Page 85 of 90 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1781
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    I might just join tonight, as GBBO is already scheduled to be recorded instead of watching it.
    Steam: Dominicus

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Grible View Post
    It's here!!!! Wednesday! The day of Giraffeie Goodness. Who's coming, who's leading? What's the plan peeps???

(I have the day off, lets make it a good one eh?)
    It's always a good one!

As always, I am happy to lead but wouldn't mind the grunt experience once in a while.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Wife's birthday yesterday, so no Planetside. Hoping to play some tonight, unless the patch screws things up entirely. I've still to fly a Valkyrie, for instance.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Thanks for being my platoon, everyone!

Wall of text time! I'ma gonna talk about stuff 'n' shit, analyse stuff.

I took it quite easy this stratgir, trying to focus on whatever dregs of macro are still around with the current resource and lattice system and letting squad leads have a lot of leeway in how to approach the strategic goals i set up.

I thought the following things went really well:

* Talking to DIGT / TVA
    We came and helped each other out on a couple of bases, and both parties got a lot out of it. We also managed to carve a part for ourselves in the large fights which I really enjoyed. Having DIGT and DIG fight with us and still have RPS on the banner afterwards also feels really good.

* Larger fights
    We created a lot of 2 platoon per side or more fights, but I felt we held our own without getting stuck on endless wipes which was excellent. Normally I would avoid fights where our platoon would encompass less than 50% of the friendly forces, but this time I embraced them and tried to do something with it. I feel I succeed acceptably.

I was afraid I put Bravo on overwatch a bit too much but they seemed to be having fun when I checked in. This was mainly to allow the tacgir Alpha more leeway.

* Dedicated anti air squads
    While it lasted it was great. Thank you Gribble who did not deserve to be forced into it. I really hope we get some new people trying out leading, it is a LOT of fun as long as one is not forced to do it too often which is unfortunatly the case for many old timers.

I was testing Coopers strategy but in a much lazier fashion: mostly letting them patrol vaguely around us. I believe Cooper tries to suggest good fallback points and similar but I feel this is better left to the SL, I shall experiment further.

Not worrying about enemy air is an amazing feeling for larger ops and I will be trying to force an air/AA squad whenever I PL larger forces. One thing I will have to work on is making sure people are comfortable jumping in and out of them.

The following things need improvement:

* I am not PLing a stratgir again without knowing at least 3 people who are ok with leading.
    Fuck that shit. I'm also never picking on Gribble again.
    Which is great because he's one of my favorite SLs and if I don't make him I'm statistically more likely to be in the squad hes leading.

I don't want to force random people because if you're really uncomfortable leading it can feel really bad, and I don't want to pick on the same people. So, I'll just avoid the issue entirely.

I think the biggest problem here is that when we ask for SLs and no one wants to, newer users get the feeling that it's a chore. It isn't a chore until you have to do it too often. It's fucking glorious when you only do it when you want to, and all we need to do to get there is allow more people to feel that awesome feeling of saying "Go there. Kill them all" and seeing it get done. Instead we borderline squabble.

.. I've been thinking of starting my own little squad within RPS. Like, a tac-y group of about 8 that try to run together more often, discuss tactics a bit more deeply and kind of see the game as a constant low intensity training for server smash or similar. If I could get that, and have all/most of the members being comfortable leading a squad when I PL in order to instill the squadplay we hopefully share into the entire platoon it would be, well, epic.

* Having a flavour / strategy / theme in place
    We ended up having a tac squad, Bravo and topgir, coordinating with DIGT and joining larger fights with focus on supression from superior fire positions and it was great. Being able to explain that in the beginning would, I feel, have helped instill focus and a greater sense of success when we done good. Maybe no one else cares. PLing without a focus seems empty at times so maybe I'm just projecting this on the 'toon.

* I wasn't in the tacgir squad.
    Next time Lakroy does that I'm jumping off PL duties and joining his squad.
    Disclaimer:
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus NickWhite's Avatar
    /Hype

For those of you who arnt busy watching a programme about cakes, I'll be running a TacGir squad in tomorrow's StratGir!

Emphasis will be on using Valkyries and Galaxies, with the usual focus on cohesion and teamwork.

SLs, PLs and Grunts needed.

/Hype
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    /Hype
    SLs, PLs and Grunts needed.
    I can fly a well certed valk, as long as you don't mind my lack of mic and excess of the ride of the valkyries horn.

