Kerbal Space Program -- Dangerously Underfunded Space Program Simulation

Have you guys caught wind of this yet? It's still in Alpha, but even at this stage is incredibly fun. Basically you design multi-stage rockets with enough power to launch your brave Kerbals into outer space. Don't forget to add a parachute for reentry!
    As with any bargain basement space program, the chances for unforseen incident are, um, astronomically high.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/

Thank you for posting this!

I love me some Orbiter, but this looks totally fun. I just had a quick go and it's actually brilliant.

It looks promising!

Network Hub Peter Radiator Full Pig's Avatar
    Sounds like a great idea. Darn my terribly restricting download limit. Especially after the Steam sale.

This is wonderfully entertaining. I love the pilots' facial expressions; especially Jeb's...

Has anyone managed to get in to orbit yet? I'm sure it's technically possible, but the steering is perhaps a little too tricky.

I really like the sound and look of this, but it doesn't work for me. Whenever I click save or launch, nothing happens. This makes me sad :(

Fantastic game. Orbit is easier to achieve than I first thought, since the atmosphere ends rather abruptly you can rocket straight up and then tip over to the side to get the velocity required.

Lots of fun, though it makes me want to get back in to Orbiter again. Looking forward to getting more rocket components.
    Last edited by TimA; 14-07-2011 at 10:16 PM.

You can always download component packs, although a lot of them are rather Overpowered, stats wise. Here are a few:

http://mod.gib.me/kerbal/mods/

The best is SundayPunch's, which has some larger rocket components, a rather nifty Launch Escape System, and some more connectors.

EDIT: To install, just move all the folders in the zip file into the 'parts' folder in your KSP directory.
    Last edited by StrangLove; 14-07-2011 at 10:53 PM.

Hm. I just exited orbit.

Well, I just overshot the ISS (if there were one) by double the distance. Hitting 1000Km mark soon.
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 15-07-2011 at 12:30 AM.

If it's this good in alpha I can't wait to see the end product. I fear my designs need a bit of work though...
    There is nothing more powerful than a bad idea who's time has come...