Outfit Message of the Day

As many of you probably know the Outfit Message is displayed whenever you log into the game and as you probably also know it hasn't really been updated for a little while and has some somewhat out of date information on it (TVA is dead, long live /leader), in addition to this we can also sometimes struggle to get enough sign ups for things like Server Smashes and whatnot. So my idea to address all of these issues is to have it be regularly updated by someone in the outfit. It could be used to advertise training, advertise sign up opportunities or even just give general tips and advice about the game. The role would probably have to fall to a Councillor since they're the only ones (I think) with the ability to edit the message of the day but it could always be set to one of the Girofficers.

Do any of you guys agree or do you think it would be too difficult/confusing/pointless?
    Planetside 2:JaggedMallard26 (VS), JaggedMallard27 (TR, Cobalt) and Jaggedmallard28 (NC)

I'm quite nitpicky in forum discussions so be warned

Quote Originally Posted by jaggedmallard View Post
    As many of you probably know the Outfit Message is displayed whenever you log into the game and as you probably also know it hasn't really been updated for a little while and has some somewhat out of date information on it (TVA is dead, long live /leader), in addition to this we can also sometimes struggle to get enough sign ups for things like Server Smashes and whatnot. So my idea to address all of these issues is to have it be regularly updated by someone in the outfit. It could be used to advertise training, advertise sign up opportunities or even just give general tips and advice about the game. The role would probably have to fall to a Councillor since they're the only ones (I think) with the ability to edit the message of the day but it could always be set to one of the Girofficers.

Do any of you guys agree or do you think it would be too difficult/confusing/pointless?
    Actually, I think about that almost every time I sign in and see it.
    Personally, I think it's a good place to put information.. Though, who should be responsible and how difficult it might be to keep up to date, I couldn't say.
    "Bring me my purse."

please visit
    the Game Orphanage

Finding Good Homes For Unwanted Games Since January, 2014

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    I'll try to keep it up to date.

Ah, that was easier than I expected, thanks Cephas .

Although I would quite like to see it be updated daily although I doubt thats viable.
    Planetside 2:JaggedMallard26 (VS), JaggedMallard27 (TR, Cobalt) and Jaggedmallard28 (NC)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    It should be me! But only when I'm high on coffee and lack of sleep.
    Disclaimer:
    Sometimes I get a bit manic and then I talk too much and wall-of-text a lot.
    This rarely lasts for more than a week or so at a time. Feel free to ignore any and all walls of text at your leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    It should be me! But only when I'm high on coffee and lack of sleep.
    That sounds like it would be a bit scary and by that I mean absolutely terrifying.

To keep it regular we could hook you up to a coffee machine permanently, I think a Grumpy squad with a sleep deprived caffeined up Grumpy would be fun

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggedmallard View Post
    That sounds like it would be a bit scary and by that I mean absolutely terrifying.

To keep it regular we could hook you up to a coffee machine permanently, I think a Grumpy squad with a sleep deprived caffeined up Grumpy would be fun
    I've been on one. It was. Grumpy kept on breaking into the 1812 overture

Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator
    Planetside 2 DavidGan1x - Come admire my terrible KDR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    When you break into 1812 overture you are a good person in my oppinion. Although Piano Concert Nr1 is better.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus NickWhite's Avatar
    Until TVA is officially disbanded, which i doubt but will check up on later, I would prefer that we keep the MOTD the way it is for the moment. That's my own thoughts on the matter at least.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It would make sense to use the MOTD as it's intended - a public announcement for upcoming and current stuff. Not everyone trawls the forums, using the MOTD to publicise upcoming events could increase awareness and attendance.

Could maybe keep the TVA details up there as well?

Theme weeks also seemed to work really well when we had them, possibly something else that could appear in the MOTD in the future?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    I've left the TVA details in but just shortened it and added am extra line with upcoming event info.