*edit* Discovered my horrible ping as of late is caused by having another person accessing the wireless network, still looking for a fix, if I don't find it I have to hope the people in my house have non-computer based work to do or they're going out, if not then I'll just have to play xcom and pretend I'm flying the skyranger.
    Last edited by gary; 02-09-2014 at 05:05 PM.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    I'll be on around 9 and can relief SL. If I did relief SL I'd want to have a split coms and be tactical.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I hope to make it this time, but if I do, I'll run a bit late, so can't promise anything. Hoping for a good StratGir, though!

Has anyone been in contact with FRC lately? Don't seem to be much coordination going on with them any longer...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Well up for this. You already know my gal is well certed and sunk near 3k certs in the valk already. Might be a little late given that I get home at just after 7 and need to eat first
    SpellSlinger: Dewi | Warrior: Scyala

Join RPS in Wildstar!
    Check out the new player thread for info on how to join!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I am in nicks squad.
    Nick: evasive or hover valks?
    Disclaimer:

Activated Node
    Hopefully, Im with grumpy. also, ive got 9000 certs but im not sure how best to spend them

I had a lot of fun practising my advanced flanking skills.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I had a lot of fun crashing and then not being able to sign in.

Did you manage to use the balk effectively?
    Disclaimer:

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    I had a lot of fun crashing and then not being able to sign in.

Did you manage to use the balk effectively?
    A lot of people had crash issues last night. I crashed once during log-in, then on the second attempt, got in game, spawned at sundy, died immediatedly and then crashed...total time in game 15 seconds. 3rd time was the charm. A number of people ended up stopping last night because of crashes. I'd lost about a 3rd of the platoon by 21:30. Of course that may just have been my leadership pissing them off
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

I enjoyed platoon leading last night, thanks folks.
    However, I feel we need to do some work to re-establish our redeployments again. On a couple of occasions it took longer than 5 minutes to get everyone on the way to the next objective.
    Having said that, having got the redeployment on the move, I thought we did very well on the Tower drops we carried out. We were very quick in establishing control of the towers, and locking the opposition in their spawn.
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, there were some good fights. It's so great to be fighting as a squad, knowing that there is another tightly coordinated squad around to back you up/flank the enemy/drop on the point/whatever. StratGir is PS2 at it's best and last night was no exception!

Also had my first experience flying in a Valkyrie passenger seat. Hopped in a Charlie Valk as it took off from the warpgate, quickly gaining altitude over Amerish with the landscape stretching out below, seeing other Valks and random friendly Scythes whizzing past, then Nick's skywhale pulling up and staying with us as we all soared on towards the target. Glorious. Then I hopped out on top of a Vanguard and blew it up with C4, bonus.

All the crashing was indeed annoying. Seems like it's one of those periods of PS2 where everything will be super sketchy until SOE fix it. At least this time it is their priority, and they managed to get the Valkyrie out before the problems started, so we have something to play with while they focus on fixes.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Continuing on my every second week thing, I am up for PLing this fine evening, though if anyone else has an itch I will be more than happy to step aside, as usual.

However, I will only lead if I have 3 squad leaders registered, for my sanities sake. Otherwise I will SL or grunt as required.

I will be focusing on mobility, changing battles as the need arrises and quickly setting up flanking positions and area denial.
    I will not be running away from large battles as I think RPS have been getting better at finding a role in them, and I am keen to explore this further.
    If we have 4-6 people who want to hold an air squad I would be happy, though they should not feel the need to stick to air the entire time.

I will be jumping around in coms and talking to specific squads now and then like I did last time (2 weeks ago).
    If Lakroy hosts another tacgir squad I shall be happy, but I shall also be sad.

I would also like to have a small fire team of 3 people who are dedicated anti-RTRS. If we see an RTRS tank, I want it going explodey (valk drops of c4 fairies, for example) while the rest of continue to focus on the less important objectives.
    Disclaimer:

As usual, happy to relief SL after GBBO.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    I would also like to have a small fire team of 3 people who are dedicated anti-RTRS. If we see an RTRS tank, I want it going explodey (valk drops of c4 fairies, for example) while the rest of continue to focus on the less important objectives.
    I would gladly be a fairie carried to battle by valkyrie. Would actually give reason for all those Drifter Jet upgrades i bought earlier.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Shit, I forgot about the firework festival that ends when stratgir starts. I will be late or absent so MAYBE I shouldn't PL?

Discuss.
    Disclaimer: