Page 83 of 86 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1709
    I would like to humbly suggests SLs try to be extra good at talking squads through tactics and the art of not standing by windows to get them going?
    I'd like to put my two cents in on this topic, because in some bases this will hurt you more than it helps. In large point rooms, avoiding the windows and doors is the right thing to do as the defenders can spread out, making grenade spam from outside less effective. The defenders then use the doors as a choke point and suppress from inside (example, Biolab spawn generator rooms). In small point rooms, however, not using the windows as firing ports will get you murdered. If you let the enemy set up outside a small room, they will throw in AV grenades until everyone dies. The only way to defend against that is to not let them get near the point room, and to do that you need to suppress the avenues of approach. Using the windows in the point room, and using the surrounding buildings to cover the outside from multiple angles, is the right way to defend a small point. I bring this up because I spent all my time last StratGir dying to AV grenades in small Esamir point rooms. Logged out after 30 minutes because it was the anti-fun. One rule for all point defenses will not work, teach people to think about each base defense on its own merits and we wont get a repeat of last weeks mass dying simulator.

Quote Originally Posted by Horg View Post
    I'd like to put my two cents in on this topic, because in some bases this will hurt you more than it helps. In large point rooms, avoiding the windows and doors is the right thing to do as the defenders can spread out, making grenade spam from outside less effective. The defenders then use the doors as a choke point and suppress from inside (example, Biolab spawn generator rooms). In small point rooms, however, not using the windows as firing ports will get you murdered. If you let the enemy set up outside a small room, they will throw in AV grenades until everyone dies. The only way to defend against that is to not let them get near the point room, and to do that you need to suppress the avenues of approach. Using the windows in the point room, and using the surrounding buildings to cover the outside from multiple angles, is the right way to defend a small point. I bring this up because I spent all my time last StratGir dying to AV grenades in small Esamir point rooms. Logged out after 30 minutes because it was the anti-fun. One rule for all point defenses will not work, teach people to think about each base defense on its own merits and we wont get a repeat of last weeks mass dying simulator.
    At small point rooms, you are probably better defending the point from outside the room. Let it be a grenade trap for the enemy.
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Agreed, good points! Leave a guy or two on the point to keep a random infil from flipping it, but don't put your whole squad in there. The problem arises when you don't control the air around the base. Covering the approaches to the point room becomes twenty times trickier then.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Perhaps a squad focusing on air domination/deterrence could be good?

Yes, I was hoping to try to keep something like that active, if I were to PL. If I do, PL that is, my main goal will be to go wherever KOTV aren't. Not that I have anything against them in particular, there are just too many of them.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Network Hub
    I was hoping a 5-6 man topgir squad would be up

WHY CAN'T PHONES HAVE BILINGUAL SETTINGS

I'm hoping to build on last week's redeploy/manouvrability focus and combine it with squad play focus on the ground.

Less of the "mill around and die" thing horg was talking about and more fire angles, kill box, subobjective thinking.

3 8 person squads and a topgir delta would be so much fun to play with! But what we really need is 5-6 people fighting for the chance to sl on stratgirs... The enthusiasm, where is it?
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    3 8 person squads and a topgir delta would be so much fun to play with! But what we really need is 5-6 people fighting for the chance to sl on stratgirs... The enthusiasm, where is it?
    For the next few weeks GBBO gets my attention I'm afraid. After that I'll be back and demanding SL slots

Activated Node
    the enthusiasm is here for me but IRL gets in the way on Wednesdays

Network Hub
    We must kill cherrys rl!
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I'll probably play tonight and will be happy to PL again if no one else particularly wants to.

I tend to skip the first few weeks of GBBO and watch about half of a series, so no more StratGir for me during September I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

You do PL, please. You did a splendid job last time. I can start prepping squads for you if you want.

Do you want any squads with particular jobs, like Grumpy suggested?

Grible is at work. Grible demands that some people are still playing at 2230h till 0000. Grible needs his fix!

Server crash now. Let's see if it's alive in a few minutes.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Grible View Post
    Grible is at work. Grible demands that some people are still playing at 2230h till 0000. Grible needs his fix!
    Grible should come play with Boffin, who will most likely be online at that point. (As NC)

Quote Originally Posted by Boffinboots View Post
    Grible should come play with Boffin, who will most likely be online at that point. (As NC)
    By play with do you mean "get shot in the head with a jackhammer" ?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Either or. I do need to auraxium it.

I don't have the opportunity to attend many StratGir nights but I was particularly excited for this one because (thanks to Sin) I had the Mumble overlay again. For the first time in months, I was able to connect a voice to the little red mouth with a name next to it. In fact, I was feeling such a part of it all that I actually pushed-to-talk and asked a couple questions. And then, at one point, I even said. "They're coming through the back door."
    And they were.
    I played a Heavy, for probably the first time, too, because I was ordered to. And, frankly, I liked it. I mean, being a heavy was alright, I guess.. but I really like being given orders (something I detest in RL.)
    I know my response time was a bit slower than it should be, but it's something I can, and will, work on.
    I just gotta make more StratGir nights.

Yeah, being ordered around can be really fun in Planetside 2 if you feel like the orders you're given are relevant and appropriate. Grumpy's really good at that (you were with us in Bravo, weren't you?), and Cooper too, as a PL, so yesterday was a really good night for taking orders.

And I must say Bravo squad was really good at that too! I thoroughly enjoyed my time on Amerish.

Also many thanks to Air Deterrent Charlie for keeping the skies clear for us. Thanks for that suggestion (Cephas, was it? too lazy to check...)!

Aye, Eso it was. When I came on it was all a bit too busy for me to just drop into, and I didn't much fancy the air game.

Generally successful overall?

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself Moms! On of these days I'll pocket engi for you when you pull a max since you always appear to my aid whenever I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    Aye, Eso it was. When I came on it was all a bit too busy for me to just drop into, and I didn't much fancy the air game.
    That's a shame. It really did seem to help for us on the ground. Never saw an enemy ESF or Lib all evening. Bliss!