Page 28 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Question to the outfit:
    I've been thinking about an regular-ish, informal "outfit meetings" over Mumble. Once a month / every two weeks we gather in Mumble and just have a chat about the outfit / Miller goings on. Absolutely anyone welcome. Is this something that is worthwhile? I'd put together a series of discussion points and then post some minutes to this forum thread.

If so: Next Saturday, 7pm GMT? What should be on the agenda?
    Sounds like a very good idea! The debriefing we did after my stratgir as PL felt nice. It was good to get a few minutes to sit down and talk things through a bit without being constantly distracted by having to play the game at the same time.

Incidentally, this is something I would like to see again, maybe at somebody else's initiative this time...

Suggestion for topics:
    - The future of public platoons (how to do it properly, how to utilize them etc)

I am home alone with my son tonight, so I can't take the PL (nor SL, most likely) for stratgir, but I'll try to be there a bit later on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    I can do it today if no one else wants to. Bear in mind I do actually mean this - if someone else wants to do it I am more then happy to just SL! Haven't been feeling the PL bug lately and I've prefered doing my delta force thing. Cooper up for it today perhaps? Grible?

If I got at it we are testing out the new comms system, and I will need a replacement around 2300 brittime.
    Find me on the Steams

I'd like to push for a debriefing after tonight's run. I found it very rewarding. It also introduced a distinct cut-off time, where the event actually ended, and people could go to bed (or continue playing if they wanted to).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I agree whole-heartedly about having a debriefing tonight. It's a really good way of ending an event, plus it gives us the chance to talk about the game without having to worry about enemies or anything like that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I'm not gonna BL tonight, I'd rather just grunt it up.

I am, however, more than willing to try out the "comms officer" role or whatever people have been trying out recently. Also; agreed on the debrief.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Consider me a volunteer for anything but BL and dedicated pilot tonight. I should be on from start to debriefing. Happy to squad lead as always.

Saturday topic suggestion:
    1. The spec-ops squad. I'm more or less perfectly happy with the way it works now, but if nothing else, I think a general sharing of information on how best to use it and how we envision its future would be a boon.

2. The dedicated air squad I've heard about, but as SL on StratGir nights have had regrettably little contact with. I think perhaps those of us that regularly SL and BL should discuss how to improve its synergy with the rest of the platoon. Specifically, I think we need to discuss a clearer line of communication to it, and how on earth we most efficiently mark targets for our flyboys.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    i might make it online early enough today and could maybe take a sl position.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampsiceramos View Post
    2. The dedicated air squad I've heard about, but as SL on StratGir nights have had regrettably little contact with. I think perhaps those of us that regularly SL and BL should discuss how to improve its synergy with the rest of the platoon. Specifically, I think we need to discuss a clearer line of communication to it, and how on earth we most efficiently mark targets for our flyboys.
    I think a big part of making the designated air squad work requires some discipline from both ends. So that they can be available when we need them, the dedicated air squad should stay away from the frontlines most of the time. They come in when called, onto designated targets, then pull back when the target is dealt with. With the current state of the game, squad leads should not use them to "clear the air" or provide generalized support in a hostile environment. Air clearing is best done by burst/lock ons. Providing general rolling support just means that aircraft will be lost and not available when you REALLY need to hit that Prowler/Sundie

I might BL for a little while tonight.

On second thought, let's have the regular system tonight, and then we just try to have some discipline. Let's see how it works.

This can also be read as "Ridebird is too lazy to write a guide for specific whispers".

Cooper - please be comms man.
    Find me on the Steams

I'm setting up specific whispers now. I need a Balloon Leader channel in the Stratgir one, so you can just set up shouts to it.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampsiceramos View Post
    When I was leading a very small air squad on a previous StratGir night, we used the Special Giraffes channel & I was using leader chat. The BL at the time (I forget who you were, sorry) did keep reminding the SLs that we had an air squad that they could request assistance from, but we didn't get many takers. Not that we were capable of doing much, as I believe at the peak of our numbers we managed to hit 4 or 5 people in aircraft.

May the Vanu storm the skies tonight.
    Last edited by Dthen; 28-02-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Urgh. Real life has decided to intervene in my plans to be on tonight - I should be on tomorrow, though, and I'll definitely be in on the Mumble get-together Saturday. Have a good one, though.

