Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No2FolkARPS

No2FolkARPS

No, we don't want to use Teamspeak 3.
    No, we don't want to add a monoculture site with no prospects for growth to our browsing habits.
    No, we don't think ferstaberinde is more relevant than Rock Paper Shotgun (or for that matter, Herosquad.org which is used for the non-ip addresses).
    No, we don't want to add skype as a requirement out of nowhere.
    No, we don't think the Folk brand, which has no presence outside of the Folk site, is stronger.
    No, we don't want to be told exactly what to do by a small band who don't take any outside interests into account.
    No, we don't want to cut ourselves off from being part of a larger multi-game community.
    No, we don't think Tigershark's heavy breathing is funny.
    No, we don't think the Social Agrarian Utopia thing makes any fucking sense whatsoever, and it's not funny trying to politicise a group like that?

No, we don't think cutting spending will help the deficit!

And so on?

You're really just going to roll over and let them do what they want?

Is it because they "host" the sessions? Take leadership roles? Donate more to server upkeep? Make missions?(Probably, yes)
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

My sarcasm detector doesn't work on this. I think it's broken.

Man, I hate that Fer dude.

Quote Originally Posted by fer View Post
    Man, I hate that Fer dude.
    He's such an ass, really. And those glasses. Not to mention his face is everywhere now that our logo changed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    It's like a north korean really but with more homo eroticism.

ON TOPIC

#stopfer2012

Quote Originally Posted by Siddin View Post
    He's such an ass, really. And those glasses. Not to mention his face is everywhere now that our logo changed.
    I heard that if you feel in any way traumatised by having witnessed that image in-game, you can apply to have all your counseling costs paid for from a central fund. My claim form is in the post already.

Activated Node
    A civil war, eh? FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

Check out my New Model Army:

NMA.jpg

Har har har civil war jokes.
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Obscure Node
    Who is this?

Network Hub
    Hold on who are you?

Well that was just plain rude.

Activated Node
    Donate more to server upkeep?
    I'm not Folk.

ARPS fo' life!

Obscure Node
    I'm not quite sure what's going on here but it's making cats fall out of the sky so you guys should probably stop.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So is this for real? Cause it sure sounds like it.

Network Hub
    Taking it seriously for a moment? Yeah, when I played ARMA (I should get back into that again, but scheduling started eating at my time for regular play) I preferred the RPS sessions. I like mumble, I think that the running joke of the glorious communist republic is stale as hell and forces people into playing with AKs and shit all the time, closing off opportunities for using a broader spectrum of kit, and I think half the strength of the Arma people I hang around with/met was that I could play other games with them too occasionally, like Wargame: EE and Mechwarrior and stuff.

Of course there's also a place to go serious MilSim with Arma, it's a game built for that, but I don't think the structure of ARPS precluded having a 'serious' night every once in awhile by any means.

As a guy who has drifted away from the ARMA stuff, hearing that FOLK is taking over doesn't really encourage me to join back in. FOLK does great work and all, but I feel like I can dip in once in awhile with ARPS and take it casually. I don't feel nearly so welcome around FOLK nights.
    Last edited by JimTheDog; 05-12-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Activated Node
    This wrong. Folk ain't taking over by any means, we just move all comms to TS.
    Regarding AKs an shit, the more people make missions, the more stuff we can play with. We've been regularly playing blufor for a while.
    Other games? People are the same, you can still play other games. Matter of fact, thee's a Wargame:EE session being planned right now.
    And FOLK, milsim? Seriously? Anyway, ARPS sessions haven't been that different from sunday sessions for a while, they're still casual.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So I guess I will chip in if there is a discussion going:

Although I would not put it in such strong terms, I also miss the more 'relaxed' TT nights. I think it was great to have a 'fooling around' night and a more 'serious' one. The last few months I had the feeling things were getting too serious, with SLs micro-managing etc and honestly it was spoiling my fun. The fact that I can only stay for about an hour and a half (and of course that is my problem) did not help much either, as that meant that I was staying for a maximum of two missions (with all the planning etc). In the end I decided, I would rather play something else for that 1.5 hours but I wasn't gonna complain about it as it was due to my limited time and also I can understand that people who make missions and put in their time and effort have a certain direction in mind. As I did not have the time or willingness to get involved in the running of things, I could not really complain about it.

I can also understand the 'being cut off' from the rest of the community argument, although I guess that applies to newer players, as I played and still play other games with people I met in ARPS.

So this is my 2 cents and it's not meant as a criticism of anything or anyone.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
    This wrong. Folk ain't taking over by any means, we just move all comms to TS.
    Regarding AKs an shit, the more people make missions, the more stuff we can play with. We've been regularly playing blufor for a while.
    Other games? People are the same, you can still play other games. Matter of fact, thee's a Wargame:EE session being planned right now.
    And FOLK, milsim? Seriously? Anyway, ARPS sessions haven't been that different from sunday sessions for a while, they're still casual.
    I can only speak from my own experience. You seem to have had a very different experience to mine. As for W:EE, I've seen nothing about it either in the forums here or on the RPS steam group for it, so, I hope those plans get posted somewhere I see them so I can see if I can join in!

Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    I also miss the more 'relaxed' TT nights. I think it was great to have a 'fooling around' night and a more 'serious' one
    Funny thing is, TT started as the "more serious" night to the rest of the time's "arsing around".

I do share the feeling that TT's got a bit too serious these days. On the other hand I don't know if you can both have a relaxed approach and ever get any missions started, let alone succeeded, with the number of people that turn up these days.