Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar

Redeployside: Award

As posted by Morfildur on r/MillerPlanetside

To get Miller into shape and encourage learning and playing redeploy side, I'm holding a contest to see who can deploy the fastest. Since I have plenty of disposable income due to my (apart from PS2) spartan lifestyle, I'll put in some money as reward. I know redeployside sucks, but it's the best way to win, so we need to learn how to do it and the best way to learn is if you are competing against others.

The rules:

• No drama allowed, I want this to be a fun contest that promotes creativity, speed and fun, not a measurement of your electronic nether regions
    • The video that shows the most resecures in a 15 minute span wins, videos have to be posted on this subreddit and marked with "Redeployside"
    • Only uncut videos are allowed, maximum length 30 minutes
    • Comms have to be recorded in the video
    • Minimum amount of forces of the resecuring force: 2 full squads
    • Resecures only count if the enemy has at least around 2 squads (judging from the video) and the resecuring outfit has the majority of forces that are resecuring the point (judging from the video)
    • The resecures have to happen during a territory alert
    • It will be my personal judgement that decides the winner and after I have decided, the ruling is final. I will pick impressive or creative resecures first, even if technically another video should win. That means if you resecure against twice your numbers or use fancy ESF+Spawn Beacon resecures, you have a better shot than those only securing by spawning in the spawn room and outpopping
    • Contest ends when I return from work on Monday next week (2014-10-20 ~6pm CEST)
    • Winner will be paid out via paypal
    I tend to push redeploy and fast movements when I lead, so I'm keen to have an attempt at this.

Questions:

1) Are people up for this (StratGir tomorrow maybe?)
    2) Anyone willing to volunteer to be video recorder?
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Activated Node
    We're pretty good at the whole heroic recovery from above kind of deal, but I have a feeling that the 15 minute requirement would kind of reduce the viability of stuff like Valk and Gal drops.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracaya View Post
    We're pretty good at the whole heroic recovery from above kind of deal, but I have a feeling that the 15 minute requirement would kind of reduce the viability of stuff like Valk and Gal drops.
    Not if you preemptively send the gal/valc across the map to resecure somewhere.

Activated Node
    I usually have my Valk loitering around when using it to drop so I'm able to quickly position it into potential C4 bombing runs or deployments to other bases. I do the same with my Gal but it's much harder to hide on most maps :P

Are we doing this? Because it sounds like an excuse to fly my valk, which I am ALWAYS up for.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    Are we doing this? Because it sounds like an excuse to fly my valk, which I am ALWAYS up for.
    Why do both of us have a love for the currently least useful vehicle in the game? Must be something in the water.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    If I do run this, there will not be Valks.

Sorry, but for redployment, Gals are much more reliable and just as fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I don't care much about this, but if we do it for StratGir it won't actually affect my play in any way, so I am incredible neutral.

I am for it in the sense that I believe RPS is actually pretty good at this (when they are concentrating) and it may raise some spirits to see this tested.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.