Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    Safe and home, will be on at 7.15 GMT (for CET-friends like me - 20.15)

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    true. However, I didnt think leaving was a good idea, though.
    Agreed, I had my reservations about that as well, as I do think we could have broken their will eventually if we kept it up. But I can understand how people got sick of fighting over that bridge for hours.

Good fun last night, but a bit hard to get stuff going/organized. Keeping people together with their squads seemed to be a little hard as well.

I think its easier to do ops like these without any publics around. Because if you try to do some stealth stuff, you just get fucked by someone blindly firing somewhere.

Still had fun though. (but I have to add, that was not "mike control", not on my part either.)
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Activated Node
    I concur that last night was fun. Although, i really need a better framerate to do anything more decent, I hope that it's going to get better from their side. I'm not allowed to think about a hardware update before the second half of 2013.
    I am also proud of my achievement for yesterday evening, managing to get my magrider upsidedown and trying to correct that was mighty fun.

Also, i am taking a week and a bit off, due to christmas, new year and stuff. So I'll come back in the great white snowy land whose name we do not dare say (yes, that's it: Sweden) in January. See you then!
    Last edited by Silgidorn; 21-12-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Edit: Moved response Re: Wednesday night to the outfit thread
    Last edited by Cooper; 21-12-2012 at 03:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    OK, some thoughts on future strategic outings:

Plan is to split channels by squads again. Sounds OK, but if we're doing that:

Platoon Leader should make roles for squads, not just destinations. So if we're trying to scrape together a defence then it goes something like this:
    "Alpha, hold west tower with infantry, Charlie east. Bravo switch to anti-air. Delta provide armour support" (equally, an armour support wing would be useful as part of an assault). So the anti-air squad would be bursters/skyguards for those that have them, engies for those that don't. A + C would be heavies, some infils, medic or two. D would roll magriders (+ ammo sund and maybe a HE lightning or two), and swap around to keep them up.

This could be made even better if squads had some bias towards certain roles - eg if people with lots of armour certs could be in one squad, and all the pilot aces in another, so that when the PL wants an air wing, he knows to ask for Bravo. Meanwhile, it gets us away from cooldown issues (if Charlie did armour just 10 minutes ago, ask Alpha to do it this time) and lets use go all inf for gal drops, storming the walls, whatever.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    I created a thread some while back where I asked people what they are certed for to compile a list where we could maybe assign people into squads more easily. The problem is that I cannot come up with a smart way to display the information and also make it easy to access/edit it. That could help to put people together in the right squads.
    Overall I like the idea of a more general rule of how squads are structred, like delta always having certed ESFs and Libs while charlie always has certed MBTs and Lightnings.

The problem is we're rarely more then 30 on an stratgir night and we lack numbers to be so specialized, but yes, I will try to be more specific about actual number of bursters needed etc..

I am applying to be PL or SL of a very tight but vocal squad tonight. (03.01.)

for me, that means: only necessary chatter, unless specified that we are at ease. Ill put down a couple of rules of engagement/squad; but obviously, its supposed to be fun. So no friendly headshots ;D

I think Ill be able to start at 2100/2000 ECT/GMT tonight, but I reserve the right to be 15 minutes late due to me having kids.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    but obviously, its supposed to be fun. So no friendly headshots ;D
    Who's saying friendly headhots aren't fun? Or friendly backstabs, for that matter...

Btw; I've found that a headshot with the default sniper rifle is one shot kill on a light assault. At least on Mindstorm it was.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus MrEclectic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EsotericReverie View Post
    Who's saying friendly headhots aren't fun? Or friendly backstabs, for that matter...
    He didn't mention backstabs, or for that matter friendly roadkills (Magmower ftw), so I guess they're fair game

I'm not home tonight, so Quanta for PL yeeez?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Don't think I could handle PLing for two "outing" nights in a row, but definitely up for an SL role.

Awesome. Now if I can manage mumble to be less shit, though thatll depend on how many people show up.

Does the whisper stuff work, or do I need the mumble server host guy?
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Awesome. Now if I can manage mumble to be less shit, though thatll depend on how many people show up.

Does the whisper stuff work, or do I need the mumble server host guy?
    Whispers between SLs and the PL work fine, although everyone has to set theirs up individually.
    Not sure exactly how RIDEBIRD's broadcast to all related channels works mind.

Whisper works excellent. To broadcast to all, use the shout to channel feature.

so.. I shout to the subfolders? or just the SLs? its gonna be a silent mumbling then.

Ah well, whatever gets the job done. Can we have more folders than just 2?
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    As PL, you want to have three Teamspeak buttons:

1. Your normal push-to-talk
    2. A whisper to the other 2/3 squad leaders
    3. A shout to all the individual squad channels

You'll be using 1 and 2 quite a bit, 3 probably not so much. The squad leaders just need 1 and 2.
    We can set up temporary Bravo and Delta channels for this start thurs.

Network Hub
    There is also a command token option, which makes it easy to have a group of people on a command channel talking to each other without bothering anyone else.