Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Did someone say Spacechem yet? That'll keep you busy.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Thanks guys, I should've figured GOG would have me covered. Spacechem sounds interesting too!
    Has anyone played space station 13? It looks like something I'd enjoy but had an absolute nightmare trying to install and run it last time.

I recently installed Awesomenauts on my netbook, good fun...does require an internet connection though, as far as I know. I've also had monkey island tales run on my old one too, albeit somewhat slow. Newer ones probably handle this better.

I've wiled away many an hour on my Samsung net-book with Dwarf Fortress. It's a bit CPU intensive, but playable. Grab the latest "Lazy Newb" pack to make it easy to use graphic tile-sets, and net-book friendly key bindings.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackice View Post
    I've wiled away many an hour on my Samsung net-book with Dwarf Fortress. It's a bit CPU intensive, but playable. Grab the latest "Lazy Newb" pack to make it easy to use graphic tile-sets, and net-book friendly key bindings.
    I have the Dwarf Fortress guidebook :P I'm scared to install it on the netbook just because I know I'd end up sinking far too much time into it when I should be out immersing myself in the local culture (by immersing I mean drinking and by culture I mean beers)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus b0rsuk's Avatar
    POWDER is a highly underrated graphical roguelike. Shorter than Crawl or Nethack, but has charming graphics, excellent writing, elegant mechanics and a ton of variety. Not in the Angband sense: "Inertia Hound, Fire Hound, Darkness Hound, Ice Hound, Lightning Hound, Poison Hound". But rather "I don't implement spells that don't require new code." My favorite part is the gods. There are 5 of them, and all of them judge you at the same time. Some like magic, some hate it, one doesn't want you to kill at all, another wants you to make a lot of noise... Based on the way you play, some gods will like you and some will hate you. Fortunately, a good standing with one god often makes him protect you from a punishment of another god.
    http://www.zincland.com/powder/index.php?pagename=about
    pass

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubbx View Post
    I recently installed Awesomenauts on my netbook, good fun...does require an internet connection though, as far as I know. I've also had monkey island tales run on my old one too, albeit somewhat slow. Newer ones probably handle this better.
    to say awesomenauts is awesome is understating. this game rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    It requires at least 1280x800, IIRC. Some netbook monitors might not go that high.
    FTL works on a netbook in windowed mode. You may need to move the window left and right a bit to access the edges of the interface but its playable.