Page 38 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    I think tanks defo work without certs. Air does not though. Keeping most infantry would give them the beat understanding of the game though, I think. And gals makes everything easy.
    Find me on the Steams

Magriders are OK without upgrades. Lightnings really aren't.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Magriders are OK without upgrades. Lightnings really aren't.
    not really. a bog standard mag is pretty horrible. the standard gun is definitely good, but there is no hover and no secondary.
    being a gunner in an upgraded should be fun for most tho.

Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    not really. a bog standard mag is pretty horrible. the standard gun is definitely good, but there is no hover and no secondary.
    being a gunner in an upgraded should be fun for most tho.
    Nah. A bog standard Lightning is horrible. A bog standard Magrider is OK. Not great. Not even particularly good. Just OK. It's not horribly outclassed by all other armor and about half of the infantry like the Viper Lightning.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I took the new players on a Magrider jolly last call to arms.

It went fine. Totally new players are more than capable of jumping in a mag's driver seat.

The only problem was that as we surged west out of the Amerish WG we found that the only fights were at Mag-inaccessible bases of Lithcorp and Ikanam...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Sounds good. Since we might need three platoons we could have a dedicated air/armor one for vets of the game that know how to play?
    I would prefer it if vets were leading the squads and working as ROs, distributed across the platoons, or if not leading then in the squad channels to provide guidance, direction and clarification of what the fuck is going on...

I can envisage the whole house of cards falling down pretty badly if we don't have people who know what they're doing where they're needed.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    BANG

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just gonna post it here as well, do not go for amerish if we get massive numbers and want to show of the game. Amerish is a horrible horrible place if we want to create epic battles where people can work together and see what 100 people can do together. Esamir is a much better choice because of the open space and the big central target that we will either try to take or defend.

Comrades!

I will be on tonight, but I just received a message that Sketch and his NS2 group would like to join in. So how about I lead that squad in concordance with the rest of stratgir, and "train mahself sum NOOBS" to put it in weirdly texan leet speek.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Comrades!

I will be on tonight, but I just received a message that Sketch and his NS2 group would like to join in. So how about I lead that squad in concordance with the rest of stratgir, and "train mahself sum NOOBS" to put it in weirdly texan leet speek.
    Those noobs might end up your "elite team hitsquad" knowing from what kind of game they come.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Possibly, we shall see how well their skill translates to PS2. With decent leadership they should do good, I think. That's really the thing needed, I think; someone who can dirct people to the right places, making sure they have balanced loadouts etc. I'm all for having one of our vets leading them, as I said in the Call to Arms thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    Those noobs might end up your "elite team hitsquad" knowing from what kind of game they come.
    Definitely. In fact I would like to play with them. I think they will perform great under their own leadership. In fact, because NS2 has distinct roles between boots on the ground and overall tactical commander, they may already be a cohesive force, which knows how to respond against a fluid tactical landscape.

They just need a couple of veterans to help them familiarise themselves with just the particularities of this game. And to get a feel for the outfit, of course.
    Last edited by MrEclectic; 11-04-2013 at 10:58 AM.

ok. so when do we form up? i can be here at 1930 at the earliest. thats vienna time.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    ok. so when do we form up? i can be here at 1930 at the earliest. thats vienna time.
    From the front page

"We’ve tentatively agreed to kick the crap out of the PC Gamer outfit from 2000 UK time tomorrow on Amerish, Miller server. We’ll probably form up from 1900."
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Can I just remind everyone to look at this thread for organizational details (and useful guides) on this evening.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Comrades!

Yay, so we're going to just be around at 7 and try and fall in I think.

Though to everyone else thinking we might be good, NS2 is a harsh mistress and sadly skills do not transfer easily That said, we are very good at following orders.
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Comrades!

I suggested I would take lead yesterday in the call to arms V2 thread, and I read today that you plan PL'ing the new player platoon. What is your plan exactly?

either or. sketch asked me per PM, then I wrote here Ill take care of them. then I read in the NS2 thread that you already volunteered.

either way, Ill be doing something with the ns2 players, well see what.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    either or. sketch asked me per PM, then I wrote here Ill take care of them. then I read in the NS2 thread that you already volunteered.

either way, Ill be doing something with the ns2 players, well see what.
    Sounds good! I'll see you around tonight then!

Yeah, I got a PM as well.

The NS2 lot are very welcome to run their own squad.

They will need a squad leader and a radio officer. The squad leader is the "on the ground" tactical commander who organises movement, flanking, transport etc etc. The radio person is in direct contact with the platoon leader who passes down orders for the squad. If there are two people from the NS2 contingent who can share those roles, then that would be excellent.
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    BANG

Network Hub
    Yay for Yesterday evening! Good organization!
    I guess that from now on, i'll be up for radio operationing.