this was in a large part due to RPS, and that we are easily one of the best Vanu outfits on the server at this point.. We should feel proud I think.
    Find me on the Steams

Yes. That last push was great fun. Except for the bleedin strikers at stoneridge.
    I kept thinking 'I really need to go to bed' but we were always just one or two caps away from the lock. Eventually we got it. I will be tired today but it was definitely worth it.

Those strikers at Stoneridge was what held us back for so long. There was just no way to get around them except an infantry charge from that sunderer that was far away, so it took forever.
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node
    That last infantry charge on Soltech was bloody amazing, infantry battles among the solar-panels in darkness. We all followed the great book:

giraffe_print_designer_business_card_purple-p240662578720498147us8o_325.jpg

Tactical design: "GO TO ALL THE BASES AT ALL TIMES BECAUSE NO OTHER OUTFIT LEADER EXCEPT DIGNITY IS COOPERATING FUUUUUUUCK"
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Though what really deserves the biggest purple giraffe whale we can find is the Galaxy flying on Indar after that. Chasing down that Reaver was bloody brilliant

Edit: Success!

Eric-Giraffe-Whale-Mix.jpg

Haha, who is making all of these pics..

I just posted on the TVA forums about the communications being shit last night. Hopefully they will take it as constructive critique and rather not like the childish reaction we saw last night in leader.. Doubt it though.
    Find me on the Steams

And it was all for nothing TR locks on all but Indar this morning. This game is really pointless isn't it?

Did you have fun? I did.

Then it was not pointless. It's a game
    Find me on the Steams

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Did you have fun? I did.

Then it was not pointless. It's a game

This, this, and more of this. If you're having a blast who gives a hoot!

Yeah, it was good. Frustrating, stressful, sweaty, but in the end, utterly satisfying. (enter your favourite innuendo here)

Oh I quite agree - I was in a stonking bad mood this morning tho!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Most games are pointless, unless you're playing in a contest for something. The problem is just that whatever you accomplish tonight in PS2 is going to be gone by tomorrow morning, so just enjoy what you did when you did it.

I'd love to see the servers not be split up how they are, that they had some global servers instead of the ones they have now. That would stop it being so easy to lock out regions in the small hours because there wouldn't be any particular time that the server would be quiet. I remember being on late one night by chance at about 3am and the warpgate and server were dead.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I just really wish they would add some sort of scoreboard thing, say small base 5 points medium 15 big 30, cont lock 200. That way a grueling fight all night to secure a lock that is lost 1 hour later at least is visible in the amount of points we gathered for Vanu. Just a little something.

Edit: Posted this on reddit, its not really well thought through etc but its something i feel would add to the feeling of being a team, to have some sort of goal that is easily visible and motivating.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...on_scoreboard/
    Last edited by Wardancer; 25-03-2013 at 10:36 AM.