Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    Yes, SirHoc, we had a disussion about this just an hour ago or so, in fact. Those of us who were on at that moment; me, MrEclectic, Laldy, Cortosis and a couple of newer guys, who I sadly can't remember the names of. :/

MrEclectic was particularly vocal (and I agree) about training for some very siomple small-scale tactics, such as how to approach a cap-point or a generator, how to defend it, how to cover each other, how to take and hold a ridge out in the open, how to organise an armour column with flanking forces etc. There are a few simple things that could probably help a lot without requiring much preparation of training. An idea that came up was to hold practice sessions for those who are really interested in this kind of thing; probably a bunch of us regular SLs/PLs, where we get some basics into place, and then we can spread these "skills/habits" around to others as regular orders, when we are leading squads. Some have started a bit of this, such as encouraging people to perform flanking maneuvers and such, but actually ordering people to do more specific things (cover that door/window, watch that corner, move in while I cover you) could probably increase our effectiveness even more.

To recap: we've got some pretty skillful players in the outfit, but we lack the teamwork skills to be very effective against organised resistance. We should get a few regulars together and practice, and spread what we learn around.

As MrEclectic so eloquently put it:
    We are a substantial amount of the Vanu population on Miller at any one time. It would be irresponsible of us not to try to improve our performance.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    To recap: we've got some pretty skillful players in the outfit, but we lack the teamwork skills to be very effective against organised resistance. We should get a few regulars together and practice, and spread what we learn around.
    True that. When you are playing with a bunch of the regulars it is amazing what a small group can accomplish. Been part of some insane point-defenses, spam ressing everywhere, maxes covering entrances... half a platoon holding facilities against multiple platoons worth of enemies etc. Playing in a PUG platoon yesterday reminded me of how ineffectual a large group can be when noone knows how to work together. To this end - training for group play, yes, good idea. Individual skills can develop naturally but everyone needs to know how to support the group as a whole.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    I could lead a training exercise in situational awareness and how you learn to see what is the correct angle for attack as well as how to flank. I am not the greatest aimer ever, but my situational awareness on what is going on is seemingly pretty good.
    Find me on the Steams

Lesser Hivemind Node BasicPauly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    we've got some pretty skillful players in the outfit
    Well I know you naturally mean me (lol), but I have to point out in reference to a previous post, that flight training/any vehicle can be difficult due to the cooldowns. I tried to run one at one point, but it fizzled out pretty quickly... even nick abandoned it without warning >.< lol.. peoples patience for training only goes so far, because they would much rather spend the time playing the game properly and earning certs.

We need to find ways to train that dont mean wait times/loss of certs/lack of fun.

Network Hub
    VR training?

VR training could work very well for this purpose indeed.
    Find me on the Steams

VR training allows people to still gain certs? isnt that a bit much?

No. No cert gain. But also no resource costs or spawn timers hence good for flight practice for instance.

I believe infantry resource items actually do use resources at the moment, though.

Obscure Node
    Afternoon folks! I played PS2 for a while during beta and I returned to the game over the weekend to see what was what. Long story short: I played a lot, and liked it...

Any chance you could send me an invite to the outfit? I have a free weekend coming up this week and I intend to spend most of it letting PS2 flog my CPU to death! I currently play as an engineer and interested in getting some infiltrator time in too. In game name is simon042, see you there!

Quote Originally Posted by simbo042 View Post
    Afternoon folks! I played PS2 for a while during beta and I returned to the game over the weekend to see what was what. Long story short: I played a lot, and liked it...

Any chance you could send me an invite to the outfit? I have a free weekend coming up this week and I intend to spend most of it letting PS2 flog my CPU to death! I currently play as an engineer and interested in getting some infiltrator time in too. In game name is simon042, see you there!
    Hey Simon, you'll need to be logged in to join the outfit. Just jump into mumble and ask when you are next online and you'll get the invite.

Quote Originally Posted by simbo042 View Post

Itl be nice to see you around. thursdays and tuesdays are our more organised nights, weds are fairly casual, and mondays are for silly stuff. One of those days will be for you if you want to make the most of us, however some of us should be around at weekends to ease you in.

As Carpe-Dentum said, you need to log in for us to do it, but yeah, make sure youre on mumble, not only so you can actually ask us, but so that we can have long and varied chats and enjoy our evening .

They are a great bunch of guys (and girls), so dont be afraid to butt in.

Hi all, just returning the PS2 after a few months away and trying to reacquaint myself with the game. Spent some time this evening on mumble listening in to the enjoyable in game chat from your outfit (unfortunately I couldn't get my mic working at the time) and was hoping you could use another corpse in waiting to help fill the bodybags. My in game name in McGoonagul.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    We ALWAYS require more willing corpses to fill the ranks! Also, we can only invite you when you're in game, so feel free to put a message in the active mumble channel and we'll get you an invite.

So who's PL for tonight?

Dunno, I might not be on.
    Find me on the Steams

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEBIRD View Post
    Dunno, I might not be on.
    Frustratingly me either, stupid shift changes.

Well, that sucks! Hope I won't be alone, I'm not really feeling up for Strat PL tonight.

Well I miiiiiight be, we will see. No promises. Gotta spend some time with the girlfriend before she goes out of town for the weekend.
    Find me on the Steams

*fingers crossed*