Page 84 of 90 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1781
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    So was it run mostly as an air squad? Or a rapid deploy ground AA squad?
    I always thought having a squad that when AA was needed would pull a mixture of ground or air depending on what the situation needed would work well.
    I mean a lot of the time a couple of bursters and skyguards would do the job to deter air.

Moms (SweetMama) was in Alpha....as all the best people were

Really enjoyable night last night. I was very tired and feeling fairly unwell, but stratgir proved to be an excellent distraction.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sinomatic View Post
    Oh, come get some! *fists by chin, showing off fancy footwork*

But seriously, glad to hear Alpha had a good time too! One always wonders how the others are doing, or am I the only one who does this?

Did Charlie squad work out alright for those of you who were in it? I joined your channel for a minute once, and the mood seemed good, but that was only for a very short while...
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It was fun in Charlie last night. We got a bit disorganised after an hour or two, but for the first part we were working together really well. And it felt like we did a good job clearing the air, since most of the time we had people just patrolling.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    It was fun in Charlie last night. We got a bit disorganised after an hour or two, but for the first part we were working together really well. And it felt like we did a good job clearing the air, since most of the time we had people just patrolling.
    We were remarkably free from enemy air harassment last night, so the air squad did their job

flying_giraffe.jpg
    A flying Giraffe for Charlie Squad
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Obscure Node
    It was also wonderful to see a swarm of scythes around West Pass Watchtower, bombing everything that moved.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hoc View Post
    You know, I think the organisation is not the most important part. It's the presence that does it, kicking enemy air out consistently. And the ability to take out the odd Sunderer that the infantry can't get to. Not sure what kind of resistance you met out there, if there actually was any enemy air to counter, but from the ground, the skies were refreshingly clear.
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    You know, I think the organisation is not the most important part. It's the presence that does it, kicking enemy air out consistently. And the ability to take out the odd Sunderer that the infantry can't get to. Not sure what kind of resistance you met out there, if there actually was any enemy air to counter, but from the ground, the skies were refreshingly clear.
    You're probably right about that. We had some resistance all the time, mostly just randoms or pairs of pilots. The only time we got cleared out during the time I was around was when 6-8 mossies and a couple of gals attacked at the same time. And we took care of similar numbers once or twice as well. So some resistance all the time, but only serious resistance a few times.
    Steam Profile - Ser Hoc

Network Hub
    And due to the resource system we were always back in action instantly.

I actually quite enjoyed being Alphas dedicated Galaxy pilot last night. Was good to get consistent flying practice in with it, and with the current need for lower and slower drops I was enjoying the precision drop frames ability to brake last minute. I wouldn't do this every night and to make it more fun I need to upgrade it to a battle gal.

Thanks Laldy and Cooper, definitely felt like we were having an impact and a great finish to learn that we had succeeded in TVA's continent locking plan.

Sorry for the newbie post, but are Strategic Giraffes now on wednesdays? While title says so, the first post by Cooper still says Thursdays. Also asking, because back in the early days of launch wednesdays was the weekly get as many as we can meetup and thursdays was strategic day.
    Steam: krusader83 | Origin: Sceptrum
    Planetside 2: SceptrumVS (Miller) : SceptrumNC (Cobalt) : SceptrumTR (Cobalt)

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptrum View Post
    Sorry for the newbie post, but are Strategic Giraffes now on wednesdays? While title says so, the first post by Cooper still says Thursdays. Also asking, because back in the early days of launch wednesdays was the weekly get as many as we can meetup and thursdays was strategic day.
    Due to the new patching that came out - we moved StratGir to Wednesdays. Maybe Cooper can update the OP .

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    Due to the new patching that came out - we moved StratGir to Wednesdays. Maybe Cooper can update the OP .
    Done. Yeah, we moved to Wednesdays after the patching schedule screwed a few too many StratGir nights up.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptrum View Post
    We originally ran on StratGir on a Thursday, but it frequently clashed with SOE patching, and breaking, the game. We moved to Wednesdays to avoid this issue, but the patches followed us
    Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.
    Never Fear Love.
    DTP. Grace.

Quote Originally Posted by sinomatic View Post

Really enjoyable night last night. I was very tired and feeling fairly unwell, but stratgir proved to be an excellent distraction.
    Yeah, was in Alpha for most of the time but had to jump out for a bit to run a RL errand. When I came back I joined Bravo, where I (as an engineer) followed Grumpy's Max around like a little puppy. (I also really like those Holy Trinity - Max, Engie, Medic, type setups alot, too.)
    "Bring me my purse."

please visit
    the Game Orphanage

Finding Good Homes For Unwanted Games Since January, 2014

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oh, that's right. I remember being repaired in a spawn camp and thinking "being repaired is nice, but seeing "sweet mama" when it happens always makes me smile".

You make me smile, moms. Keep it up.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

It's here!!!! Wednesday! The day of Giraffeie Goodness. Who's coming, who's leading? What's the plan peeps???

(I have the day off, lets make it a good one eh?)

Once again, GBBO. I'll be on about 9pm. Happy to act as relief SL if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Grible View Post
    It's here!!!! Wednesday! The day of Giraffeie Goodness. Who's coming, who's leading? What's the plan peeps???

(I have the day off, lets make it a good one eh?)
    I have to work!!
    But will be there in spirit (which is probably best for all.)

- Give em hell!!!
    "Bring me my purse."

please visit
    the Game Orphanage

Finding Good Homes For Unwanted Games Since January, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    Once again, GBBO. I'll be on about 9pm. Happy to act as relief SL if needed.
    I'm always so tempted to watch it when it's on, but....stratgir. Pew pew lasers win out when I can record the show and watch it later.
    (Incidentally what are they making this week? I can't remember).