Results 781 to 800 of 1860
17-04-2013, 02:06 PM #781
Same thing with armour. Bravo and Charlie will not roll in armour all the time, but, if needed, switch roles and act in support of each other. Bravo armour, Charlie acting as support infantry, suppressing the enemy Heavies and Engineers and also concentrating AV fire on the enemy armour. Armour will not move beyond the point of identified contacts. I find that our armour gets destroyed when it overextends, and moves beyond the cover of infantry, into territory that isn't properly reconnoitered.
In general, designating a squad as air or armour/mechanised is not about the means, but the role. And it is not set in stone. Other outfits, both opponents and in other servers, utilise similar setups. We can at least experiment with these. I think it will be a welcome change of pace.
PS: I agree with Ridebird about keeping it flexible. What I meant with "no less than 2 scythes in the air", is that when we have only 2 scythes remaining operational, they pull back and act conservatively, or only do scout runs. When a scythe is damaged, it should pull back. These are just guidelines, and I expect our more experienced pilots to come up with suggestions on how to more easily coordinate air operations.
17-04-2013, 03:36 PM #782
Sounds very ambitious. I like it! Will try to be available and wouldn't mind leading a squad.
18-04-2013, 10:54 AM #783
18-04-2013, 01:11 PM #784
Allright, I'd like to lead Delta.. Don't have to but I'd like to.
What Delta will do:
Be very quick to redeploy and such things
Infantry only except for when tanks is really needed
If that sounds interesting to you please join me in Delta. We're gonna use heavies, MAXes, medics, an engineer and an infiltrator. Roles are of course flexible, but this is the main idea. So, if you prefer vehicles, go with one of the others instead!Find me on the Steams
18-04-2013, 01:37 PM #785
I'll also make sure that we have a couple of extra channels in reserve, in case we get more than 48, or want to do something special with smaller divisions (airthings or so).
18-04-2013, 01:39 PM #786
18-04-2013, 01:46 PM #787
I can medic for delta again as well, possibly RO
18-04-2013, 02:08 PM #788
18-04-2013, 02:55 PM #789
Yay for Delta lunatics, as long as we get to kill, kill, KILL! Can do any infantry role needed really. Regards, PurpleSnow.
18-04-2013, 03:05 PM #790
- Join Date
- Apr 2013
Expect a beefy patch when you log in. (533 MB I believe)
18-04-2013, 03:21 PM #791
18-04-2013, 03:21 PM #792
I would love to see a squad that doesnt do objectives, just kills.
18-04-2013, 04:03 PM #793
18-04-2013, 06:08 PM #794
Alright, anyone who wants to have a leadership position for tonight, set up these two keybinds in Mumble:
1) Unit chat: shout to channel Parent and all subchannels
2) Platoon command: shout to channel Current and linked channels.
We will do a quick rundown of the comms at 19.00 UK time.
18-04-2013, 06:13 PM #795
I'd like to RO tonight, if anyone wants me. Otherwise I'll be a medic/engineer.
03-05-2013, 10:07 AM #796
03-05-2013, 10:13 AM #797
03-05-2013, 06:14 PM #798
Strategic Thursday startup checklist
To streamline things for next time I've composed a suggestion for a checklist that we can use when setting up for Strategic Thursdays. I find that the setup takes a lot longer thatn it should, and I believe that having a clearly defined procedure for it could cut down on the confusion, this always turns into.
Do you think this is a good idea? Is this the right things to do? Did I miss anything, include things that are uncnecessary?
- Before the event, read the guide for PLs. It contains the most important things you will want to do be a good PL.
- Make a plan. Decide on something to do, at least a first objective. Choose a continent to start out on.
What you will need:
- One liaison to keep contact with TVA and other outfits.
- At least 4 SLs, who really should read the guide for SLs.
- One RO for each SL, who should read the guide for ROs.
- Two of these ROs should be platoon leaders for the platoons, to offload all of the management duties, allowing you to focus on leading the group.
- Added: First off, let everyone know where they should be going, so that they can warp over, or get in the queue. By the time you have the rest set up, any non-member players will likely have already come over to the right continent already.
- Assign SL/RO pairs to at least the following four squads: Alpha, Bravo, Echo and Foxtrot. Make sure everyone knows their designation.
- Get Alpha and Echo ROs to start up one platoon each. Have them invite their SL and the other SL/RO pair (alpha+Bravo and Echo+Foxtrot), so that each platoon contains two squads.
- Platoon 1 is Alpha and Bravo (extensible to Delta), platoon 2 is Echo and Foxtrot (extensible to Hotel).
- Have all SLs open outfit recruitment for their squads. Make sure they include the word "stratgir" and the squad name (Alpha, Bravo, Echo or Foxtrot for the first four squads) in their recruitment description.
- After recruitment has been opened, you can verify that squad names are correct, and then join either one of the platoons. Ask to be put as SL in a squad of your own, so that you get access to leader chat.
- Now that recruitment is up and people are dropping in, have SLs join the RO channel. Brief your SLs and ROs on the general plan for the first foray into the wild and point out any things that you want them to keep in mind.
- Remind SLs that they have a private channel to the other SLs in their unit!
- Before setting the herd loose on the world, take a minute to address everyone. Say hi, present yourself and your action plan, so that everyone knows what is going to happen first. If there's anything in particular you want people to try, let them know.
- Start rolling! Once out in the wild, follow the general guidelines of the guide to SGs and the guide to PLs, and try to delegate as much as possible of any management work to other people.
Last edited by EsotericReverie; 06-05-2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Linked guide to SGs and added a point to Setup.
03-05-2013, 07:11 PM #799
Looks concise and informative enough to my eyes.
03-05-2013, 10:37 PM #800
I thought about this, I would add some stuff to the SL guide :
- Before the beginning of the operation, ensure that all SL leaders can communicate to each other, through their whisper key. No squad should leave if one SL isn't responding to others SL. (Btw, is the whisper key limited to your unit ? or can you talk to all SL regardless of units ?)
- Get an idea of who is on your team : Gal pilot, Medics, Engineers, Infiltrators, AA capabilities are things you're gonna need during the fight, so better check that you have people able (and willing) to fulfill theses roles. It's also a good way to introduce yourself, be friendly and get to know people before the fighting start.
Actually, I would even get as far as to recommand a standard squad requirements. Something like "you need 2 medics, 1 engineer, 1 infiltrator, 1 gal pilot in your squad". I do not have enough experience to offer the best set-up, but that something we should think about, so that every squad can be efficient and self-reliant. If you get a squad where no one is willing to play medic (or nobody asked them to), you're starting with a disadvantage.