Page 47 of 85 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus LaKroy's Avatar
    The Rock, Paper, Shotgun idea sounds great. It gives the PL access to the three components of PS2 warfare and the ability to apply them at will, RTS style. It could prove to be a boon to strategy and squad cohesion.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by LaKroy View Post
    The Rock, Paper, Shotgun idea sounds great. It gives the PL access to the three components of PS2 warfare and the ability to apply them at will, RTS style. It could prove to be a boon to strategy and squad cohesion.
    Credit where it's due - SurlyWombat had the idea, I've just tweaked it into a (theory crafted) operating practice. It turns out not dissimilar to how 666th claim on their site they work, although obviously on a smaller scale for us.

Oh, yes. I knew I had read it before.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    If we go with the Rock, Paper, Shotgun idea, I'll volunteer to lead the air squads/platoon. Cannot guarantee that I'll be there till event start though. LaKroy, will you cover forms in the event that I'm a bit late to the party?

and, do we have someone who wants to PL? Liaison?

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    If we go with the Rock, Paper, Shotgun idea, I'll volunteer to lead the air squads/platoon. Cannot guarantee that I'll be there till event start though. LaKroy, will you cover forms in the event that I'm a bit late to the party?
    Of course, I'll start it up if need be.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Problem with Rock squad(s) - MAXes can't drive, or gun most vehicles.

So some unnecessary waste of timers and resources possible there.
    Last edited by CMaster; 04-07-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Problem with Rock squad(s) - MAXes can't drive, or gun most vehicles.

So some unnecessary waste of timers and resources possible there.
    hello you can fit maxes in the back of harassers and incidentally I would love to run a harasser squad just throwing that out there

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Socroft View Post
    hello you can fit maxes in the back of harassers and incidentally I would love to run a harasser squad just throwing that out there
    The original idea he posted was that the entire squad splits into pairs and then they gun and drive (max can't gun or drive) or max and repair.

MAX's can sit on the back of flashs or harassers, but that leaves them a) open to getting shot and killed and b) in the case of harassers unable to fire. It'd also remove using Mags as a means of getting from base to base.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    This sounds very interesting. I'll be on later in the evening - I assume there is no prompt start time that must be adhered to?

Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    This sounds very interesting. I'll be on later in the evening - I assume there is no prompt start time that must be adhered to?
    We usually kick off about 19:30 GMT, but you don't have to be there at that time. It's helpful though, but its not like raiding in wow where if you dont show up on time the guild replaces you.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    MAX's can sit on the back of flashs or harassers, but that leaves them a) open to getting shot and killed and b) in the case of harassers unable to fire.
    MAXes can not ride on the back of flashes, but they can fire from the back of harassers.

Another thing MAXes can do is man sunderer guns. Battle buses are fun and powerful. Maybe try that out?

My mistake, I thought they could ride on them, but not shoot from them for some reason.

Steam ID

We usually kick off about 19:30 GMT, but you don't have to be there at that time. It's helpful though, but its not like raiding in wow where if you dont show up on time the guild replaces you.
    Just making sure! Strict attendance of raiding in WoW really pushed me away from end game content...

I'd be questioning the suspension on a quad bike if a MAX could ride on the back...

Here you're pretty much free to show up when you want and leave when you want. If you'd like to lead a squad or perform radio operator duties, it's best to show up early and even post in this thread.

But yeah, usually we start around 19:30 GMT and go from there until maybe around 11 or whenever people start heading off.

Steam ID

My mistake, I thought they could ride on them, but not shoot from them for some reason.
    they absolutely can shoot and from personal experience a dual burster or vortex max is a fantastic thing to have in the back. With due care and attention from the driver the max can be kept safe and / or with a good line of sight on the enemy.

You either didn't read Lakroys post or misunderstood my response to him.

I know a MAX can shoot from the back of a harasser.

Steam ID

This moment went very well I feel.

I have no idea why you posted that picture in the "Tactical Giraffe" thread but I think it kinda fits. Mostly.
    Planetside 2 | Miller | [RPS] Irumani
    Guild Wars 2 | Vizunah | [RPS] Morganne Melua (N80) + [RPS] Namassi Melua (G80) + a few more.
    Steam | [FUCA] Skiant

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    It's strategic giraffes, and a massive "troop deployment maneuver" fits perfectly in here :-p

Were you trying to fly in formation, or was the V shape just a happy accident?
    ARMA, Planetside 2 - Lynche (The 'e' is silent)
    Steam, PS3, Minecraft - Safilpope