Page 80 of 90 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1786
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus NickWhite's Avatar
    Unfortunately, i'll actually have to withdraw from StratGir tonight.

But it's good to see that there will be people around who can drive it on.

Someone will need to be free to liaise with Jim pre-ops on Mumble just in case.

Also, Hossin.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    Also, Hossin.
    Higby may need some server majiks ready then if it's locked.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Network Hub
    So the only day in the month when I have my planetside rig available this happens? Rad

Network Hub
    That's amazing. It's hard to decide if I want to play or watch the stream more. Do we have to be on decent behaviour with regards to rampant cursing?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Front page says TRay, not Higby.

So err, should the dicussion move on to "why is the PS2 art so inconsistent and not like the provided reference material" and "what happened to our outfit decals anyway"?

Also, perhaps a good think the Rotas rage-quit RPS.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by fish food carl View Post
    That's amazing. It's hard to decide if I want to play or watch the stream more. Do we have to be on decent behaviour with regards to rampant cursing?
    Play then watch the recorded stream afterwards!

Question for T-Ray: when are those bionic face player studio helmets going to be in the game?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Unfortunately I had to quit after an hour due to extreme lag (up to 10 seconds, which had a slight effect on my performance). The beginning was fun though, and I hope the rest of you guys had fun all the way through!!
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    WTB squad cohesion.

Anyhow, cheers to those who organised and carried out the event, giving of their own time!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus NickWhite's Avatar
    So how did it go?
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

I take it the stream will be up at a later point? I was sort of hoping to watch it just now.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by NickWhite View Post
    So how did it go?
    Got rekt by INI following us around, and also the rest of TR

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Yeah I think I have to take some responsibility for squad cohesion being a bit off with Bravo 2 tonight - not knowing my way around bases made things a little trickier for me! Did lead to a certain amount of "Follow me! Oh that's a wall. Er. That way!"

Also the new nanites thing changes up the way we need to play quite a bit - I suspect the amount you receive will be nerfed soon, although I like having a single reserve to draw from. Facing endless waves of TR maxes was a bit tricky though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I haven't played since March (just a little bit the last three days, but not on Hossin), so I was lost a lot. Had fun though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It was good, think our effectiveness took a bit of a dive, as it always does when we get unusually large turnouts. But all the TR and NC following us around did mean we got lots of big fights. Hi to all the Traitors I shot!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sinomatic View Post
    I take it the stream will be up at a later point? I was sort of hoping to watch it just now.
    The stream wasn't set to record / keep. Live only
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Thanks for coming, all. My first streaming, so it wasn't very slick, but it mostly worked. My audio was too quiet for the first 5 minutes, because the mic wasn't set up right for the stream, despite being fine otherwise. Unfortunately I had to run it from John's house because my tin-can internet won't support streaming. That means I couldn't stick around too long, but also forgot to check about saving. However, he might (should) have captured it locally, I will ask and see if we can upload it to YT. If we do another CTA I might see if I can stream some of that, because I didn't have time/co-ordination to really capture much of the action last night.

In conclusion: some people got to look at my face for an hour, so that's nice. But also it was great to see the community doing its thing. Thanks again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    Yeah I think I have to take some responsibility for squad cohesion being a bit off with Bravo 2 tonight - not knowing my way around bases made things a little trickier for me! Did lead to a certain amount of "Follow me! Oh that's a wall. Er. That way!"
    Heh, yeah, I've done that a few times myself, squad leading. What I sometimes do and which works really well, is to ask if there's anyone in the squad who knows the base and ask them to take "pole position", while keeping the rest of the squad in line and following along nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossignol View Post
    Thanks for coming, all. My first streaming, so it wasn't very slick, but it mostly worked. My audio was too quiet for the first 5 minutes, because the mic wasn't set up right for the stream, despite being fine otherwise. Unfortunately I had to run it from John's house because my tin-can internet won't support streaming. That means I couldn't stick around too long, but also forgot to check about saving. However, he might (should) have captured it locally, I will ask and see if we can upload it to YT. If we do another CTA I might see if I can stream some of that, because I didn't have time/co-ordination to really capture much of the action last night.

In conclusion: some people got to look at my face for an hour, so that's nice. But also it was great to see the community doing its thing. Thanks again.
    Having the video uploaded to YouTube would be really neat! I'd love to see it. I had the stream open in the background and could hear you guys talking somewhere behind all of the Mumble chatter and game audio. Could hear my own voice every now and then, echoed back to me across the ages. Weird fucking feeling... o_O

Either way, it was a fun but sometimes slightly frustrating experience, due in part to the way we organised our people and our comms. Would do that part differently next time, for sure.

Thanks for organising this! Looking forward to a CtA again some time too.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    It seems to me that we have a comms system that works well when it's the regulars playing, but it gets a bit harder to manage when there's a large turnout because of a CtA or an event that's had some publicity (like a front page post and twitter spam).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I didn't notice any problems with the comm-setup on a grunt-level, except for esoteric breaking up from time to time.

The only downside to the squad setup is that it can get quiet at times, depending on who is in the squad. We used to run A/B & C/D comms at times, perhaps that is something to pick up for StratGIR? It may conflict with squad orders, but maybe it won't?