A Squadside post that may be of interest

http://www.squadside.com/2014/11/10/...yside-baiting/

I just thought I'd post this here as the VS force that the post talks about was our squad on Sunday and I thought you guys might be interested to see what MOX had to say about us.
    Planetside 2:JaggedMallard26 (VS), JaggedMallard27 (TR, Cobalt) and Jaggedmallard28 (NC)

I'm quite nitpicky in forum discussions so be warned

Wow they're a bit cereal.
    We mustered a squad and a half at most on Sunday, most definitely not 3x their numbers (even with the odd random) and pulled off a rather excellent base assault to kick the fight off. However, as PL, I was a bit cross when the sundies advancing up the road to Triumph went the wrong way and up the obvious trap despite being told not to and smoke being dropped as markers. Saying that we got round them in the end, but were simply outpopped once other TR turned up. From memory it was 70/30, so once our spawns went it was over.

However they did make good use of that Lib.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It's always interesting to read the squadside AARs, cool to feature in one. But yeah, like Cei said: when we deployed to Pale Canyon we were only a squad and a bit. The re-secure was pretty great. I guess a lot more friendlies turned up after we got the point back and blew their sundy, making it seem like 3-1? But it definitely wasn't that when we kicked them off the point.

And we saw exactly what they were doing on that hill next to the road afterwards but the squad took a while to respond properly to Cei's orders.

Fun fights though! Just wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong impression of what we were actually doing from reading the AAR.

I'm surprised they didn't mention my flash, I went on a 14 killstreak from that hill alone, the renegade + wraith combination is so fun. I even got a MAX. Whoever it was that rode on the back with a deci after they retreated from pale canyon (I think it was Eso, not sure though) helped a lot by damaging the sundy as I chased them down and ran over everyone who got out to shoot us, fun was had.

I didn't notice much of the lib at all, I remember a mossy with hornets, which wardancers and I took care of. But no lib.
    Steam: gary the super elite hobo
    Planetside 2: Gorncaptain

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't mention my flash, I went on a 14 killstreak from that hill alone, the renegade + wraith combination is so fun. I even got a MAX. Whoever it was that rode on the back with a deci after they retreated from pale canyon (I think it was Eso, not sure though) helped a lot by damaging the sundy as I chased them down and ran over everyone who got out to shoot us, fun was had.

I didn't notice much of the lib at all, I remember a mossy with hornets, which wardancers and I took care of. But no lib.
    Lets assume it just didn't quite fit in with the serious military strategy vibe they were going for!

The Lib was over Pale Canyon when we arrived but we managed to chase it off with infantry AA while we attacked. I'm guessing it showed up again later too.

Network Hub
    In fairness, it can often be hard to interpret the details of what's happening on the other team. Occasionally, we'll have a suspiciously easy time pushing, say, BRTD or RNX off a point. Most often, there are little factors that we never see; a well-timed tank shell taking out a MAX, or a good grenade hitting 3 of their 4 Medics before we breach, etc. It doesn't invalidate our success, it's just that PS2 is a big game and you rarely know everything that affected a large fight.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Was amused that the screenshot showing the numbers difference shows 2:1 odds, not 3:1 (although either are pretty dominating).

Squadside is always a good read, even if it tends to oversell the effectiveness of the stratergies used.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah, I normally read squadside posts and am left thinking "...and?"

Obscure Node
    Hope you dont mind me popping on to comment (sorry I only noticed this today)
    Squadside is designed to be a resource to encourage better tactical gameplay from all outfits to hopefully improve everyones experience, so it can be a little one sided or bised at times, but thats because it suffers from only having one perspective to draw on (my own). To try to stay accurate, I take screenshots at 10 second intervals, which serve as the images throughout the site, and as resources to check numbers, outfit tags etc.

Regarding the flash: I did consider adding a note about this, but tbh it wasn't having much of an imapact. Deaths were swiftly revived, and were being inflicted at too slow a rate to be a hinderance. Add another 2-3 flashes into the mix however......

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateCat View Post
    Hope you dont mind me popping on to comment (sorry I only noticed this today)
    Always welcome to! Like others said, it's interesting to read after action reports that are so thorough. We used to do similar but no one seems to have the time to these days!