Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1735
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Standard RPS composition is probably 6 engie, 2 medic, 2 HA, 1 LA, 1 Infil/MAX, but it does vary around as we don't have a required squad spec.
    ha, i'd hope that strat and tac setups are exempt from this, unless we're doing vehicles. it's a horrible composition that should only ever be found during casual stuff, and even there it's a stretch.

Have we ever practised squad composition/grouping/movement in VR? There's a perfectly good tower that we should make use of for learning how to move as one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    That is pretty much the squad setup we had, although leaning more toward medic than HA. I think my point regarding leverage is partly down to the lack of acting as a singular unit but also that it should be a case of having HA taking more of the flack as opposed to a medics taking lead who're more squishy.

I'd be happy with very strong micromanagement but I think that depends on the SL style. Both would work for me - but there needs to be something.

I like the idea of having names and setups for certain buildings. I noticed at points something like "Bravo to the NE building of point X" resulted in a split in the squad between two different buildings.
    Aye. FU has special loadouts depending on situations (Medic Crashes one of them rofl). MAXes always push first with HA's to it's flank and engie behind and Medics behind everyone picking up those who die.

And yeah micromanagement in our outfit also depends on the current squad leader. I personally do it but it varies from squad to squad.

So, you gonna come teach us some insider tactics? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Adenn View Post
    Aye. FU has special loadouts depending on situations (Medic Crashes one of them rofl). MAXes always push first with HA's to it's flank and engie behind and Medics behind everyone picking up those who die.

And yeah micromanagement in our outfit also depends on the current squad leader. I personally do it but it varies from squad to squad.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei Onryou View Post
    Have we ever practised squad composition/grouping/movement in VR? There's a perfectly good tower that we should make use of for learning how to move as one.
    Very good idea.

We could potentially do some sort of "bootcamps" as Adenn mentioned FU have in VR to tighten up squad play for those who enjoy it.

I honestly wouldn't mind telling you guys some FU tactics. We are already doing it with InnI (Heavy Metal Marines, new NC outfit). Our reasoning is that we'll have better fights if we other outfits also learn.

I honestly wouldn't mind telling you guys some FU tactics. We are already doing it with InnI (Heavy Metal Marines, new NC outfit). Our reasoning is that we'll have better fights if we other outfits also learn.
    Makes a lot of sense! I, for one, would be very interested in hearing them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Our reasoning is that we'll have better fights if we other outfits also learn.
    Great attitude!

On mumble I got on the TR channel if anyone want's to chat. Otherwise when I get back from my vacation (In London for next 2 weeks) I can start some sort of event :3

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMaster View Post
    Standard RPS composition is probably 6 engie, 2 medic, 2 HA, 1 LA, 1 Infil/MAX, but it does vary around as we don't have a required squad spec.
    Depends.

I would hope anyone running a TACGIR squad organises compositions themselves and very differently.

However the preponderence of engineer is still a major issue we need to work on.

PLs should be checking squad compositions and ordering people to change if needed.

In general we need less engys and more medics. We tend to be ok for HAs.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Tacgir seems to have better composition from what I've seen.

Adenn, an event may definitely be of some use! Some general dos and don'ts may also be of some help and some high level strategies.

As a question - do we, as an outfit, have any specific tactics for certain situations? I.e. hold top floor with maxs on stairs?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus WallyTrooper's Avatar
    I'd also appreciate some training from FU. I reached out to DWG but they didn't seem all that interested. Besides training though what we need is discipline. It's difficult to get that reliably with a revolving door of members. That's why I suggested regular squads but I can see the downsides in that being too exclusive and cliquey.
    WallyTrooper = TrooperWally

Wally is now on Steam!

Perhaps not regular squads but maybe a pool of people who take tactical play more seriously.

I'd like that. What do people reckon though, too cliquey still?

Wally is now on Steam!

Well we can still have Stratgir nights where everyone can mix then perhaps have specific bootcamp days for those who want something more serious for learning and practising. Then with enough people on someone could start a squad aimed at putting that stuff into practice. To be honest I actually think it could help with causal enjoyment too. No one enjoys getting rolled and having people you can rely on to help would be nice.

I'm well up for this and agree that being better should be more fun.

Wally is now on Steam!

Question : how a pool of people differs from our current "Join that TACGIR squad if you want tactical play" ????

Well if we had bootcamps that focused on tactics then it would be putting those into action as opposed to general tactical play of tacgir.

This is more as a help for a SL that wants to lead a unit that has known tactics and practised.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I'm not sure we need training so much as better discipline. It's sorely lacking on some nights.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

True, I guess ultimately my point is you have three main groups of people
    - casual
    - casual but want some tactical play
    - strong tactical play

Then every shade in between.

To me the latter is only vaguely catered for. Yes in general we need better team play but that's difficult with constant new people. I think, and get the impression some people might like something that has strong squad cohesion that requires more than the occasional tacgir. Maybe I'm wrong though!