Ungh, that's sad. See you Saturday, maybe. I'm trying to choose between our date and a local dance event. That's a tough choice, right there.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Good work everyone yesterday, was really good leading with just the right ammount of micromanagement from Ridebird. Letting squads have some autonomy and move to bases/objectives as they see fit. This is what I want from the Stratgir nights, the Balloon leader directing the platoon to a main target and the squad leaders try to get their squads to do minor objectives and keep the BL in the loop. This also lets the BL focus on the bigger picture and have some time to actually play the game while he leads.

I hope the guys in Delta had a good time even if I did not take command all that much and instead just tried to let us go along with the flow.

I did my first night as comms liaison for stratgir, and it was fun. Response in /leader chat was rather bad, though three or four people chipped in there from time to time. Response from /tells is much better, as can be expected. I could probably have been more active/driving in the coordination of outfits, and will work on that until next time. One thing that was a bit tricky for me, trying to coordinate with other outfits, was not always knowing where Ridebird was planning to go. A little more information on future plans could make that a bit easier. I'm not sure how far ahead you tend to plan Ridebird, and I know situations change rather wuickly in Planetside 2, so it's not always possible to predict more than the next move, but giving a shout in command chat as soon as you have a feeling for what's coming would be good. You did this well many times, mind, but i sometimes felt a bit uncertain of The Plan. I'll also try to be a bit more proactive when in doubt, and simply ask if there's a plan for the near future, to better be able to work with other outfits.

Playing in Alpha yesterday was good fun, all over. We found good fights, had pretty little downtime and clear enough instructions to be able to do a good job. I did feel that we sometimes left important territories, generators, satellite bases undefended, and later had to loop back to kick enemies out of there, but then again, defending when there is no enemy is not very rewarding. Not sure what to do about that.

Comms liaison duties does force you out of "the game" a bit, though, and concentrating on that while trying to shoot red and blue men (and the occasional woman) was tricky at times. But combining SL/waypoint/beacon duties with comms liaison worked out nicely. Especially since you yourself ordered Alpha around, rather than leaving that too to me.

All-around a good night, and good fun.

I generally start planning our next assault when our current one is secure. If its a ghost cap or something of the sort I have a general plan of where to go next. The Plan is rarely long term though, as I find being proactive in this game is just asking for trouble.

I also felt the role of comms/beaconman was pretty great to have. That made it much less stressful for me.

The problem with being comms dude is that RPS has been sort of a driving force behind attacks and getting everyone together. We need to continue that, but it's hard when most people have never seen your name before. We should focus on a select few to be comms officers for now (me, Esoteric, qazz, Eclectic and of course Cooper) so that we have a few well known RPS members that always chat up leader.

That way you can get some tells from people that ask you where we're going and such, and there should be less need to /tell every single outfit leader from our side.
    Find me on the Steams

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    I generally start planning our next assault when our current one is secure. If its a ghost cap or something of the sort I have a general plan of where to go next. The Plan is rarely long term though, as I find being proactive in this game is just asking for trouble.
    I'd appreciate if it would be possible to start planning for the next move just a little bit before the base is secure (I realize it might be secure even before the cap goes through), so that it could be possible to say for instance that "RPS will move on Moss Basin in 6-7 minutes unless NC reinforces Wokuk". Depending on your definition of "secure" this might already be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    The problem with being comms dude is that RPS has been sort of a driving force behind attacks and getting everyone together. We need to continue that, but it's hard when most people have never seen your name before. We should focus on a select few to be comms officers for now (me, Esoteric, qazz, Eclectic and of course Cooper) so that we have a few well known RPS members that always chat up leader.

That way you can get some tells from people that ask you where we're going and such, and there should be less need to /tell every single outfit leader from our side.
    This is probably a good idea, though it's a bit sad to shut people out of this role if there's someone who would like to try it sometime. Perhaps we should strive to always have one "regular" comms person along for the ride when/if someone new is trying their wings?

Secure can be halfway through the cap - secure is spawn room is camped and such. I don't want to shut people out but being a known name is important.
    Find me on the Steams