Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    A bit spread out at times, yeah. Sorry I didn't catch that people were not in Mumble. For future reference, if you're SL and people are not in Mumble or following orders, tell me and they will be kicked and not allowed back in. I'm super srs about this - if you are in stratgir YOU ARE IN MUMBLE. No reasons for not being there are valid, you'll have to play alone if you're not on there. You do not need a microphone, but you MUST listen.
    I thought that went without saying.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

ok, Ill be on on thursday, this time in time, and setting up early if anyone wants to get into the finer workings of the mumbles.

Ill be posting my proceedings aka "rules", but if you want to check them out already, I put them on the outfit site already.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Obscure Node
    Speaking of the forum, can anyone OK my member request? I posted in the request access forum last week. Cheers

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    So you wanna PL Quanta?

I'll sign up for SL duty then. I recommend the organization we had last week of me as alpha lead, and then three other, fairly independant SLs. We also talked a lot amongst eachother regarding what to do. Flat organization and the like, worked well.

So you wanna PL Quanta?

I'll sign up for SL duty then. I recommend the organization we had last week of me as alpha lead, and then three other, fairly independant SLs. We also talked a lot amongst eachother regarding what to do. Flat organization and the like, worked well.
    Well, my plan was to have alpha as the overflow squad, that I manage (due to me being PL) but not SL. So basically: Everyone goes into Beta, Charlie & Delta, to have a minimum of OMG ALPHA IS FULL crap.

How did you do it last time, as I had to bail out again?
    - Tom De Roeck.

Well we had a full platoon, so that was not an option.

I SLed Alpha and was PL. I moved dudes and called shots as well as led my squad. My squad mostly handled themselves and the other SLs and I came up with strategy together, and the other squads were quite independent. We stuck together somewhat but split over capping territories as needed and inside bases. SLs stepped up for like "we'll take vertical gen" stuff. Worked very well.

sounds like what we ended up doing then anyway. I dont expect there to be 48 people around though.

However, it would be awesome to have all SLs now already. So that makes you, Ridebird, anyone else?
    - Tom De Roeck.

I would sign up in a heartbeat, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to join stratgir this week. If there's still a need and it turns out there's time to play I'll give a shout.

I'll happily volunteer for SL again. Really enjoyed it last time. Also, i dont mind stepping forward for PL if it ends up that non of the above can make it.

EDIT: Also, just out of interest have any of the previous PL been coordinating in TVA TS during outings?
    Last edited by NickWhite; 13-01-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'll sign up to lead in some form.

Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    EDIT: Also, just out of interest have any of the previous PL been coordinating in TVA TS during outings?
    Nope, been too much just trying to make everything work. Now that we've sort of got a working model I think I'll try to do that.

well Cooper gave me the TVA details, so Ill definitely be on it.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Nope, been too much just trying to make everything work. Now that we've sort of got a working model I think I'll try to do that.
    Yeah, i thought as much. Just wanted to raise it here in advance of Thursday night, would be interesting to see how much we could influence things amongst the other outfits. How much Giraffe notoriety we can muster.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Reposted from the other thread as it fits in here more

I would like to see us moving towards people taking focused rolls in squads. I can remember some point last Thursday where there was a need for some engineers in alpha. Next thing we know everyone bar two people is an engineer. The reverse always seems to happen that we never seem to have an infiltrator.

As for small groups of people, you could try cut everyone down into three four man groups or four three man groups but making them too small means you're going to start ending up with more people on healing reviving duty. I think the smallest a unit should be broken into is 4 or 6 depending on the base we're capping and how many squads we have there.

I think it'd be great if we could break say squads into unit A (members 1-4), B (members 5-8) and C (8-12), who would then go to those respective points and hold them. So you look at your squad, you look at your number and you know where to go when your SL tells you. That way we can also make sure that in say Alpha B we've got the right combo of a MAX + Engi + Medic + HA or whatever.

So to summarize:
    -If we could get people to focus on being set to roles. Let them pick up to 2 classes they like and up to 2 vehicles.
    -If we could make groups more organized.

Again - it can be solved with good communication. Fixed roles is not very likely to be sustainable during the course of a night, but SLs should try for some spread of dudes.

SLs and PLs need to specify more and people need to respond more. "We need two AA MAX" - "OK I'm on it" - "OK I'm on it" - "Allright good no more guys" = problem solved.

Massing certain classes is a must in some situations and flexibility in this game is a massive strength.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Again - it can be solved with good communication. Fixed roles is not very likely to be sustainable during the course of a night, but SLs should try for some spread of dudes.

SLs and PLs need to specify more and people need to respond more. "We need two AA MAX" - "OK I'm on it" - "OK I'm on it" - "Allright good no more guys" = problem solved.

Massing certain classes is a must in some situations and flexibility in this game is a massive strength.
    Very much this.

We've got very good on Stragir nights, clearly. Comms are better, responsiveness is better.

The one thing it still needs is more immediacy in response to SL requests. If SL says 'go here, do this'. Then you go there, do that. You don't wait until you've got that LA that you're chasing. You don't keep running ater that prowler with your rockets. You pull back and get there.

One thing that can help is to put somene on 'point'

Name a squad member. Have every other squad member keep that guy in sight and follow them. 12 people firing at the same target means you will move fast, and deadly. Despite the high TTK in the game it is possible; and incrdiby effective - to move as one.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    While I agree that when it comes to big targets, 4 people aren't very useful, at that point the squads can take over and move as a unit. All that would take would be the SL saying "and because this is a biolab we in alpha are taking point A". Nobody is suggesting we lay out an entire plan and stick to it the whole night long and expect everyone to know exactly what to do and when to do it.

My suggestion of having Alpha A,B,C etc is so that people know who to stick with and who to follow. It also means people have an idea of were to go before the SL steps in and makes any alterations. It's not that difficult to understand moving as a group that numbers 1-4 would go here, 5-8 there or 1-6 here and 7-12 there. But what is difficult to understand is "ok we need more people on capture point A" which results in people going to A. Some people stay around, some people see that there's 8 others there and leave to go play around the back of the building. Also on bigger places, like biolabs, where we would have maybe two squads attacking it, both those squads would be sending 4 people to A which means now 8 people are at A. If we also had a third squad there, we now have 12 people at A.

Moving as 12 sounds like too many and it just feels like a zerg and doesn't feel very strategic at all.

I dont need to remind everyone the deadly defence they got up last time near Highland Road. they essentially had 2 squads sitting near the edge of the canyon, shooting everything that moves. Having "shooting" lines, or frontlines, etc, really pays off if pulled off properly.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

The one thing it still needs is more immediacy in response to SL requests. If SL says 'go here, do this'. Then you go there, do that. You don't wait until you've got that LA that you're chasing. You don't keep running ater that prowler with your rockets. You pull back and get there.

One thing that can help is to put somene on 'point'

Name a squad member. Have every other squad member keep that guy in sight and follow them. 12 people firing at the same target means you will move fast, and deadly. Despite the high TTK in the game it is possible; and incrdiby effective - to move as one.
    I think that's a very good idea! Whether it's the SL or not, having someone to rally on when moving would make us a lot more organised. It is common to have people stray from the current objective, so enforcing a rule like this would be very helpful.

Then you say you you and you move there. Fixed 4 people fireteams will never work. It will just cause a lot of confusion.