Thread: Gaming headsets

Gaming headsets

I had a Astro A40 headset which I found to be generally excellent, if a little heavy, at least until my son ripped most of the leads out. My wife has suggested that she will get me another pair for christmas but as I also need a new mouse I think that getting a cheaper headset and a decent mouse would probably be a better idea.

Any recommendations for headsets on a 70-100 budget?

I am looking for comfort, good sound quality and ease of use.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Wow. 70 to 100 pounds? Oef.

If you are looking for a stereo headset (Surround headsets are overhyped imo*), I suggest the Sennheiser PC 3xx series. I personally use the PC310, which is the cheapest variant which cost me 45 euros, and it is awesome. It has very good sound quality, it is very comfortable, and it has two jack plugs, so I figure it probably does well in the EoU deparment. Since you obviously have a bigger budget, you can try and see if you can get some of the more expensive versions, such as the 320 or 330.

* surround headsets rely on built in soundcards with Dolby Headphone or similar stuff, which you can easily get by just buying your own soundcard and plugging in a stereo headphone. Which is probably the more durable optoin.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by palindrome View Post
    I had a Astro A40 headset which I found to be generally excellent, if a little heavy, at least until my son ripped most of the leads out. My wife has suggested that she will get me another pair for christmas but as I also need a new mouse I think that getting a cheaper headset and a decent mouse would probably be a better idea.

Any recommendations for headsets on a 70-100 budget?

I am looking for comfort, good sound quality and ease of use.
    Good!!

dsi xl cases dsi cases ds bag