Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1035
    Lesser Hivemind Node WallyTrooper's Avatar
    You're not wrong because I for one would like more regular and more tactical play. I suspect there may be others in a similar position. I've been gently making this point off and on for a while now that RPS does the first two categories frequently and well but the last one only rarely.

Discipline is key in all of this and if we can get people following orders (which means waiting etc.) on a regular night then that's our solution. This has hitherto proven difficult and alternatives such as having a regular tactical group has, understandably, been met with the suggestion that it would create an unwanted clique. I'm not sure what the answer is but I think it's worth discussion, perhaps at the next outfit meeting?
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Good to know Wally! I guess as someone relatively new I don't know how things like this before have worked and been handled.

I've been in large clans for other games - tf2, cs etc and when there's been similar situations it's more been a case of these people will sometimes play together more but they're still part of the community and understand that some people are more casual.

Further discussion would be good I think. I love RPS as an outfit and appreciate how varying it is but ps2 is missing the tactical edge for me just now that I crave.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    StratGir day!

I'm really keen to squad lead tonight. Not played a lot recentley, but want to get on the ground shooting, while being in an actually effective squad. Think can make progress with that.

We got anyone up for Platoon Leading tonight.

Bump.

Yes! StratGir! Let's do this!

I'm up for some Platoon Leading tonight, sure.

However... If there is anyone else who would particularly like to lead then i'm happy to SL or lead a TopGir squadron.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

YES! I'm excited for this. Any prospective SLs intending to do some really tight squad play?

Whilst TopGir etc are great fun for those involved, and also really useful (I FUCKING love TopGir, so don't take this the wrong way), I can't help but feel that we neglect our ground troops for it sometimes.

Bear with me, this is related to topic!

It's numbers essentially. Last night is a good example. Once the air training had finished, everyone headed to an air squad. we we're running with a squad whilst are had more. That's fine and all, but then people left the ground troops to play other things, leaving us with about 7 people. Not great fun. it was about 10-11pm BST to be fair though. /whine

Anyhoo, can we have an "Old Skool" StratGir night. Ridebird Style (first person to alter Gangnam style to feature Ridebirds forum avatar and the words "Ridebird Style" earns a purple giraffe and my eternal respect).

I'm happy to SL a squad if we're doing this and would encourage those from the RideBird days do so too. fits with squad cohesion week too!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Crazy(ish) idea to try on Stratgir nights:

Organising a Max Crash. Want a good mix of MAX/engi.
    PL order: Alpha 1-10 pull maxes. Bravo 1-10 pull engi, follow the Max matching your number (follow, not lead). 11 + 12 both squads - medic, rezz medics first, then max, then engi.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Crazy(ish) idea to try on Stratgir nights:

Organising a Max Crash. Want a good mix of MAX/engi.
    PL order: Alpha 1-10 pull maxes. Bravo 1-10 pull engi, follow the Max matching your number (follow, not lead). 11 + 12 both squads - medic, rezz medics first, then max, then engi.
    I'd have reservations about this - purely because I don't believe the 10 people wanting to max and the 10 people wanting to engi will be in the same squads. It makes sense to not only go with what people prefer but also what they have spec'd best.
    Maybe just having battle buddies would be enough?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    I'd have reservations about this - purely because I don't believe the 10 people wanting to max and the 10 people wanting to engi will be in the same squads. It makes sense to not only go with what people prefer but also what they have spec'd best.
    Maybe just having battle buddies would be enough?
    Trying to create pairs rarely works out. I'm prepared to give it a go again, but this was something that could be created ad hoc.

Is it easy enough to switch about squads so we can have 1 max and 1 engi based on specs/preferences from a PL point of view? Or is it easier to order with a squad? In which case you could have 1-engi 2-max 3-engi 4-max etc.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    the problem with assigning roles via positions is that we don't have loadout requirements. alpha 3-8 may only have a non-specced max with a single AI arm, while delta 2-10 may be vets that all have tricked out maxes. Organising this within the squads would probably be more viable, but also a pain in the ass to coordinate.

Quote Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    the problem with assigning roles via positions is that we don't have loadout requirements. alpha 3-8 may only have a non-specced max with a single AI arm, while delta 2-10 may be vets that all have tricked out maxes. Organising this within the squads would probably be more viable, but also a pain in the ass to coordinate.
    Yup that's what I was getting at (although a lot less succinctly). Some good co-ordinated MAX crashes could be a lot of fun though =]

If you want to go for all out per squad then this would need to be organised at the platoon inception, all tricked out MAXs to Alpha please, all tricked out Engineers to Bravo please, all tricked out Medics to Charlie please etc. When I run MAX crashes I tend to run a squad with 6 MAXs, 3 Eng, 2 Med and an Infil (sensor darts, I just love them). Everyone has their own take on this though and I love being in my MAX heh!
    PS2 a.k.a. PurpleSnow
    also available on Steam

A big thanks to all RO's and SL's who stepped up during the night and did an immaculate job. Tonight everyone was excellent in every sense of the word. I witnessed cohesion, discipline and above all else enjoyment.

SG for C2A:5 was awesome, but this was probably the best i've ever Platoon Lead and by far the most enjoyable. A great deal of that was down to all of you, so thanks guys!

vrwegffhrg.jpg

Edit: Oh! Almost forgot to mention. I was Liasing with TVA and they were fighting along side us from Quartz Ridge till Hvar, specifically VC. Nothing but good things to report from them, as usual. The cooperation was great.

So all in all an evening to honor and rival the old days!
    Last edited by NickWhite; 02-08-2013 at 12:29 AM.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Network Hub
    I would agree. I had a tremendous time leading Bravo, and I think that tonight was a great success. I got the impression that everyone had fun, Nick was a great PL, and we had some fun and interesting fights.

Squad cohesion worked well, everyone did what was needed, and at times I think that RPS really did punch above their weight. Thanks to everyone who took part, special thanks to Nick for leading, and extremely special thanks to Bravo Squad for putting up with my mistakes and working as a unit.

PS - Also, points to LaKroy and Wardancers for helping me run the Squad.